Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:36:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: salt is the best idea??  (Read 354 times)
Thanhjonhan (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 12:48:06 AM

First off so you guys dont think im pumping the coin, I don't own any SALT r/n
Because my money is stuck with coinbase (thank you coinbase for fucking me over, appreciate it)
As soon as it will clear i will buy it.

But I wanna tell you why I fell in love with this coin in the past few days, after I researched it.

Basically SALT is one of the best ideas i've heard of in crypto.

They're doing "crypto backed loans".

Heres what they're gonna do - >
Lets say you own BTC and need cash (a loan) but dont wanna sell your crypto.

You can use your BTC as collateral and get CASH, then they will hold on your BTC until you pay them back.

Now here in the USA when you're trying to take a loan, they check your credit score and approve you or decline your request based on your credit.

Problem is - most people that needs a short term loan has shitty credit.

So SALT doesn't do any credit checks... because it doesnt need to
You're basically using your crypto as backup - if you wont pay the loan they will keep your crypto
But that way you can invest in crypto and still stay liquid (fiat wise)

It doesnt even have to be for people that need a loan...lets say you're holding ETH but need some cash right now to buy your mom a gift, and your salary comes in a week.

You don't wanna get out of your ETH position so you use SALT, and pay them back when u get your salary.... brilliant Smiley

I wonder what you guys think and if any of you invested in this project....
It just seems like a brilliant idea to me because I can see how useful it can be

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimmywh

Activity: 140
Merit: 22

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:34:03 AM

I like the whole concept of Salt.
However, I find Ethlend more interesting due to the space of growth compared to Salt.
Beroximos

Activity: 96

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:13:17 PM

Yes, the Salt is my favorite too. I have read a few articles about SALT and I think it this is a really revolutionary project and a good chance for everybody who will want to have a loan.

Some good articles have been posted recently.

https://coinidol.com/salt-loan-better-than-classic-bank-loan/

or

https://coinidol.com/salt-revolutionary-blockchain-backed-loans/
Black_bl

Activity: 503
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:32:38 PM

Because my money is stuck with coinbase (thank you coinbase for fucking me over, appreciate it)

But I wanna tell you why I fell in love with this coin in the past few days, after I researched it.

You can use your BTC as collateral and get CASH, then they will hold on your BTC until you pay them back.

Now here in the USA when you're trying to take a loan, they check your credit score and approve you or decline your request based on your credit.

You're basically using your crypto as backup - if you wont pay the loan they will keep your crypto

It doesnt even have to be for people that need a loan...lets say you're holding ETH but need some cash right now to buy your mom a gift, and your salary comes in a week.

You don't wanna get out of your ETH position so you use SALT, and pay them back when u get your salary.... brilliant Smiley

It just seems like a brilliant idea to me because I can see how useful it can be
The idea is good, but what about interest? The interest is in fiat or BTC and the another question is....Salt is only for short term loans?
TimeHacker

Activity: 521
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:11:16 PM

Any project which helps us remove banks as intermediaries in things where we don't really need them, such as loans, is welcome.
SALT is doing exactly this, moreover in a tokenized form on a blockchain, so... thumbs up. And if they succeed in getting enough people on board, it will become a huge business.

MatrixMining

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:17:47 PM

It's actually a very nice idea. If you have lot of Bitcoins let's say, you don't want to sell but need some cash for couple of months, this seems to be a good solution. It might turn out to be a genius business idea, especially now after most coins raised a lot and some people maybe have more money in crypto than in fiat Smiley
HybCZ

Activity: 126

BTC forever

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:04:51 AM

All the money lending businesses have great potential, and in this case, with a focus on one of the largest markets in South Africa, the potential is huge. If it does not bother the banks that they steal their customers and that's the money this project has a great future.
maskedtrader53

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:09:04 AM

I think this project is good, they have a good purpose and idea. The project acts like a bank where you can loan an amount you want but the collateral is you BTC.
Beroximos

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:42:27 PM

https://www.finder.com.au/salt-cryptocurrency-received-over-500000000-in-loan-requests-in-one-week

Here you can read about the huge number of loan requests. Exactly $550,000,000 for a one week.
It proves the Salt is on the right way. Good to invest there in my opinion.
Vitolife

Activity: 64

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:17:23 AM

https://www.finder.com.au/salt-cryptocurrency-received-over-500000000-in-loan-requests-in-one-week

Here you can read about the huge number of loan requests. Exactly $550,000,000 for a one week.
Absolutely agree, SALT is project right on target, there are lot of money invested in cryptos and of course, you do not want to sell your precious blockchain asset - so you have 2 options go to bank and ask for loan - and you get under scrutiny, you need salary confirmation, insurance, this and that, nothing pleasant to go through or we have SALT option - use your Bitcoin (Ethereum and alts comming in 2018) to secure the loan and get and repay in fiat, hassle free. If I have to chose, SALT is the way to go and the token would definitely see a very nice growth this year as well.
HybCZ

BTC forever

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:11:57 AM

Where you can buy SALT?
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:19:43 AM

It is already listed in binance yyou can buy there. and the price is quite good I mean most of alts already pumped to over x10 on binance but salt is still cheap comparing with those.
maskedtrader53

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:20:02 AM

This ICO has still a long way to go, it will still depend on the community if it will be fully accepted. I think the vision of this ICO is very good and will be helpful to us, and that what investors are looking in good ICO's.
HybCZ

BTC forever

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:21:59 AM

It is already listed in binance yyou can buy there. and the price is quite good I mean most of alts already pumped to over x10 on binance but salt is still cheap comparing with those.

The biggest profit is always only when you buy a good coin in time Wink
r.bhalla07

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:25:20 AM

I think it will still depend upon the community if it will be fully accepted and the vision of the ico is very good and will be helpful to us.

FilmBusinessBuster.com
» A GAME CHANGER for the Film Industry  «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
HybCZ

BTC forever

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:30:45 AM

I think it will still depend upon the community if it will be fully accepted and the vision of the ico is very good and will be helpful to us.

The community will definitely vote for a no-bank trip, so SALT will be very popular in a while Wink
kmxl45

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:04:55 AM

It is very nice number and it shows the interest of people. What is better that this is only a drop in the ocean of bank's world. The potential for SALT in this sector is so huge, we can't even imagine the future numbers.
HybCZ

BTC forever

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:50:02 AM

It is very nice number and it shows the interest of people. What is better that this is only a drop in the ocean of bank's world. The potential for SALT in this sector is so huge, we can't even imagine the future numbers.

There may also be a scenario where banks will move their money to this sector and will support this project;)
Beroximos

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:06:56 PM

Where you can buy SALT?
[/quote]

You can buy SALT tokens on this exchange. On the following link.

https://www.binance.com
leslie4u

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:35:22 PM

Like the idea of loan platform. Definitely something new and moreover this doesn't require any background verification or documentation which happens in a traditional way when people approach a bank for loans. However, I do have few questions-

1 - Is the loan sanctioned based on the requestor's local currency?
2 - If BTC is held as a security deposit, what happens when there is fluctuation in price?
3 -  How can someone close the loan that he/she has taken? Is it just by sending x amount of coins to the specific wallet?
4 - Will there be a tenure to lock the loan that's distributed? If someone wants to pre-close the loan, is this possible?

Thanks and have a nice day.
kmxl45

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:49:22 PM

There may also be a scenario where banks will move their money to this sector and will support this project;)

Very good point:D Even this is possible scenario, why not.
zefir41076

Activity: 264

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:01:32 PM

Any project which helps us remove banks as intermediaries in things where we don't really need them, such as loans, is welcome.
SALT is doing exactly this, moreover in a tokenized form on a blockchain, so... thumbs up. And if they succeed in getting enough people on board, it will become a huge business.
Crypto-currency is created in order to displace intermediaries between us and our money. We have the right to dispose of our money as we want and we do not need intermediaries. The salt  also helps us with this.

cosmicintegral7

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:28:07 PM

I too like SALT but not sure how well it gets implemented and used as an utility token.
Partizanai

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:59:12 PM

General idea of this kind of lending is great and gives people more options, yest which platform is superior only time will show
chrisyu

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:59:54 PM

I will just wait a little longer!
globalcitizen

Activity: 476
Merit: 104

Decentralized global citizen and crypto-preneur

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:05:19 PM

I took my time to go through the SALT whitepaper and I must confess that it is a very interesting project. EthLend as a decentralized lending platform is another wonderful project similar to SALT project but with decentralization advantage over SALT.
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:09:45 PM

I like the idea, and if used the right way it should help a lot of people that use crypto. I know I had to sell some of my bitcoins in order to pay some bills, and that was when bitcoin was still under $1000. So now those bills were definitely overpaid. If salt existed at that time it would saved me a lot of cash. I only see one problem with salt, and that is regulation. They will probably need to pass a lot of barriers before they can loan money like that, because that is normally only allowed by banks and credit companies, so I'm not sure they will be able to do it, using crypto as collateral. I hope they can, because their service looks nice.

