Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:29:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: All eyes on Japan in 2018  (Read 1428 times)
bricevdv

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:24:52 PM

While NEM & MONA are interesting cryptocurrency, i wouldn't invest my money on any cryptocurrency which only focus on specific country.
But, i'm sure once majority users adopt SegWit and use LN, i think Japan crypto community will consider accept BTC beside NEM & MONA.

Yes of course, BTC will be accepted as long as fees drop

Right now the fee stands at 510 Sat/Byte, which is lower than what we had two weeks ago (1,000+ Sat/Byte). But even now, close to $50 is needed as transaction fee for an average transaction and the situation is not very viable. Perhaps that is one of the reasons why the dominance of BTC has dropped to 38% from the level of 61% which we had a month before.

In Japan, you can already pay in some stores with BTC, but MONA is developing, and several cryptos can co exist it is not a problem. Also, Japan is leading technology development in the Asia Pacific area, not to say worldwide so I would not say it is focused on one country!
criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:52:42 PM

This would be an interesting news for the japan entering cryptocurrency world. People wants faster transactions unlike which is happening with bitcoin today. If Nem and Mona would become reliable although its from japan, I thinks its a better gamble to it.

Calangaman (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:16:22 PM

This would be an interesting news for the japan entering cryptocurrency world. People wants faster transactions unlike which is happening with bitcoin today. If Nem and Mona would become reliable although its from japan, I thinks its a better gamble to it.

Japan has already entered cryptos !!! Cryptos have legal tender status and stores are accepting them.

desi92

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:23:12 PM

2017 April Japan History day for Bitcoin The day long awaited Legalising Bitcoin happened after then every body know till date we have seen the bitcoin price growth obvious japan is crucial market for bitcoin in 2018 as well

Yes agree that japan is potential market in 2018 too although japan is not biggest market.
Actually i also hope china will starting legalize bitcoin since there are a big market in china but it seems like will not happen.
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:34:25 PM

We had seen a big rise in price when it comes to bitcoin and the world is aware of the new technology and the people who ignored in the past also started taking interest in the new revolution and i expect this year to be the year of the alt coin market as the entire market was silent when the price of bitcoin was rising and i am waiting for that rise and thanks for the info about the Japanese coins,will monitor it closely.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:36:33 PM

Japan has already entered cryptos !!! Cryptos have legal tender status and stores are accepting them.

Maybe he's not updated on what happened last year on Japan. They are already in bitcoin and after announcing it to the public there is a company that's about to give fraction of the salary of their employees in bitcoin which is interesting on their part. Japan is one of the biggest supporter of bitcoin after China declared that they are banning ICOs and that also affected bitcoin, they have been quiet for a while.

PS. I don't like that picture that they are accepting bitcoin cash.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Calangaman (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:22:18 PM

PS. I don't like that picture that they are accepting bitcoin cash.

Couldn't agree more with you even if it sadly shows that BTC is not suitable for small payments at this stage.
Calangaman (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:27:21 PM

Yes agree that japan is potential market in 2018 too although japan is not biggest market.

https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/btc/analysis/USD

BTC trading volume in JPY is often the strongest.
Currently only surpassed by USD but keep in mind that it includes Bitfinex a Hong Kong based platform. It means that Japan has a sole country is the biggest buyer.
juragane

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:47:33 PM

this is good info and complete, I hope with such statements could be a trigger for other countries and triggers the rise in bitcoin prices.

jems

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:18:34 PM

This is good news for Japanese citizens.
not for Southeast Asian countries, here is still very traditional.
technological advances are perceived as threats with various issues. such as bitcoin is considered a medium for terrorist attacks and drug sales. they do not see the positive side
Scorpion

Activity: 887
Merit: 516

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:33:55 PM

I'd love to see Japan step up and be innovative with blockchain technology but also first and foremost adopt Bitcoin even further than they have. They still have technology prowess all though they have an aging population I think this sort of stuff is what would revive it and inspire the youth to get going.

jonemil24

Activity: 448
Merit: 59

imagine me

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:49:42 PM

Imagine 2020, olympics in Japan, all those lucky hodlers of monacoin since it was released can now enjoy their coins. Monacoin was undervalued before, but now it's 9-10 USD per coin.

Normally, if given a choice to do something and nothing, I choose to do nothing.
But I will do something if it helps someone else to do nothing.
I'd work all night if it meant nothing got done.
- Roy Swanson
Calangaman (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:15:41 AM

I'd love to see Japan step up and be innovative with blockchain technology but also first and foremost adopt Bitcoin even further than they have. They still have technology prowess all though they have an aging population I think this sort of stuff is what would revive it and inspire the youth to get going.

Yes, I really believe that Japan will be the engine of the crypto world. If adoption is too slow, it may be a brake too !
markleal

Activity: 446
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:24:17 AM

Hi there Calangaman! Thank you for the detailed paper you have written in there. I should better watch those coins that you mentioned. But as for now, based on different sources bitcoin is still the king in terms of mining, trading and company acceptance in Japan. If the Japanese people will have all their support in NEM and MONA, this could really disturb and bring those token on top ten list. As far as I know, Ripple is also famous in Japan thru is vast wide support in terms of payment schemes that pose to go along side with the banks.  Wink
Calangaman (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:39:15 AM

Hi there Calangaman! Thank you for the detailed paper you have written in there. I should better watch those coins that you mentioned. But as for now, based on different sources bitcoin is still the king in terms of mining, trading and company acceptance in Japan. If the Japanese people will have all their support in NEM and MONA, this could really disturb and bring those token on top ten list. As far as I know, Ripple is also famous in Japan thru is vast wide support in terms of payment schemes that pose to go along side with the banks.  Wink

Thanks for your nice words.
Of course BTC is king and shall remain so. However, it is no longer suitable for small transactions at shops until Lightning is launched. So my guess is that the local alts will fill the gap in the meantime.
luffare

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:19:11 PM

Everybody tells us LN will solve BTC high fee problem. Just wait a little... How long will this «a little» take? So I hope an epoch of fast alts such as NEM is coming and they will solve this problem!  Anyway long live NEM! Wink
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:37:20 PM

Huobi already moving from China to Japan and Japan’s Bitcoin Effect as 0.3% of GDP - Japan will become one of the most Bitcoin Friendly Countries in 2018, I guess.  https://www.bitcoinmarketinsider.com/japans-gdp-grows-due-to-bitcoin-wealth-effect/
Suzrtt

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:53:45 PM

Even if the fees will be 1/2 or even 1/4 from what they are now they would still be too high for daily usage. Imagine you would have to pay 5-10 bucks every time you buy something with your credit card. I don't think Segwit and LN would decrease the fees to less than 1 USD, so even if bitcoin sustains, there is surely a room of alts to take over in areas where using BTC will simply not be worth it.
liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:25:03 PM

Currently, Japan is the cryptocurrency center of the world and Japan was always active in cryptocurrency development research and It worked out perfectly. In addition, Japan is also was heaven for "cryptocurrency fans" like my family.
Exidous

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:26:19 PM

many country is looking on Japan. I still hope Japan countinous support bitcoin and other altcoin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: