Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:32:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Neutral Coins to Hold Currency  (Read 170 times)
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:44:28 PM

USDT(tether) is the coin which is not much volatile as compared to other crypto-market. The reason behind that is that USDT is backed with USD which helps its price to remain stable even when whole market is red or green. many traders perform trades taking USDT as base as it helps them to calculate profits easily and make trades less confusing. So if you want to save yourself in drowning market then exchange your holding into USDT.

There is a risk with USDT(Tether) like any other crypto (perhaps even more since it is centralized). Technically, your USDT is not redeemable for anything. In my opinion USDT is a good thing to use for short term but not to rely on for longer period of time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 08:55:36 PM

USDT is usually the cryptocurrency of choice during bleeding periods of the market but now bitcoincash appears to be the currency of choice for such periods at worse you could move your portfolios into fiat but that depends on which exchange you may be using and if there is support for fiat currencies.

worldtraveller321 (OP)

Activity: 506
Merit: 33

The Quest of the Best Information to the Solution

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 02:32:14 PM

so would you all say USDT (tether) better to use over XRP for a neutral crypto hold? as in keeping my profits and reinvest to the others when things go green again? thanks

worldtraveller
impulse709

Activity: 597
Merit: 147

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:26:46 PM

USDT is usually the cryptocurrency of choice during bleeding periods of the market but now bitcoincash appears to be the currency of choice for such periods at worse you could move your portfolios into fiat but that depends on which exchange you may be using and if there is support for fiat currencies.
Bitcoin cash is so unstable, price can change up to 1000$ per day. Our balance can change very fast and not good coins to hold in bleeding days.
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:52:43 PM

so would you all say USDT (tether) better to use over XRP for a neutral crypto hold? as in keeping my profits and reinvest to the others when things go green again? thanks

Don't reinvest when things 'go green'!
The wisest rule in investment is: when others are selling, buy. When others are buying, sell.  Wink
worldtraveller321 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 06:16:55 AM

So I was thinking of using USDT as a "neutral hold"
for keeping gains, but seems on the exchanges, USDT only supports a small amount of coins to exchange
seems I have to exchange something like Verge into BTC or LTC and put it into USDT for that to work.

Would Ripple XRP be a better option as a Neutral hold?

worldtraveller
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:52:25 AM

what would you say would be a good coin to use for a neutral hold that doesn't gain or loose much at all?
some where that I can save my gains from something like LTC and take my gains while market goes red and put them into a certain coin that doesn't move,
suggestions thanks
If you mean that you are looking for a cryptocurency to hold your money that does not change in value, than no there is  not,cryptocurrecies are unstable and hard to predict, it is one of the risks that you have to take in order to make profit from it, the best place to hold your money rather than just keeping it in its original form to not have its value dropped is gold, gold is known to be the most efficient way to store money for its price that never drops because of the constant demand, although holding your money in the form of gold is not going to make you as much as cryptocurrecies would, but it would defiently be better than keeping it in fiat.
worldtraveller321 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 07:43:46 AM

what I was getting at was a crypto that doesn't move around as much

worldtraveller
TERA2

Activity: 266
Merit: 222

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:45:21 AM

That doesn't exist because they're all pegged to bitcoin. Bitcoin is the most 'stable' thing you can hold apart from tether, if tether doesnt fail.

60659 📦
worldtraveller321 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 07:47:07 AM

so more less I am best to just exchange back and forth between coins red and green to maintain and keep profits?

worldtraveller
cydrix

Activity: 602
Merit: 129

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:54:48 AM

what would you say would be a good coin to use for a neutral hold that doesn't gain or loose much at all?
some where that I can save my gains from something like LTC and take my gains while market goes red and put them into a certain coin that doesn't move,
suggestions thanks
Maintain a Value that does not even grow and low. Coins.ph is the right app and or wallet for you. There are two varities of this wallet the PH wallet that does not increase or decrease  and The BTC WALLET that Bitcoin normally does.  It is like a trading platform but doesnt require fees only you can lock your funds on the PH wallet with nothing to lose.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1218

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 10:59:42 AM

That doesn't exist because they're all pegged to bitcoin. Bitcoin is the most 'stable' thing you can hold apart from tether, if tether doesnt fail.

And Bitcoin is pegged to USD as well. There is a conversion rate but correct me if I am wrong - without any USD there is no value of Bitcoin. Heck without fiat there is no value of any other cuurrency.

As for neutral coins to hold - what exactly do you mean by neutral coins? A coin that does not take sides I guess? I dont know why people are suggesting tether because I would not and rather hold any crypto for that matter.

Even holding bitcoin is good idea. But not USD/Tether.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
spring07

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

0x5A165891De2a2c8B82c7De19486277e0d5b644DF

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:19:05 PM

To what end if i may ask. You can as well choose from the pool of the first 20 alt coins and enjoy your rest.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:47:41 AM

Then probably you need fiat (and USD will be the best option) because I can't find any stable cryptocurrencies in the market as you are looking for.
I wonder why you need to convert your money to stable currency, BTW if you find a decline in market of alts like LTC you can choose BTC to keep your funds safe because Bitcoin is now the most reliable cryptocurrency.
Fiat is just the easy way out. Every other crypto will always fluctuate hugely, asides USDT anyway which was made to be another form of USD but in the cryptocurrency form. With that way in some of the exchanges you can just trade against USDT in form of fiats. Whereas in some other exchanges, you can even have the chance to trade against EUR, GBP and the likes.

It is better you just hold the equal version of fiat. In most exchanges like bittrex and poloniex, there is USDT which is the equivalent in dollars and with that one, you can at least be trading against fiat and what you are holding will not really be an issue with fluctuations since it is a controlled environment and the value does not really get above $1.01 at most.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:52:48 PM

suggestions thanks
No guarantee of the cryptocurrency will be stable or not losing much value when the market correction
I think FIAT is the best currency to hold assets when the crypto market correction if there is no local currency available in your exchange then the alternative is USDT
Fiat is just the best way. There is no other cryptocurrency you can trade with except USD/USDT as the case may be in most exchanges. This is the only way you can hold a currency that would not fluctuate if that is what the OP is really looking for. I have been trading mostly USDT pairs and some BTC pairs and I have noticed to be making a lot trading USDT pairs anyway but it all depends on everyone.
TorbiK

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Diagon

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:00:53 PM

I thought that the tether was just created to sit in it and keep crypto money. Risks are everywhere and always. Anyway USDT is most of all meets the needs of preservation and is not subject to volatility as other cryptocurrencies.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:05:26 PM

suggestions thanks

Tether Wink . Just kidding. There are few coins in top 20 with less volatility.You can watch them. But what is the use of it?
Why would you say you are kidding ?
You are very right and the other coins in the top 20 are as volatile as bitcoin since they are decentralized currencies as well, so you can have a chance of holding a coin that can drop in value. Tether on the other hand is an equivalent of USD on most exchanges and you are making your trades at the rate of 1 USD which does not change since it is controlled.
worldtraveller321 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 10:25:20 AM

for Tether seems you have to convert all alt coins to LTC or BTC before you can exchange into Tether, at least that how it is on Cryptopia

worldtraveller
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: