Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:52:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-12-27]Will the Segwit2x hardfork save Bitcoin?  (Read 100 times)
DowBit (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 03:43:57 PM

Plans to introduce Segwit 2x in November fell flat. A fragmented community, among other things, causes the problems. Many users dreamed up theories about revoking the BTC hardfork in order to earn money from the rise of the altcoins’ course. With the passage of time, the increase in fees and transaction time, SegWit2x returns.

Will Segwit 2x save BTC
SegWit2x will occur after miners mine block 501451 — this time it is supposed to take place. Jaap Terlouw, Project Manager, and Principal Developer reported that SegWit2x’s goal was to reduce the fees and lead times. According to Terlouwa, Bitcoin is currently useless as a means of payment. The programmer clearly confirmed that his team was going to implement the hardfork, previously planned for November.

SegWit2x will create a new cryptocurrency called B2X. If you have a BTC on the fork day, you will receive a new currency.  8 exchanges support the currency. The objectives of the project include introducing Lightning Network support, smart contracts, and increasing the level of anonymity of transactions.

more: https://dowbit.com/will-segwit2x-hardfork-save-bitcoin/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:20:08 PM

This Segwit2x is a scammy fork of a scammy fork, and nothing good will come from it. People who will buy and hold it will lose their money, people who will not claim this shitcoin properly (like importing current private keys instead of moving Bitcoins to a new wallet first) are likely to lose their coins to a malicious wallet, like it always happens with Bitcoin forks. Newbies should stay away from forks because the chances of getting burned outweigh any potential profits, because the real value of all those forks is very close to zero.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:54:50 PM

This Segwit2x is a scammy fork of a scammy fork, and nothing good will come from it. People who will buy and hold it will lose their money, people who will not claim this shitcoin properly (like importing current private keys instead of moving Bitcoins to a new wallet first) are likely to lose their coins to a malicious wallet, like it always happens with Bitcoin forks. Newbies should stay away from forks because the chances of getting burned outweigh any potential profits, because the real value of all those forks is very close to zero.

Let's not be paranoid. I have used one of my addresses in electron cash before moving the money out during the BCH fork and haven't lost anything. The wallet appeared to be fine and is still fine, I believe. I agree that claiming forked coins is becoming more and more risky though, but you can always let other users test the waters.
I've seen a lot of people who support 2x simply because there's not many solutions at the moment. I'm still waiting for lightning to come up, but it's going to take months and i'm not a supporter of abandoning BTC for BCH.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:38:53 AM

Let's not be paranoid. I have used one of my addresses in electron cash before moving the money out during the BCH fork and haven't lost anything. The wallet appeared to be fine and is still fine, I believe. I agree that claiming forked coins is becoming more and more risky though, but you can always let other users test the waters.
I've seen a lot of people who support 2x simply because there's not many solutions at the moment. I'm still waiting for lightning to come up, but it's going to take months and i'm not a supporter of abandoning BTC for BCH.

There's no such thing as "paranoid" in Bitcoin, it is always better to be safe than sorry. A lot of people are losing huge amounts of money because of malware, and with the forks it's even more risky because not much people know what is the reference client for those chains. So, rule number one of dealing with forks is to always move your BTC to a new wallet before importing your private keys. This will protect your BTC, but you still have to be very careful, because malicious clients might steal all your forked coins like Bcash, Bgold and so on, which can also be quite frustrating. And when you have so many forks, some of them might be just malware from the start, or their github repositories might get hacked like it happened with Bgold.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██