Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:54:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Keep all crypto in trading platforms or wallets?  (Read 1704 times)
kolega

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:06:31 PM

In large exchanges it is possible to keep part of his cryptocurrencies for trading, but most of the best stored in cold wallets for long term storage. But still no 100% no-risk ways to store cryptocurrency. You can only choose the least risky ways. Exchanges can be attacked by hackers, closed, etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:19:37 PM

In large exchanges it is possible to keep part of his cryptocurrencies for trading, but most of the best stored in cold wallets for long term storage. But still no 100% no-risk ways to store cryptocurrency. You can only choose the least risky ways. Exchanges can be attacked by hackers, closed, etc.

For safety reasons you cannot calculate like large exchange or small scale. In the hackers point of view, many of them lost the bitcoins in the trading site alone when comparing with the online wallet. Even that online wallet also been hacked individually not a complete wallet as of now.
So I suggest to keep your fund on wallet for safety concerns, if you keep on exchanging the coins to different one you can better have on the trading sites. There are some scam sites also there so be careful in that.
Cryptosenf

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:23:30 PM

Right now i've got most coins on exchanges. Reason is i didnt invest very much so far and withdrawing fees are just too high.
letecia012

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:35:12 PM

What would be a better move ? to keep most of my crypto in Exchanges as seems better option. as with the constant flows - green to reds etc.
in order to make gains or min loss, it seems best to trade a red one to green
eg as today i had lots of reds, but to min loss, i took some of my ETH and verge and traded into XRP which mooned and now my gains are way up
as i keep this crypto thing a constant watch.

What do you all suggest?

i use a Coinomi wallet that is connected to Changelly and SHapeshift
so i do exchanges there.

What do you all recommend?

i am thinking just a wallet for holding a currency for long term and no intention to trade out? just add to? thoughts
i guess we are doing the same strategy i keep all my traded coin to my exchange wallet so anytime i want to trade it is always available and my longterm coin i keep it in my wallet not connected to any exchange.
heringasem

Activity: 168
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:44:01 PM

Please, if you are going to store your cryptos on an exchange, at least, be sure that you have your account verified.
If they suddenly want to change their policies, they can do it without any further explanation.  So be careful with that.. Hardware wallets are always going to be the best thing that you can do.

vothuong637

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:41:28 AM

If you keep the bitcoin on the trading exchange platform, keep a small amount of money for transactions, the solution to store large amounts of money is not the best solution because the exchange platform can be hacked or collapsed then the possibility of you lose everything. I think you should keep bitcoin in your online wallet, you can download and install it on your PC or phone, or you can keep them in your paper wallet or hardware wallet.
Wonder_woman

Activity: 674
Merit: 101

I am hired and not own by any Team!

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:03:05 AM

I think it is more better to keep your cryptos on a wallet if you want to be safe from hackers because there are many hackers now who attacks the trading flatforms and it is really bad. But if you want to quick sell your cryptos because of price fluctuation and sell it really fast when the price grow up, you can keep your crypto on trading platforms but like what i`ve said, it is not safe to keep at trading platforms.
TorbiK

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Diagon

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:54:52 AM

It is safe to store cryptocurrency on cold wallets. But if you constantly trade in all or most of its volume, then there is no sense in transferring funds from the exchange.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 12:33:58 PM

Basically it is better to play around with your portfolios on an exchange as you have the opportunity to make some profits and be able to sell off quickly and buy a coin that's performing well during price dips.However,if the exchange is ever hacked or sanctioned you could lose your money

CoinCollector006

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:39:53 PM

My advice is to diversify your crypto wealth and have some in hardware wellets like the Ledger Nano or Trezor, some in software wallets like Jaxx or Electrum, some in exchanges where you can trade it and some in alt coin desktop wallets.

I am deeply skeptical of the conventional wisdom that you should hold all your alt coins in the desktop wallet apps. I have yet to see a single alt coin with 2FA. All I have seen is single password that stands between hackers and your coins on a desktop wallet for many different coins including Rain, Linda, Safexcoin, 1337, LDoge, Hyperstake. 

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
wumBowo

Activity: 770
Merit: 298

tozex.io

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 12:47:44 PM

most of my tokens were stored in exchanges, why i'm doing this because if the price coins that i hold is up, i can keep an eye and can sell it anytime without waiting the confirmation times

Tozex