Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:10:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Remotly restart mining whenever GPUs crashing  (Read 416 times)
happywilli (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:44:56 PM

Hello Guys,

Im wondering if it is possible to restart my mining rig remotly when gpus crashes.
I've some issues going on with my mining rig, the GPU's crashes after 1 week.

I'm currently using 4x 580 8gb x gaming GPUS with EVGA GQ 1000Watt 80 PLUS Gold and i'm mining both eth + dcr
using these settings.

tt -30 -cclock 1120 -mclock 2100 -cvddc 920 -mvddc 875 -dcri 30
i've latest updates etc..

whenever my mining crash i get error message Application EthDcrMiner64. has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware. Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.
and the fans goes very fast/high and i cannot access the computer from teamviewer, so what I need to do is to manually restart it.

Is there a way I can autorestart my mining rig whenever it happens and im not at home?

Thanks!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
IGROK2005

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:51:00 PM

There are such KVM (keyboard video mouse) devices that can do that. But they are expensive.
Alternatively there are Mobos with BMC (Baseboard Management Controller) from Supermicro for example.

They all communicate via IPMI

Google all of these keywords - and you'll find what's best in your case
ibinsad

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:27:08 PM

I suggest you could try a USB WatchDog for Mining Unattended Operation Crash Auto Recover Reboot.

There are different kind of models, i prefer the most advanced it can power off then on the rig when it freeze, software too is important.
vacarosie200

Activity: 45

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:02:01 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRF_U9njGs8

symple sms to the unit to be restarted
cryptorious

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:39:24 PM

If it's just the miner thats crashing (and you're running windows) make a mine.bat file like this

:start
ethminer.exe -whatever -parameters
goto start

Run mine.bat from cmd

Or in Linux make mine.sh file

while true; do
    whatevercommandtostartminer
done

then from shell, chmod 755 mine.sh
and then from shell execute ./mine.sh

vacarosie200

Activity: 45

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:55:13 PM

If it's just the miner thats crashing (and you're running windows) make a mine.bat file like this

:start
ethminer.exe -whatever -parameters
goto start

Run mine.bat from cmd

Or in Linux make mine.sh file

while true; do
    whatevercommandtostartminer
done

then from shell, chmod 755 mine.sh
and then from shell execute ./mine.sh

this is not work all the time ... you could get force restart button in win ... so the rig will wait for you to press the button Cheesy Cheesy
i get this with -f switch
iSkyCastle

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:49:27 AM

There are such KVM (keyboard video mouse) devices that can do that. But they are expensive.
Alternatively there are Mobos with BMC (Baseboard Management Controller) from Supermicro for example.

They all communicate via IPMI

Google all of these keywords - and you'll find what's best in your case

Thank you for your advice.
This should work regardless of what I am mining right? Ranging from BTC to XMR.

bucketofsocks

Activity: 83
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:10:09 AM

I use wifi smart plugs and just set the bios to power on on power loss. If the pool notifies me the miner is down I try teamviewer, if I can't get it I shut the outlet off for a minute and back on, works pretty good and for less than $20
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:41:19 AM

Take a glance on Simple Rig Resetter, its not free but seems its reliable, this is what I want on the coming year however its out of stock right now, it can manage upto 8rigs with expansion boards optional. its like doing a Hard reset when all Hangs up. Grin

https://shop.simplemining.net/ssrv2.html?___SID=U

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1695298.420
ibinsad

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:16:00 AM

I use wifi smart plugs and just set the bios to power on on power loss. If the pool notifies me the miner is down I try teamviewer, if I can't get it I shut the outlet off for a minute and back on, works pretty good and for less than $20

I have the same system you told but, what if you are sleeping and rig freeze?

You cannot do anything and lose money, is that why a watchdog will be better, it will restart automatically.
zoufou

Activity: 114

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:13:27 PM

I've made scripts to reboot the rig, but most of the times the OS were freezing and does not respond to a reboot order.

So finally fixed my issue here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2663409.msg27162143#msg27162143
happywilli (OP)

Activity: 29

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:57:27 PM

yes, I just ordered one myself, im going to try it out!
Can i remote control it externally?

dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:59:20 PM

That's what I use as well. Every rig is plugged to a smart plug (TP-Link HS100 or 110 if you want power monitoring). The app on your phone allows you to cut and restore the power from wherever you are as long as you have internet connection. Invaluable piece of kit imo.
BennyT

Activity: 259
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:16:35 PM

I use the plugs as well as a last resort such as the system isn't responding to my remote login via TeamViewer.

It would be nice if I could get a notice when my hash rate drops. 8 cards hash at 180 mh/s.. when one card goes and it drops to under 160 mh/s, then I know I need a restart. Can't figure it out though.
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:22:45 PM

I use the plugs as well as a last resort such as the system isn't responding to my remote login via TeamViewer.

It would be nice if I could get a notice when my hash rate drops. 8 cards hash at 180 mh/s.. when one card goes and it drops to under 160 mh/s, then I know I need a restart. Can't figure it out though.

Look at the vega mining guide online. People have written little scripts that do just that. You might be able to use them / adjust them to your miner and GPUs. Just an idea.
BennyT

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:59:12 PM

Look at the vega mining guide online. People have written little scripts that do just that. You might be able to use them / adjust them to your miner and GPUs. Just an idea.

Thanks! I just look a look at it... http://vega.miningguides.com/#Script

Not sure it seems easy enough to implement.
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:32:51 PM

Awesome Miner can be used to monitor and control your rigs.  It has rules where it will restart mining software if it crashes, or monitor hashrate, and if it falls below a threshold, the rule will run an action.  The action can be anything like restart the mining software, reboot the rig, and a whole lot more.
BennyT

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:16:17 AM

Awesome Miner can be used to monitor and control your rigs.  It has rules where it will restart mining software if it crashes, or monitor hashrate, and if it falls below a threshold, the rule will run an action.  The action can be anything like restart the mining software, reboot the rig, and a whole lot more.

Looks great! Going to try the free version and see if it’s worth paying for more licenses
martyroz

Activity: 325
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:24:49 AM

I use these to reset frozen rigs;

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Panasonic-KX-HNA101AZW-Home-Smart-Plug/192380962533?epid=3011381083&hash=item2ccacc86e5:g:yEcAAOSwpkFY5bo8
ibinsad

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:35:22 AM

Do you know if there is a system check wattage if lower than 500W i check the rig and if need restart it?
Rasanders22

Activity: 67
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:09:49 AM

Hello Guys,

Im wondering if it is possible to restart my mining rig remotly when gpus crashes.
I've some issues going on with my mining rig, the GPU's crashes after 1 week.

I'm currently using 4x 580 8gb x gaming GPUS with EVGA GQ 1000Watt 80 PLUS Gold and i'm mining both eth + dcr
using these settings.

tt -30 -cclock 1120 -mclock 2100 -cvddc 920 -mvddc 875 -dcri 30
i've latest updates etc..

whenever my mining crash i get error message Application EthDcrMiner64. has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware. Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.
and the fans goes very fast/high and i cannot access the computer from teamviewer, so what I need to do is to manually restart it.

Is there a way I can autorestart my mining rig whenever it happens and im not at home?

Thanks!

At my work we use these little boards that can short the psu wire that turns the PSU on/Off. But you could easily work something up with a relay control board. I've thought about using a python program that could control the relay and is controlled by another system,  maybe a rasp berry pi. It would ping the miner, say every 5 minutes and if it was hung it would cycle power to the PSU and start the system. But I just havnt gotten around to building it.
jackjackfly

Activity: 322

To buy or not to buy - that is the question ;)

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:07:15 AM

Try to Google about USB WatchDog for Mining Unattended Operation Crash Auto Recover Reboot, that should help you. I'm not 100% sure, but it should help. Good luck to you

Wanna tame crypto? Join our Cryptotamers community https://t.me/cryptotamers =)
tg88
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1407

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:36:21 AM

Try to Google about USB WatchDog for Mining Unattended Operation Crash Auto Recover Reboot, that should help you. I'm not 100% sure, but it should help. Good luck to you

Have you tried these usb watchdogs? really works? I found this interesting video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW3QLxakL2U&t=282s
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: