Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:12:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transaction unconfirmed after 18 days. ANY help would be greatly appreciated!  (Read 288 times)
faithofgod (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:05:30 PM

I sent this using the Mycelium wallet and there are no options to fix the fees being too low. I have tried numerous transaction accelerators with nothing resolving the issue.

https://blockchain.info/tx/cf9a2424e54296369ebc14456b3e5c4dffe72e432618210e0e0e3256c709548a

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
faithofgod (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

try to accelerator your transaction using any of these accelerators : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2624419.0

Thanks. That was one of the first things I did after a number of days passed. Unfortunately, it did not result in any confirmations and now weeks later it is still with no confirmations.
Gumbienes

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:30:51 PM

im in the same situation as you cant seem to get any accelerators to actually work cant double spend and cant cpfp. let me know if you have any luck or figure anything out im at 17 days now.

im wondering if by doing the rebroadcast and accelerate process it actually kept updating the transaction in the mempool meaning it technically is active which according to that it would mean we would have to sit and not touch the transaction at all for XXX so many days before it truly timed out..... i dunno its about the only theory i have left.
Gumbienes

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:19:22 PM

So go check your tx on another explorer like blocktrail not blockchain it's been removed also check electrum with your wallet it didnt show the stuck transaction on electrum so I just deleted the transaction out of my wallet hr later it was back in my wallet. I dunno something was screwy but I have mine back now try it might be same problem.
faithofgod (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:03:35 AM

So go check your tx on another explorer like blocktrail not blockchain it's been removed also check electrum with your wallet it didnt show the stuck transaction on electrum so I just deleted the transaction out of my wallet hr later it was back in my wallet. I dunno something was screwy but I have mine back now try it might be same problem.

I am glad to hear you got it back. I will try that and see if it resolves the issue. Then I will just pay the high fees to ensure it goes through this time.
faithofgod (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:44:16 AM

Unfortunately the transaction is still unconfirmed and Mycelium still shows to be sending it. Basically the BTC us just trapped in limbo and I do not see a way to do anything with it. Has anyone resolved an issue like this?
Howardroid

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 07:15:36 AM

i just did submit yours to btcstrike.com/txaccelerator, mine was stuck and confirmed after days with btcstrike. Hope yours confirmed soon.

Br,
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16491

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 08:33:31 AM

Your transaction is 76638 bytes in size and pays 3 satoshi/byte. At the moment fees in mempool are lower than they've been in a long time, and even with those "low" fees, miners can earn 40 times more from other transactions than from your transaction. That's more than $1000 extra for miners.

You've been collecting Bitcoin dust for a long time, without consolidate them when fees were still low. Unfortunately, you now pay the price for that, but luckily, you have 2 Bitcoins in total so you'll have plenty left after fees.

Basically the BTC us just trapped in limbo and I do not see a way to do anything with it. Has anyone resolved an issue like this?
I would export the private key, import it into Bitcoin Core, enable Coin control features, select 10-20 inputs at a time, and create new transactions with a (bit) higher fee. I expect miners are much more likely to include a 2kB transaction than a 76kB transaction.
If you're in a hurry, you can do it all today and pay about 0.1-0.2BTC fee to get it confirmed. What I would do, is wait it out until fees are lower again (I know it's a gamble but I expect this to happen on some quiet Sunday), and then make the transactions.
Bitcoin Core requires you to download 150 GB if you don't have it installed yet.

As an alternative, you can do all this on coinb.in, but that's something I would only recommend for experienced users (it's tricky and can be risky).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
faithofgod (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:17:30 AM

Your transaction is 76638 bytes in size and pays 3 satoshi/byte. At the moment fees in mempool are lower than they've been in a long time, and even with those "low" fees, miners can earn 40 times more from other transactions than from your transaction. That's more than $1000 extra for miners.

You've been collecting Bitcoin dust for a long time, without consolidate them when fees were still low. Unfortunately, you now pay the price for that, but luckily, you have 2 Bitcoins in total so you'll have plenty left after fees.

Basically the BTC us just trapped in limbo and I do not see a way to do anything with it. Has anyone resolved an issue like this?
I would export the private key, import it into Bitcoin Core, enable Coin control features, select 10-20 inputs at a time, and create new transactions with a (bit) higher fee. I expect miners are much more likely to include a 2kB transaction than a 76kB transaction.
If you're in a hurry, you can do it all today and pay about 0.1-0.2BTC fee to get it confirmed. What I would do, is wait it out until fees are lower again (I know it's a gamble but I expect this to happen on some quiet Sunday), and then make the transactions.
Bitcoin Core requires you to download 150 GB if you don't have it installed yet.

As an alternative, you can do all this on coinb.in, but that's something I would only recommend for experienced users (it's tricky and can be risky).

Thanks! That worked perfectly. I am not in a rush, do you have a recommended lowest fee that would get confirmed eventually, but just not quickly?
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16491

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 06:45:40 AM
Last edit: December 28, 2017, 07:02:24 AM by LoyceV

do you have a recommended lowest fee that would get confirmed eventually, but just not quickly?
Keep an eye on https://btc.com/stats/unconfirmed-tx, but I haven't seen it say "40 satoshi/byte" in at least 2 weeks now.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████