The last problem will probably be related to how people use it. I'm afraid a lot of people will use salt as a way to get leverage. They ask for a loan, and then they buy crypto again, hoping that alone will give them profit to pay the loan. This could end badly for users and loaners if crypto falls after a loan, but let's see how it plays.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

HybCZ

BTC forever

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:24:56 AM

I like the idea, and if used the right way it should help a lot of people that use crypto. I know I had to sell some of my bitcoins in order to pay some bills, and that was when bitcoin was still under $1000. So now those bills were definitely overpaid. If salt existed at that time it would saved me a lot of cash. I only see one problem with salt, and that is regulation. They will probably need to pass a lot of barriers before they can loan money like that, because that is normally only allowed by banks and credit companies, so I'm not sure they will be able to do it, using crypto as collateral. I hope they can, because their service looks nice.

The last problem will probably be related to how people use it. I'm afraid a lot of people will use salt as a way to get leverage. They ask for a loan, and then they buy crypto again, hoping that alone will give them profit to pay the loan. This could end badly for users and loaners if crypto falls after a loan, but let's see how it plays.

I totally agree with you In the end it will be all about people how it will use it Wink. And I am scared about the same point you say " I'm afraid a lot of people will use salt as a way to get leverage. They ask for a loan, and then they buy crypto again, hoping that alone will give them profit to pay the loan." we are still just only people envious, rude, selfish and especially unpromising - some of us Smiley. We will see. But for invest this project is very good.
Beroximos

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:04:15 AM

1 - Is the loan sanctioned based on the requestor's local currency?
2 - If BTC is held as a security deposit, what happens when there is fluctuation in price?
3 -  How can someone close the loan that he/she has taken? Is it just by sending x amount of coins to the specific wallet?
4 - Will there be a tenure to lock the loan that's distributed? If someone wants to pre-close the loan, is this possible?

Thanks and have a nice day.
[/quote]

That is very good questions. Some answer you will probably get when you read their FAQ on this link
https://saltlending.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
If someone has information concerning these questions I will be also glad for sharing your notes.
Vitolife

Activity: 64

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:46:48 PM

Where you can buy SALT?
It is already listed on many exchages such as Huobi, Binance, Bittrex
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/salt/#markets
wertram

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:12:39 PM

Exactly and when is something cheap it is time to buy.
And where it is expensive it is time to sell.
Beroximos

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:54:18 AM

Very good and simple description about the SALT lending is on this following link.
It can help everyone who is still finding some answer about SALT and their service.

https://coincentral.com/salt-lending-beginner-guide/
chuongvannguyen02

Activity: 95

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:00:05 AM

I like the whole concept of Salt.
However, I find Ethlend more interesting due to the space of growth compared to Salt.
I also care about ETHlend they have a lot of good moves to push prices up. In the upcoming time airdrop will help ETHlend go up because there are many people want to use it to participate in this event.

HybCZ

BTC forever

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:33:51 AM

Do you follow the evolution of fantastic SALT in the first week? If she stays in this trend so I'm curious where it will go Smiley
Bitgenius777

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 09:21:33 AM

Reasons why SALT must moon from here on.

1. Huge news at 16th January at Bitcoin Conference
2. 7400% At HIGH
3. 12h, 6h, 4h all diverging bullish
4. Hit double Bottom at 4 times at support level!
5. Strong support at 600 Sats.
6. Twitter evangelist are hyping up this coin
7. Severely undervalued!
8. Fundamentals are sick!
9.  A working product
10. Bitcoin going to the moon tommorrow!
starplaks

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 09:49:15 AM

In general, the idea itself looks quite promising, so I think this token will be in great demand!
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: