Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:01:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MasterCoin: New Protocol Layer Starting From “The Exodus Address”  (Read 448418 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
delulo

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:52:13 AM

I have a question: Does Mastercoin have a core development team or a core developer or is everything/the majority of the development done via bounties?
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:30:34 AM

I have a question: Does Mastercoin have a core development team or a core developer or is everything/the majority of the development done via bounties?

They have at least 3 full developers (some are still on transition) and 1 full time scientist now. JR has already been full time too.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:46:00 AM

No. That's the old one. URL I've posted is for the newly created SMF type forum. Everyone requested migration to SMF type and this is the result. I advise everyone to start making accounts there and populate the forum.

okay. Although there were some good discussions on the old one, will they be archived and carried overed? Imported somehow?

more or less retired.
delulo

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:01:23 PM

They have at least 3 full developers (some are still on transition) and 1 full time scientist now. JR has already been full time too.

Can you tell me who they are? I thought JR would not be working on Mastercoin anymore (at least not full time)

And by transition you mean to are still in the process of getting on the team?
jeroenn13

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:32:25 PM

Can you tell me who they are? I thought JR would not be working on Mastercoin anymore (at least not full time)

http://blog.mastercoin.org/2014/01/24/j-r-coming-full-time/

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:33:47 PM

Transition means Tachikoma and his friend are now working on MSC with 20% of their time and will be full time by April. JR promised to be full time after sold some part of his MSC.
TKeenan

Activity: 874

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:41:06 PM

Transition means Tachikoma and his friend are now working on MSC with 20% of their time and will be full time by April. JR promised to be full time after sold some part of his MSC.
Are you the new MSC hater - trying to cast bad news at every distorted angle?  Slanting every fact in its worse possible way?  wtf?  Do you somehow think this will make CounterParty stronger if you continue to post here complaints about MSC management?  CounterParty lives/dies on its ability to bring good services to people.  By posting that the MSC coding team is somehow insufficient in your estimation will not promote or better counter party.  Are you the new KillerShitStorm or maybe a sock puppet of Killer who merely wants to come to MSC to spread FUD.  Why do you guys think spreading FUD will improve your project?  Maybe you think this will cause people to sell MSC and buy counterparty?  Even if they did, that will not make CP technically stronger.  The one who develops a good technical program will win no matter if you attempt to convince the community that JR is not working full-time or not (btw - JR is full time now.)  Same with Tachi - for all intents he is nearly fully dedicated now while having some responsibility to his old job.  He and others are 'all in'.  Now go fuck yourself.  Again.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:08:42 PM

Someone still having issues with understanding how to interpret the world around him, again, or has JR turned to other methods of getting the MSC message out there?   

romanticon

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:17:21 PM

17rExRiMaJGgHPVuYjHL21mEhfzbRPRkui -->
--> 1CKPYQPiVKMBEHqWco9sNNLNeTCjGSxfrn  (MSC receiver)
--> 1EXoDusjGwvnjZUyKkxZ4UHEf77z6A5S4P (a marker for a parser to identify a Mastercoin transaction)
--> 16FcCqZk5XF4sDkcFGQ5twbt7S3E8GdsHh (encoded control data: how many MSC has been sent, type of transaction, is it MSC or TMSC, etc. It's not a "real" Bitcoin address!)
--> 17rExRiMaJGgHPVuYjHL21mEhfzbRPRkui (change received back to source)
The amount of bitcoins transfered is pretty much irrelevant, as long as it fits the Mastercoin spec.

@Nagan Thanks for the very detailed answer,
I need some more details, now I understand that
all the control data of who sent what to who
is encoded in the multisig 3rd transaction. Can
somebody give me the exact details how it's encoded ?

here is the raw transaction:
http://blockexplorer.com/rawtx/f4ff244d1595b340e5634dde6b077ee99e6657c411e1f6701a9967e5bc850a57

Thanks in advance
Roman
delulo

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:42:35 PM

Are you the new MSC hater - trying to cast bad news at every distorted angle?  Slanting every fact in its worse possible way?  wtf?  Do you somehow think this will make CounterParty stronger if you continue to post here complaints about MSC management?  CounterParty lives/dies on its ability to bring good services to people.  By posting that the MSC coding team is somehow insufficient in your estimation will not promote or better counter party.  Are you the new KillerShitStorm or maybe a sock puppet of Killer who merely wants to come to MSC to spread FUD.  Why do you guys think spreading FUD will improve your project?  Maybe you think this will cause people to sell MSC and buy counterparty?  Even if they did, that will not make CP technically stronger.  The one who develops a good technical program will win no matter if you attempt to convince the community that JR is not working full-time or not (btw - JR is full time now.)  Same with Tachi - for all intents he is nearly fully dedicated now while having some responsibility to his old job.  He and others are 'all in'.  Now go fuck yourself.  Again.

Sorry man I am just accessing different investment options. The development team is part of that. I just asked a question and didnt pretend anything. Please dont interpret more into what I write than what is obviously is. Is was a question to which I didnt know the answer, not more! Thanks for the answers by the way.

I am asking critical questions to anyone / any comunity... There is nothing wrong about that.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 02:03:18 PM

I don't think it is necessary for counterparty to fail for mastercoin to succeed, or vice versa.
Instead it would appear that each effort advances both. 
Most of the world knows nothing of bitcoin.  Most of the folks who do know bitcoin don't know or understand that it is more than just a wannabe currency.  Colored coin, mastercoin, counterparty and whatever the future might bring, all advance our common agenda.  There is way more opportunity than any one effort can address.  There is much to do and too few hands doing it.
Mastercoin is awesome, holds great promise and as a decentralized exchange (among other things) is going to change the world.  It makes little sense to spend any effort to attack those who are also working to do the same.  I'd hope to beneficially participate in each of these efforts, and make good use of them all.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
delulo

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:08:56 PM

I don't think it is necessary for counterparty to fail for mastercoin to succeed, or vice versa.
Most of the world knows nothing of bitcoin.  Most of the folks who do know bitcoin don't know or understand that it is more than just a wannabe currency.  Colored coin, mastercoin, counterparty and whatever the future might bring, all advance our common agenda.  There is way more opportunity than any one effort can address.  There is much to do and too few hands doing it.
Mastercoin is awesome, holds great promise and as a decentralized exchange (among other things) is going to change the world.  It makes little sense to spend any effort to attack those who are also working to do the same.  I'd hope to beneficially participate in each of these efforts, and make good use of them all.

Thats how I see it as well
Mk2vr6

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:27:13 PM

Most of the world knows nothing of bitcoin.  Most of the folks who do know bitcoin don't know or understand that it is more than just a wannabe currency.  Colored coin, mastercoin, counterparty and whatever the future might bring, all advance our common agenda.  There is way more opportunity than any one effort can address.  There is much to do and too few hands doing it.
Mastercoin is awesome, holds great promise and as a decentralized exchange (among other things) is going to change the world.  It makes little sense to spend any effort to attack those who are also working to do the same.  I'd hope to beneficially participate in each of these efforts, and make good use of them all.

I agree! Although price is just as volatile at the moment as bitcoin.
Lets get more people holding them  Grin
marilyngroom

Activity: 344

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:46:54 PM

Why has Mastercoin gone down so much.
jeroenn13

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:49:57 PM

Everyone is waiting on the Dist Exchange launch. People who are interested are in already. Thats the reason for the low volume and price.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
marilyngroom

Activity: 344

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:57:36 PM

Everyone is waiting on the Dist Exchange launch. People who are interested are in already. Thats the reason for the low volume and price.

Interesting. I'll try to look into this so that I can know more about it.
Armando

Activity: 870

Trading will make me rich)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:54:06 AM

Guys, please help me to understand.

I purchased some MSCs at some exchange, and withdrawn small part to an adress created in my bitcoin/qt wallet. Mastercoinchain shows that this address has a balance, the only thing is that I currently not understand, if I will be able to send that coins.

Will I have risks, if I will withdraw the rest to this address? I.e. if I have a backup wallet.dat of that bitcoin wallet, that is holding some bitcoins & mastercoins, will I allways be able to restore control? Right now, with bitcoin-qt, when you have bitcoins and mastercoins, it seems for me that I can't test am I able to send MSCs or not. Maybe the question is stupid, but I'm confused)))) If I have the wallet.dat from bitcoin-qt, and MC blockchain shows that my address has a balance, my money are safe and can be used later without issues?

Thanks!
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:58:10 AM

Guys, please help me to understand.

I purchased some MSCs at some exchange, and withdrawn small part to an adress created in my bitcoin/qt wallet. Mastercoinchain shows that this address has a balance, the only thing is that I currently not understand, if I will be able to send that coins.

Will I have risks, if I will withdraw the rest to this address? I.e. if I have a backup wallet.dat of that bitcoin wallet, that is holding some bitcoins & mastercoins, will I allways be able to restore control? Right now, with bitcoin-qt, when you have bitcoins and mastercoins, it seems for me that I can't test am I able to send MSCs or not. Maybe the question is stupid, but I'm confused)))) If I have the wallet.dat from bitcoin-qt, and MC blockchain shows that my address has a balance, my money are safe and can be used later without issues?

Thanks!
Yes, the balance is associate with this address. It's safe as long as you have the private key of this address.
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:18:38 AM

Hi mastercoin team (JR, Ron, etc)
i was just wondering why its been quite a few months and there still isn't a self explanatory cool video about mastercoin which allows the public to easily understand mastercoin. Such as the one made for bitcoin. The distributed exchange is being released in a month so i appreciate you must all be really busy. But why hasn't someone fulfilled a bounty on this yet? I think this is really Important.
marcelus

Activity: 297

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:47:29 AM

Hi mastercoin team (JR, Ron, etc)
i was just wondering why its been quite a few months and there still isn't a self explanatory cool video about mastercoin which allows the public to easily understand mastercoin. Such as the one made for bitcoin. The distributed exchange is being released in a month so i appreciate you must all be really busy. But why hasn't someone fulfilled a bounty on this yet? I think this is really Important.

I know of one such video getting made.
Pages: « 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: