Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:47:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why can’t I verify my identity in any exchange  (Read 199 times)
amat11025 (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:24:25 AM

Hello everyone
I’m new to crypto . Currently I reside in Australia but I hold Sri Lankan passport . Coinbase ,coinmama ,CEX.IO
All of they don’t verify me . I want to buy some eth . Has any one got the same issue ?

THANKS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mayo2u

Activity: 325
Merit: 26

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:19:29 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2017, 07:37:11 PM by mayo2u

Hello everyone
I’m new to crypto . Currently I reside in Australia but I hold Sri Lankan passport . Coinbase ,coinmama ,CEX.IO
All of they don’t verify me . I want to buy some eth . Has any one got the same issue ?

THANKS

I don't know KYC (know your customer) laws in Australia but here in the US I've had friends try to open up coinbase and Gemini accounts and the delays have been incredible.

Are you being rejected or are you not receiving an answer?
Norcal2020

Activity: 58

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:23:23 PM

I also had some major delays getting verified (live in US) as there are quite a few new accounts being opened and the companies are just over-whelmed. Make sure to open a support ticket and follow up with the ticket. That eventually got my issues resolved. Good luck!
legend018

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:55:24 PM

I've been trying for days to get verified with no luck.  It's so hard and unfortunately there not always good at telling you the problem so you can work on resolving it. Sometimes the error is so vague your left wondering ok what isn't correct because If I knew, I'd work on fixing it. : )
duitiontress

Activity: 32

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 07:59:25 PM

I guess if you have a passport from some country which - and I mean this with no harm intended - might raise a little flag somewhere in the risk department, and you reside in another country on top of that, then I think it will be long manual validation for your information.

I do believe it should be possible to be validated but it might take longer for you than for most other people due to you living in Australia but having a Sri Lankan passport.

Drop them a mail and ask what the status is and how long before you can expect your information to be verified.

buytheeffinD

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 09:55:36 PM

It seems like most people are having troubles these days getting verified and that probably isn't because support sucks everywhere. It probably is because there are soo many hands getting into crypto and the support staff can only go through so many in a day. Have some patience and perhaps try 5 other exchanges because there are many others who may be able to help you out in the mean time.

GMule

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:19:41 PM

I was in the middle of moving when I was trying to get validated.  Stick with it, there was quite a bit of back and forth send different documents to prove addresses.  All sorted in the end though.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 11:27:44 PM

Do they reject your documents or your approval is just pending?
If they reject your doduments, I don't know how to help you. Maybe try another exchange. I think that there should be no problem that you are from Sri Lanka and living in Australia and provided everything as required.
If your approval is pending, you need patience. Nowadays exchanges getting so many users that they don't have enough resources to verify all their provided documents fast. Almost all big exchanges have account verification delays and it can took weeks to verify your account. Users can't do much to make this proccess faster

projectshivom

Activity: 45
Merit: 1

A New Era in Genomics

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 03:30:34 AM

The fast way would be to do a phone call with the exchange company. I'd recommend doing that. if its possible. If not try indeed like suggested above to contact them through mail to expedite your KYC process.
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:39:46 AM

I had some similar problem with Coinbase. I had a Bulgarian driving license but I'm living in Norway. I wrote to the support and it took almost 3 months to fix the issue. There is an other way to register if you cannot wait so long. When I got no answer from the support the first two weeks I decided to use a Teamviewer to connect to my friend's PC in Bulgaria and make the registration there. It went smooth.
So, maybe you can use a VPN to connecto to Sri Lanka and make the registration from there, this I haven't tried since I do not trust the public VPNs.

projectshivom

Activity: 45
Merit: 1

A New Era in Genomics

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 11:06:13 AM

Maybe some of the following reasons
1. you are from country not supported
2. Your photo is not clear
3. they have too much applications
amat11025 (OP)

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 05:33:52 AM

Hello everyone

THANKS

I don't know KYC (know your customer) laws in Australia but here in the US I've had friends try to open up coinbase and Gemini accounts and the delays have been incredible.

Are you being rejected or are you not receiving an answer?

not answering Huh Huh
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 02:52:59 PM

LTU_btc , Can you tell us in more detail?
What kind of details you need?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: