Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:42:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AMD RX 570 - do different variants matter?  (Read 111 times)
lelam (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:22:50 AM

Hi all,

Newbie here, have been spending a long time reading up on the various threads and finally decided on my set up. After much deliberation, i've decided to go with the rx 570 as i'll be looking to join the OCUK pool.

I'm looking at either the sapphire pulse itx or the gigabyte (GV-RX570GAMING-4GD), the latter seems to have faster memory speed and 2 fans instead of 1 like the sapphire. The price is fairly similar so would the gigabyte be the better option or will this not really make any difference?

Rest of the rig will be:

Gigabyte GA-Z270P-D3
Intel Celeron G3930
Silicon Power 120GB SSD
Cougar GX V3 1050W 80 Plus Gold PSU
Crucial 4GB DDR4 RAM

Thanks
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
0xcosmos

Activity: 585
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:01:04 AM

most of the people hate to go with gigabyte gpus because of their reliability
i will still suggest to go with sapphire
i heard many people had great success with sapphire itx
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:49:10 AM

I always look for the GPU cards that has a better cooling solutions, its a plus to me, since mining requires intense GPU load and Hot temperatures be expected, however brands may not be basis as hashrates doesn't have a huge difference with them except on their memory types, A samsung and Hynix mems are on top when modded.
bigjee

Activity: 434
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:17:28 AM

most of the people hate to go with gigabyte gpus because of their reliability
i will still suggest to go with sapphire
i heard many people had great success with sapphire itx

Sapphire 570 itx owner here. have three of these in my rig. purchase date jun 2017. last week fan of 1 of them started making loud whirring sound. two days later found fan completely seized and gpu throttling massively. so yeah 2 fans better than 1 if you can help it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: