Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:10:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Long term trading strategy: Altcoins/BTC  (Read 220 times)
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:08:57 AM

To answer it, some altcoins are deeply affected with bitcoins dropping or pumping but it is regardless it depends on your stratedgy so if you are a holder you just buy and leave it for a time months or years.
yes thats right some of the alt are affected of bitcoin volatility so you need to choose what altcoin is good to hold in long term nowadays. For me i choose to hold eth cause i have doubts this will give me profit in a long term . Just imagine my 15$ become 30$ in just a month,  so i will keep holding this until the value reach my target.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cryptolive

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:01:00 AM

When BTC drops 50% all other altcoins also losing their value in USD for 50%. If i am mistaken please correct me. I think all altcoins should keep their stable value in USD no matter if BTC goes up or down. This is very strange to me.
it is not exactly same percentage sometimes it is bigger sometimes it is smaller and rarely it is even reverse. but you are correct they get dumped whenever bitcoin price goes down.
and I say the main reason is because they are called "altcoins". they are alternative to bitcoin, which makes them not be stand alone projects.

and the other main reason is that these altcoins are purely for speculation purposes there are no other usages for them that makes the market move as one.

I just want to ask you guys what is your exit strategy from altcoins when BTC corrects in the future for example 50-75%.
if that big a correction ever happened in bitcoin then just go back to fiat!

So what is your exit strategy from altcoins if BTC for some reson goes to 0 and everything is paired with BTC?
first I would ask myself why did bitcoin go to zero!
almost all the altcoins are forked from bitcoin one way or another. and the rest have at least something in common with bitcoin. the same reason that may cause a fall to 0 in bitcoin will cause the drop to 0 in all the altcoins too!

I now there is pairs with USDT also on Bittrex. Is this another option to exit from altcoins if BTC goes really down?

I never used USDT before  Roll Eyes
it is a centralized altcoin distributed and controlled by the same company that created bitfinex. it is not wise to use it but sometimes using it temporarily may be useful.
it is shady as hell and if anything happened to bitfinex or the company it will drop to 0 in less than 5 minutes.

Yes tether is centralized but if you play with a strategy , then tether is a very useful coins. For example if  BTC went to 20000$ and you sold out and have tether. And later btc went to 10000$ then you will be having 20000$ tether as tether is almost stable for its price and you can buy 2 BTC's then.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▽  TRADE.IO  ▽     ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: