Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:23:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to set up a DIY Bitcoin VPN  (Read 97 times)
bitlaunch (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:37:10 AM

Hey guys, just dropping in to share our guide on how to setup a VPN with bitcoin (or other coins that you may use, we support many Smiley)

https://bitlaunch.io/blog/how-to-set-up-a-diy-bitcoin-vpn/

We hope you find this guide useful!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:24:29 AM

You would do much better by creating a thread in which you post all the features that your VPN service provides to customers. The VPN sector is fairly competitive among technical users, which is a demographic that Bitcoin users and us forum users usually fall into. This means that in order to compete, your service is going to need to have a unique factor that appeals to us, which could be anything from price to bandwidth to features that other VPN providers do not offer. For example, with my current VPN I get remote port forwarding, which is a feature I seldom see offered. You should post all these details in a post for better exposure and to lead more people into your website. Not as many people will be willing to click on your link without at least knowing something about your service. Linking to a guide might not be the best idea.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
bitlaunch (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:53:55 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2017, 09:07:26 PM by bitlaunch

Thank you for taking the time to write that constructive feedback btcton.

Using a VPN through us means you get to have your own private install of openVPN, only accessible by yourself. No doubts as to whether or not logs are being stored.

Of course, since it's your own openVPN, you can customise to your liking.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: