Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:07:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Neutral Coins to Hold Currency  (Read 170 times)
worldtraveller321 (OP)

Activity: 505
Merit: 33

The Quest of the Best Information to the Solution

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 02:40:09 AM

what would you say would be a good coin to use for a neutral hold that doesn't gain or loose much at all?
some where that I can save my gains from something like LTC and take my gains while market goes red and put them into a certain coin that doesn't move,
suggestions thanks

worldtraveller

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:55:30 AM

fiat! it doesn't get any more obvious than that Grin
you have lots of choices: USD, CAD, EUR, CNY, JPY, GBP,.... most of them are pretty stable and you can always go back to one of them if you think there is a drop coming and save your gains and then come back. and when you are talking about coins like LTC, there are lots of fiat markets for them, mostly with USD which you can choose to use in times like this.

there is also a cryptocurrency option like fiat available called Tether or USDT but I suggest staying away from it as much as possible, it is not as trusted as it may look like. but it is convenient since it is supposed to be always worth $1.

Only Bitcoin
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:49:15 AM

Then probably you need fiat (and USD will be the best option) because I can't find any stable cryptocurrencies in the market as you are looking for.
I wonder why you need to convert your money to stable currency, BTW if you find a decline in market of alts like LTC you can choose BTC to keep your funds safe because Bitcoin is now the most reliable cryptocurrency.
CryptoScorpio

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:16:40 AM

what would you say would be a good coin to use for a neutral hold that doesn't gain or loose much at all?
some where that I can save my gains from something like LTC and take my gains while market goes red and put them into a certain coin that doesn't move,
suggestions thanks

Tether Wink . Just kidding. There are few coins in top 20 with less volatility.You can watch them. But what is the use of it?
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1213

Dont be a ShitcoInfluencer for quick bux, it sucks

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 10:26:01 AM

suggestions thanks

You should buy more bitcoin then. Honestly it is the one currency that can give you good returns with hodling. Think of buying 100 btc in 2009 and hodling it till today. You would have been a millionaire then dont you think? Well not exactly because many people have cashed out.

LTC I dont know about future - there is a lot of speculation on this but I believe LTC has no future expect being a good altcoin second to bitcoin. You might want to buy some LTC and hold it but I am not very confident about it. But I can say that ether nem ripple are good hodl coins.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Herlina

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 11:05:59 AM

suggestions thanks
No guarantee of the cryptocurrency will be stable or not losing much value when the market correction
I think FIAT is the best currency to hold assets when the crypto market correction if there is no local currency available in your exchange then the alternative is USDT

avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1497

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:25:38 AM

suggestions thanks

Crypto market is not structured that way! I have been tracking the market since last few weeks and unfortunately I was not able to find any such altcoins which is having a stable price. So the only choice for you is fiat currency. It is controlled by the government and the price of any fiat usually remains more or less stable.

However, we have few coins though which goes up in value while bitcoin goes down. One such example is Ripple. The price of ripple has gone up manifold during last few days and the market cap has increased significantly. So you may consider ripple to be added to your portfolio to safeguard your bitcoin investment.

Wonder_woman

Activity: 674

I am hired and not own by any Team!

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:35:53 AM

suggestions thanks
I also wonder how other traders keep on looking some potential coins that are stable even in the future. How did I look a coins with a potential?
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:12:18 PM

suggestions thanks

Tether Wink . Just kidding. There are few coins in top 20 with less volatility.You can watch them. But what is the use of it?

none of the coins in top 20 or elsewhere are stable for the purpose that OP wants. the only stability you may find is when one of them is getting pumped or dumped, the others may stay the same! but so does bitcoin for that matter.

the use? OP already mentioned that. when you expect a dump for example (market in red) you exchange your funds to that stable currency to save the value of your money and then go back at the bottom. basic trading stuff Tongue

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
worldtraveller321 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 01:30:40 PM

thanks guys. looking at Tether. i see yes it stays around 1usd but value of it to BTC changes though. so not really stable

i was only looking for a storage coin to secure profits

as someone said use BTC
but the transaction fees are high? if i were to go back and forth
as in take my profits and put in BTC, then take out back to another currency?
otherwise, what would be a the min amount to take out of BTC to make it worth while considering transaction fees

worldtraveller
Babebottle

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:40:39 PM

Fiat for sure, but it also devaluates every year.So many people try USDT, but i do not like that.
Andrey123

Activity: 1750
Merit: 305

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:36:41 PM

I somehow bought a few coins, which seemed to me stable.
As a result, the price has fallen below nowhere and the Bitrex exchange does not allow them to sell, because of the small amount.

And nothing can be done ... here and think.

Hello! Voluntary donations that will go towards the development of my coin.
34bwEhH3GMx6swYXt2NBfFbYGkdTcaWtXz....BTC

Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:52:08 PM

fiat! it doesn't get any more obvious than that Grin
you have lots of choices: USD, CAD, EUR, CNY, JPY, GBP,.... most of them are pretty stable and you can always go back to one of them if you think there is a drop coming and save your gains and then come back. and when you are talking about coins like LTC, there are lots of fiat markets for them, mostly with USD which you can choose to use in times like this.

there is also a cryptocurrency option like fiat available called Tether or USDT but I suggest staying away from it as much as possible, it is not as trusted as it may look like. but it is convenient since it is supposed to be always worth $1.

He really said it.  Grin Of course it is FIAT.  Grin
I dont think there is one with the slowest movement at all.

How about fiat then GOLD. That might come in handy when the next world war comes and all the fiat will be burned. Gold will be really precious at that time.
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 03:23:37 PM

suggestions thanks
You can just put your money into the ripple or ether then. They have already risen a lot now and might just stay still for longer period of time. Have you watched them the whole year in the 2017? These coins were not moving at all for the whole year and stays at 300 USD and one at 0,25 USD without moving much. What I think is, now they have earned huge market capitalism and may just stay at this point for next few months so you can be sure that there won't be much gains and looses at all.

And though you get the gains then its your own profit and no loss at all, I think that is not bad either. :-)

Also there is one coin which is not moving anywhere for next two months and thats SCL. This is really great coin with huge market capitalism and the market is however stands still for the next development update. So try this coins too. :-)

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:11:30 AM

suggestions thanks

Definitely buy more bitcoin. Now's the time to do so. Yes, bitcoin did dip, however that was mostly due to FUD and false propaganda, + the holiday season and many people cashing out. IMO the price will be up again after the new year for sure.

Gold is also a viable option and doesn't really fluctuate in value. If you don't have the confidence to go into crypto, then that's a good choice. As for other alt-coins, well, they will never be as big as BTC for sure. I'd leave them alone for the time being.

Smiley
TERA2

Activity: 266
Merit: 222

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:17:03 AM

Do you think we could get together and make our own Tether that isn't shady and tied to Bitfinex etc?

60659 📦
worldtraveller321 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 04:57:35 PM

sure sign me up

worldtraveller
Nubitcoinerr

Activity: 332
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:10:40 PM

ripple, eidoo, santiment, bitcoin cash, qtum and more
kimochidesh

Activity: 518
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 06:28:22 AM

USDT(tether) is the coin which is not much volatile as compared to other crypto-market. The reason behind that is that USDT is backed with USD which helps its price to remain stable even when whole market is red or green. many traders perform trades taking USDT as base as it helps them to calculate profits easily and make trades less confusing. So if you want to save yourself in drowning market then exchange your holding into USDT.
hitrawal91

Activity: 462

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 07:37:43 AM

There are many coins like Bitcoin, and fiat currencies like USD, GBP, EUR, CAD, CHF, where doing investment is really safe and you can generate a good and stable returns as these options are really stable for investment as they are having good and better demand, volatility, and momentum for trading purposes. Myself invested in Forex pairs and been holding at least for a quarter and earn a good income because there you can find the best liquidity for investment purposes with Big quantity.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: