Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:02:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transaction experiment  (Read 89 times)
Bob-Bit (OP)

Activity: 241
Merit: 6

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:56:05 PM

I just got myself a Bitpay card last week, so I had moved .01 btc over to my Bitpay wallet a few days ago. So, apparently the way it works with the card, you have to move a certain dollar amount over to the card (Transfering to usd in the process apparently, not quite as cool as the Coinbase Shift card, but having options is always good) Anyways, So I decide since it's basically cashing btc in, I'll do a minimal amount of $25 just to get the card active. I fill out the info, and then when it came to the page with the transaction fee, it was suggesting a fee of $39.80 to move $25! No way I was paying that much, and since it was from one of my wallets to another, I didn't care how long it took, so I noticed there was a choice of  "custom" for the transaction fee, so I chose that and changed the fee to the equivilent of $2.25 (Less then 10% of my transaction) and hit send. It came up with a warning that my fee was less then suggested and that it may take 24-48 hyours, and that if my transaction is not confirmed that it would be put back into my wallet after 48 hours. Ok, fine. So I hit the ok button, prepare to wait. Ding, I got the emails right away, but the transaction is still not confirmed. I waited less then 5 minutes, and the money showed up. Jeez. Glad I didn't choose a higher fee! I suggest if your sending to yourself or a family member, to use a lower fee. I wouldn't of cared if it took 2 days even, as long as my money doesn't get lost, and that was alot of money to leave on the table. Happy new year, and happy Bitcoining!

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅✈✈✈ (https://privcy.eu/)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: