Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:58:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ASINITY AX- 888 ASIC MINER 15TH/s 900W  (Read 714 times)
doflamingo13 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:24:31 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2017, 06:51:23 PM by doflamingo13

Hello there to everyone

I am new to this forum and this is my first message Grin

I want to ask if anyone knows about this miner:

https://www.asinity.com/product-page/asinity-ax-888-asic-miner

Its specifications are quite impressive, but something seems really wrong since i can not find anything about it on the internet. They claim on their live chat that they are new to retail though...

Do you believe that this is a scam? Too good to be true?

Any answer would be really helpfull!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fbo62

Activity: 52

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:02:32 PM

the definition of Asininity  is , foolish, unintelligent, or silly; stupid.

When I questioned them about no visible TOS when I asked there live chat they said  "We do have a TOS confirmed reservations, no payments are processed until a reservation is guaranteed. You can only pre order which reserves you a space in our queue."

1+ well there live support allegedly passed my math question 5x5  the live support isn't a bot it seems to me so this MAY be legit.

payment: they use bitcoin as there only payment most legit companies use PayPal so...a bit sketchy here.

1+ they have a SSD on there site most scam sites (mostly ALL) don't have a SSD so this may be legit.

I did some fake info to get to payment and it said "Due to how saturated sales are right now we are not able to offer instant purchases for our customers." what is a bit sketchy

What I been digging around in I would wait till they have a review from a trusted source to see if legit. Hold it off for a while.
doflamingo13 (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:11:42 PM

Thanks for the reply. Something is just not right... They say that they operate the last month but noone said anything about this product (which would be a game changer)
Shazam!!!

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 09:53:19 PM

No offense here, but a Brand New member creating a thread about a Brand New, never before seen machine,
seems a little more than Phishy. When you look at the site, the machine is clearly a rendered copy of an Avalon.
When you read some of the specs, it clearly states there are 2 fans, but there isn't.  And now that I've pointed
this out, I wouldn't be suprised if the site suddenly states: This picture is a Rendered Example.

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
doflamingo13 (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:22:28 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2017, 10:36:20 PM by doflamingo13

Thank you for the reply and no offence taken at all since i am the one that is most suspicious here  Grin. I joined here and created this thread to actually solve the mystery of this uknown miner.
As you said this looks like beyond fishy. I found out about this miner when i saw this add:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/desktop-workstation-pcs/asinity-ax-888-miner-with-psu-15ths-used-/1280971685

Then i searched and found their website.
On their livechat when they tried to pursuade me about their product, they said "wait" until they sent me a picture of it. Guess what did they send me.... It was the picture of this addvertisment. And when i pointed this out to them they just said "oh i just did a google search" and then they send me some random photos of unboxed miners which of course could not lead to any deduction.

The last and most important thing pointing out that this is a scam:
On their livechat they informed me that this is a new company that was selling parts before and now entered retailing and they now operate for 1 month. HOWEVER if you look closely to this add, this guy states that he was using the miner for 2???!!!!

Anyway i would really love to get more responces on that to see whether i am wrong or not but i really think that this is a well designed scam that might trick some people into losing money...
CryptoHodler30

Activity: 112
Merit: 6

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:30:30 PM

the picture looks identical to an Avalon 741... i think this is surely a scam especially with the name lol...

also the phone number on their site comes back as a number for the infamous "IRS Scam"
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1704

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 11:48:43 PM

This is quite obvious scam.

bit_wizard

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:36:56 AM

I bought 5000pcs just in case its not a scam.
Now to take pre-orders on my pre-order with a 200% 300% markup for my troubles.

Yaaaa......NO!
w1cked

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:24:27 PM

Hi All

Im new to this forum.
Been looking to get into the bitcoin mining, lastnight I got followed by Asinity via Instagram so I decided to check them out  but there is nothing out there about them. I did a lot of googling and came across an ad on Gumtree, from a guy selling 2 of them in the UK. I decided to contact him via whattsapp.

Last night when I was talking to the guy via Whattsapp he said that I can come and view/collect the miners from him, surely if it was a scam they wouldn't allow you to come to their house to collect?
Also while chatting to him last night he mentioned something suspicious, someone had contacted him via LiveChat and asked if he was legit and then asked him whats 5x5...., I can only assume that this was @Fbo62.
My next question would be then, why if someone is contacting the LiveSupport of Asinity did it come through to this guy who placed the ad?
His reason for selling them was that he got caught rigging his electricity and got a 10k pound fine, so he was selling his 2 Asinity miners and 3 Antminers.

I so badly want to believe that this is a valid miner, but cant afford to waste that amount of money.

Regards
Francois

HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 12:29:08 PM

Hi All

Im new to this forum.
Been looking to get into the bitcoin mining, lastnight I got followed by Asinity via Instagram so I decided to check them out  but there is nothing out there about them. I did a lot of googling and came across an ad on Gumtree, from a guy selling 2 of them in the UK. I decided to contact him via whattsapp.

Last night when I was talking to the guy via Whattsapp he said that I can come and view/collect the miners from him, surely if it was a scam they wouldn't allow you to come to their house to collect?
Also while chatting to him last night he mentioned something suspicious, someone had contacted him via LiveChat and asked if he was legit and then asked him whats 5x5...., I can only assume that this was @Fbo62.
My next question would be then, why if someone is contacting the LiveSupport of Asinity did it come through to this guy who placed the ad?
His reason for selling them was that he got caught rigging his electricity and got a 10k pound fine, so he was selling his 2 Asinity miners and 3 Antminers.

I so badly want to believe that this is a valid miner, but cant afford to waste that amount of money.

Regards
Francois

This is a scam, don't go for it.

You have this pain called fear of missing out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_of_missing_out

w1cked

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:58:37 PM

Indeed I do.

I have R80k that I want to invest into some miners, my parents own a farm with 3 phase power and it has a flat on it that I can use as a "data center" for the miners.
Dam issue is that when ever I try to buy the miners their price has gone up. Im looking at getting some whattsminers if their price hasn't gone up drastically. Then build it up to about 20-30 miners.
HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 01:06:03 PM

Indeed I do.

I have R80k that I want to invest into some miners, my parents own a farm with 3 phase power and it has a flat on it that I can use as a "data center" for the miners.
Dam issue is that when ever I try to buy the miners their price has gone up. Im looking at getting some whattsminers if their price hasn't gone up drastically. Then build it up to about 20-30 miners.
WhatsMiner hardware is legit.

Only official shop to buy those is through Pangolinminer company www.pangolinminer.com

They should have sales open again in about 20 hours.

You can see the M3 review link in my signature.

w1cked

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:13:54 PM

Oh trust me I am waiting for those miners. Just hope they haven't increased their price like all the other sites, i will be very bleak to say the least.
Only thing I don't like is the power consumption.
doflamingo13 (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:11:24 PM

Hi All

Im new to this forum.
Been looking to get into the bitcoin mining, lastnight I got followed by Asinity via Instagram so I decided to check them out  but there is nothing out there about them. I did a lot of googling and came across an ad on Gumtree, from a guy selling 2 of them in the UK. I decided to contact him via whattsapp.

Regards
Francois

Its not JUST A SCAM. Its a scam you as a person are involved in. Coming here to provide info that will somehow lighten the situation. Also you with your friends did the same on trustpilot.com which you wrote things such as "miner came without psu, live chat is not responding", trying to degrade somehow the thing in order for everyone to believe it. You came now in this forum thinking that everyone is an idiot.

Listen, i created this thread to reveal scamers like you and at least try to save some people from losing their money.

ASINITY AX - 888 IS AN OBVIOUS SCAM
w1cked

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 08:36:55 AM

@doflamingo13

Please explain how me giving my experience when looking into the this miner constitutes me to be a scammer?
I came across the make via Instagram because they started following me, so i went to their website, I then googled and could only find 1 thing regarding this new miner and that was the Gumtree ad. I proceeded to contact the seller...

P.S I managed to order my whatsminer's this morning, so freaking chuffed.
doflamingo13 (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:32:21 PM

Hi All

Im new to this forum.

Regards
Francois

This is a scam, don't go for it.

You have this pain called fear of missing out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_of_missing_out

After doing some research I found a Chinese company that manufacturers miners and sells them to Avalon, Asinity which they rebrand and sell for like x3 the price, I tried contacting TSMC the manufacturer and they confirmed it but won't sell directly to individuals even if you're buying bulk, I'm still not going to pay them that much until I start seeing legit reviews and again you can just buy avalons miners which are more trusted which are weaker but cheaper also

Here comes another new account to provide some info that will somehow lighten the situation. How come you or the account that responded before, only talked in that thread in order to support the ASINITY SCAM?
Jesus, your scam is now ruined and you can't do anything about it. Too bad you spent a lot of time designing that...
CryptoHodler30

Activity: 112
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 08:48:30 PM

These scammers really think we are stupid. I mean you almost deserve to get scammed if you fall for this non-sense.
castiel0504

Activity: 266
Merit: 109

Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 09:35:37 PM

Funny how you can see, newbie comes, mentiones some "New ultra mega giga super cool flying oposum(awesome) miner"... And after that XX newbies(< 10 posts) come and confirm "we will order" "i ordered XXXX units" yadda yadda yadda... Your IQ should be < 50 if you fall for this...
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:11:05 PM

Funny how you can see, newbie comes, mentiones some "New ultra mega giga super cool flying oposum(awesome) miner"... And after that XX newbies(< 10 posts) come and confirm "we will order" "i ordered XXXX units" yadda yadda yadda... Your IQ should be < 50 if you fall for this...
You are wrong, a person with an IQ of 50 can't read, definitely can't use a computer. They are more likely targeting IQs between 70 and 80, that's 6% of the world population, about 450 million people. Plenty of idiots to profit from.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:50:56 AM

After doing some research I found a Chinese company that manufacturers miners and sells them to Avalon, Asinity which they rebrand and sell for like x3 the price, I tried contacting TSMC the manufacturer and they confirmed it but won't sell directly to individuals even if you're buying bulk, I'm still not going to pay them that much until I start seeing legit reviews and again you can just buy avalons miners which are more trusted which are weaker but cheaper also

Avalon is a brand, not a company.
 TSMC does not manufacture miners, they only manufacture chips.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: