Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:51:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How I am surviving the drop.  (Read 200 times)
IlikeEzmoney (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:25:49 PM

Hello everyone,

I will start by saying I have only been messing with stock exchange sites for the last 3 months and I lost a few hundred before taking slow investments while learning. Now I am in the profit, before the bitcoin drop. Cheesy

So, I calculated my equity and margin requirement, I can drop to 7.5k before I am toast. In order to still make some money while it drops and actually INCREASE my drop threshold what I am doing is the following:

I have 2 buy orders on bitcoin I made at 12.8k, now every time it makes a sharp rise again I am making a sell order then when it reaches near the lowest point of the last few hours I sell. This way I am making small profit and if the coin drops like insanely, I only lose half the money and I can sell then as it rebounds shortly after going down *it always raises a bit after dropping, vice versa* you can if you wish sell the 2nd buy order off and make a profit bit of profit.

An example, you buy at 10k but you are afraid it will still drop hard, you make a sell order at the same time and when it drops hard you sell then wait for the small rise after the drop to profit from the buy order, this gives you "shock resistance" while still profiting relatively safely.

Lost my train of thought but yea, if you guys are kinda unsure what to do during a drop and you dont want your margin to screw you over, you can use this method. Even do 2 sell orders to cover your 2 buy orders and you dont profit or lose! You just sit there safely while you wait for it to take the direction you want and the only loss is the entry fee of 150? "points".

This obviously isnt better than simply buying/selling at the right times but it gets you out of a bad situation / mistake.

Let me know what you guys think, tell me if im an idiot. Cheesy

Regards,

IlikeEzmoney Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitfools

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:29:35 PM

here's the deal, you wait until it hits $7k thats the last price support before $1k,

Far smarter to get out now if you can, but I doubt you can

It's going down and hard and if your a real believer in unicorns and fairys you can buy it back by the mega-ton for $100/btc later next year
IlikeEzmoney (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:33:22 PM

Yes but with my method of a simultaneous buy/sell, if it truly drops and I'm at my last "available funds" I can just make 2 sell orders and survive the drop to 1k. Then close the sell orders and let the buy orders slowly pay themselves off as it rises.

So if it goes to 1k, I make like 5k dollars for example but I owe 5k, if it rises a bit then I can profit.

It puts me in a position where they can not close my buy order.
MCXI

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:43:07 PM

Hello everyone,

I will start by saying I have only been messing with stock exchange sites for the last 3 months and I lost a few hundred before taking slow investments while learning. Now I am in the profit, before the bitcoin drop. Cheesy

So, I calculated my equity and margin requirement, I can drop to 7.5k before I am toast. In order to still make some money while it drops and actually INCREASE my drop threshold what I am doing is the following:

I have 2 buy orders on bitcoin I made at 12.8k, now every time it makes a sharp rise again I am making a sell order then when it reaches near the lowest point of the last few hours I sell. This way I am making small profit and if the coin drops like insanely, I only lose half the money and I can sell then as it rebounds shortly after going down *it always raises a bit after dropping, vice versa* you can if you wish sell the 2nd buy order off and make a profit bit of profit.

An example, you buy at 10k but you are afraid it will still drop hard, you make a sell order at the same time and when it drops hard you sell then wait for the small rise after the drop to profit from the buy order, this gives you "shock resistance" while still profiting relatively safely.

Lost my train of thought but yea, if you guys are kinda unsure what to do during a drop and you dont want your margin to screw you over, you can use this method. Even do 2 sell orders to cover your 2 buy orders and you dont profit or lose! You just sit there safely while you wait for it to take the direction you want and the only loss is the entry fee of 150? "points".

This obviously isnt better than simply buying/selling at the right times but it gets you out of a bad situation / mistake.

Regards,

IlikeEzmoney Cheesy

This is the price you pay when you trade. Iam a 'hodler' and now that its 'crashing' I think ill buy more  Huh Roll Eyes Grin
IlikeEzmoney (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:50:04 PM

Hello everyone,

Regards,

IlikeEzmoney Cheesy

This is the price you pay when you trade. Iam a 'hodler' and now that its 'crashing' I think ill buy more  Huh Roll Eyes Grin

Cheesy but I'm buying sell orders! which means I profit if it drops. x)
Glutius

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:52:51 PM

An interesting method, but how long have you been using it, on what other altkoins besides bitcoin used? I would like to see the statistics. Who knows, maybe you will open a new strategy in trading. Wink

MCXI

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:54:00 PM

here's the deal, you wait until it hits $7k thats the last price support before $1k,

Far smarter to get out now if you can, but I doubt you can

It's going down and hard and if your a real believer in unicorns and fairys you can buy it back by the mega-ton for $100/btc later next year

Everybody that has understanding or opinion I find so irrelevant and hilarious.
      BITCOIN IS SOCI-ECONOMICAL

Understand that philosophy and you'll understand Bitcoins transient value.
Mathematically, it will only and perpetually increase in value over the course of time.

In the end, stupid people won't understand and still say stupid things based on their stupid understanding.
WilliRei

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:00:05 PM

Чтo пepeживaть, вceгдa ecть взлeты и пaдeния, дpyгoe дeлo ктo кaк этo иcпoльзyeт.
DexterRock

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:00:32 PM

Hello everyone,

Regards,

IlikeEzmoney Cheesy

Trading bitcoin on a margin is a risky business. Do you get an automatic margin call when your account reaches a certain threshold? +/- 2500 USD move in bitcoin price can happen pretty fast. Opening an order in opposite direction is ok to hedge but it depends how it is set up. Are you sure it can be filled? What if the price drops a lot more,  beyond your open hedging orders?
teejaymuna

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 02:07:18 PM

I am surviving the drop by buyin more. It's that simple as I believe the BTC price will be back up in no time.
RSM0103

Activity: 269
Merit: 12

we're Radio, online!

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:08:48 PM

How to survive this situation is just sit down and forget about everthing and just hold, if you have enough courage and money this is the time to buy more and add up your coins and wait until it result on profit.

CyberFM   we're Radio, online!   Whitepaper
RADIO   ANN Thread   Twitter   Telegram
pxo.011

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:11:18 PM

Hello everyone,

Regards,

IlikeEzmoney Cheesy

sell your btc now and wait until bitcoin go down then buy and wait until go up. holding and trading is the best
IlikeEzmoney (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:18:48 PM

Hello everyone,

Regards,

IlikeEzmoney Cheesy

Trading bitcoin on a margin is a risky business. Do you get an automatic margin call when your account reaches a certain threshold? +/- 2500 USD move in bitcoin price can happen pretty fast. Opening an order in opposite direction is ok to hedge but it depends how it is set up. Are you sure it can be filled? What if the price drops a lot more,  beyond your open hedging orders?

I get a message if it drops, but I am watching it constantly all day. Cheesy

If I drop below the margin I have a bit of time to add funds before it closes, I plan to put sell orders in before I let this happen though. The only real 2 risks I see is, I hold the buy/sell so long that premium lowers my equity below margin *unlikely its 50 cents a day per buy order* or yea if I fail to put a sell order before the price lowers my available funds below the price of 2 sell orders.

I think I am kind of safe though, I can survive until 6.8k and then I can add funds if I really have to but I would rather not. I do not think it will go to 7k in a instant, my prediction is it will go to like 12k or 13k, I bought at 12.8, I would probably get greedy and hold at 12 but If I see it at 13k or 14k I'm probably gonna sit this one out till I see some good trends.

My mistake was putting 2 orders instead of 1, if i put 1 I could survive a drop all the way to 0 without adding sell orders and then I wouldnt lose anything implying itll raise eventually. Cheesy
rememberme15

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:20:21 PM

Hello everyone,

Regards,

IlikeEzmoney Cheesy

Seems interesting for me being new about bitcoin and now I've this post on how to survive with your method which I think can apply to other market, I'll note this hoping it will help me be a better investor in cryptocurrencies Cheesy
IlikeEzmoney (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:25:38 PM

Hell yea mate! Wink
Carmen01

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:31:17 PM

There's nothing to worry about and nobody are idiot of course your not perfect this drop down is like only in china ban some crypto in their country now korea start that ban like they ban digital money to do transact in bank another thing don't lose here in crypto you only need to buy in low then sell in high if you going to invest try xrb,xrp,eth and btc for sure profit actually i earn 7x now in this four coins since i start this july only so i recommend it in investing,Moreover you can still earn here and back all of your lose the chance is so big don't over think.

IlikeEzmoney (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:32:39 PM

There's nothing to worry about and nobody are idiot of course your not perfect this drop down is like only in china ban some crypto in their country now korea start that ban like they ban digital money to do transact in bank another thing don't lose here in crypto you only need to buy in low then sell in high if you going to invest try xrb,xrp,eth and btc for sure profit actually i earn 7x now in this four coins since i start this july only so i recommend it.

Thank you for your helpful information and words of motivation.
jamiebear

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:36:45 PM

Right now the market is bleeding so hard that it's difficult to see where the bottom is but i am surviving the drop by just holding and accumulating more and understand that we can make a whole lot of money on the way up again. Have patience and it will reward you.Cheesy
nskendrovic

Activity: 285
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:25:56 PM

This is a intersting way of hedging your investment.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: