Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:20:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with cgminer  (Read 692 times)
smalloy08 (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 04:13:09 PM

I'll start off by saying that I am probably the biggest noob in this forum.  I have downloaded cgminer, extracted cgminer to another folder, and added the Miner Configuration so far.  When I try to start the program, It just blips. If I use the nogpu version it asks me for URL, Username, Password, and then after I enter all of the default info or my info it just terminates.  I have the driver updates and SDK already  Huh
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
c789

Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 04:17:27 PM

if you run
Code:
cgminer --help
or
Code:
./cgminer --help
does that show anything?

Also, it would help if you post the command you're running and the configuration file.

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
smalloy08 (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 05:54:54 PM

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
cgminer --scrypt --url=stratum+tcp://coinotron.com:3334 --userpass=guest.1:1 --url=stratum+tcp://coinotron.com:3333 --userpass=guest.1:1 --url=stratum+tcp://coinotron.com:3334 --userpass=guest.1:1 --failover-only --shaders=80 --intensity=13

This is on windows btw. I have tried on a Linux system, but I have little to no experience with command line so I decided to try windows.
Nothing comes up for the help.

btw thanks  Smiley
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 05:58:27 PM

cgminer --scrypt --url=stratum+tcp://coinotron.com:3334 --userpass=guest.1:1 --url=stratum+tcp://coinotron.com:3333 --userpass=guest.1:1 --url=stratum+tcp://coinotron.com:3334 --userpass=guest.1:1 --failover-only --shaders=80 --intensity=13

This is on windows btw. I have tried on a Linux system, but I have little to no experience with command line so I decided to try windows.
Nothing comes up for the help.

btw thanks  Smiley

If you have teamviewer installed i could take a look at it and perhaps get it running for you.
I was once confused by this too, i usually fixed it by removing my config file to a differant folder, and then ensuring that everything that i typed was correct, Because if you make a typo in the web address it'll just instantly terminate, I think the same goes for if your login details are in the wrong format

It looks like you've got --scrypt in the wrong spot, I dont use scrypt mining, but on the coinotron website it shows the instructions as:
Stratum LTC pool:
cgminer -o stratum+tcp://coinotron.com:3334 -u workername -p password --scrypt

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
smalloy08 (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 06:11:45 PM

that would be great, ill play around with it a bit, but message me  and i'll give you my info.
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 06:16:56 PM

Try:

cgminer -o stratum+tcp://coinotron.com:3334 -u guest.1 -p 1 --scrypt

If that works, then you can play around with the shaders, intensity, thread concurrency, etc.  

Also, your format is wrong.  There should be no equal signs, just spaces.  If you have mutliple GPUS then you seperate it with a comma, IE --intensity 13,17
smalloy08 (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 06:32:51 PM

I tried this to no avail:

cgminer -o stratum+tcp://coinotron.com:3334 -u guest.1 -p 1 --scrypt

I should mention that I cant even get easygui to work on any of my computers. Is it something i'm missing? 
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 06:51:50 PM

What GPU(s) do you have?

What version of Catalyst did you install?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: