Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:11:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Keep all crypto in trading platforms or wallets?  (Read 1704 times)
Rana590

Activity: 1750
Merit: 267

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:48:39 PM

Obviously better decision to store coin in own wallet. It should not keep all coins in exchanger. All the exchanger are not trusted. Sometimes exchanger have to hack by the hackers. Storing coin in own wallet is very safe and secure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:00:34 PM

It sure safer in the wallet so long as your wallet or laptop is safe as well. I have some on exchanges because I think I'm going to cash them out anytime soon too. If you are like me who is on the move like a wanted outlaw, you might find your tokens safer in exchanges. Having a verified account in bittrex I think is ALMOST safe.
You should learn from the past , where a big exchange could still quit badly. Scam a lot of people with huge amount of money, better to make a prevention action before things ended up badly. Put the whole money you have always in the wallet whenever you have done to trade.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
sandos

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:19:01 PM

anyone newbie hear about mt.gox Cheesy If you know this so you have your answer

sarahtarczon

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:05:55 PM

the smart investor wont just keep their coins in just one PLATFORM or just Wallet, but they will use both of them, because they can use small amount of cryptos to works on trading platforms like exchanges and the rest will be saved in wallets to be used in the future. this will also keep them save from hackers that wont take all of their money.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
WatchMaker

Activity: 518
Merit: 104

PUFFY FINANCE

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:51:03 PM

I don't keep my bitcoin or altcoins on the exchange because it is very risky. I use an online service the Multi-coin wallet called CoinPayments.net. in coinpayments you can store up to 60+ different coins.

Swap & Trade Tokens, Enjoy Great Yield & APYs
▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬  PUFFY FINANCE  ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬
▬▬▬JOIN PRIVATE SALE▬▬▬ >>Early Opportunity<<▬▬▬
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:57:17 PM

Don't keep money on exchanges then you don't have to worry about the biggest target ever getting hacked and you lose everything. You're a small fish in the ocean when you hold your own private keys. Even better? A hardware or paper wallet. Then no one even knows these bitcoin are in your possession.
As long as you are holding, it is always best to look for a wallet where you have full control, which you cannot get in a centralized exchange wallet. I have always preferred just holding a hardware wallet and then with that, I am rest assured that I have full access to all my funds and no exchange will wake up one day and decide to lock me out of my account or close down without any notice.

We would not really need a soothsayer to tell us this that keeping your assets in a wallet is the most risky thing to ever do. It is best when you have the private keys to the wallet we are using as that makes it easy to have full control over our funds than when something ends up happening to an exchange and then we may see ourselves losing virtually all the funds that we have.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Robin789

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:04:21 PM

I think Wallet is the best way. Exchangers are not meant to be wallets.
You put your coin at your own wallet for long term. Some Exchanger is risky for hold altcoin.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:31:52 PM

It good to have both some amount on exchange and some on wallet. Off course we will have problems with both of them but this is normal we always forget password or pass phaze or something else.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

mexite

Activity: 705
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:13:30 PM

I understand that your question bothers on the risk of losing your investment. To keep in exchanges or wallets depends on your market position/approach. If you are an investor, it's best you withdraw to wallets were you control your private keys but if you are a trader, I'm sorry, you will have to keep your coins on the exchange to facilitate trading and avoid unnecessary charges due to constant withdrawal and deposition of funds. It however poses greater risk as exchanges are prone to hacks. In all monitor your funds, guard your wallet/exchange keys/login details. Protect your funds and you'll be safe.
AliCris

Activity: 532
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:57:00 AM

Personally, I advise the exchange to keep only a small amount necessary for exchange or trade. All the rest is best kept on local wallets. Niodna exchange is not insured against hacking. You can store the wallet file in several places at the same time and your savings will not be lost even if the hard drive fails.
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:11:16 AM

I think Wallet is the best way. Exchangers are not meant to be wallets.
You put your coin at your own wallet for long term. Some Exchanger is risky for hold altcoin.

Most Exchange now upgrading their system but still there is no assurance that its safe to put all your money their, personally I use both to store my holdings and so far I don't have any problem and hopefully most of the exchanges will be fully safe in the future.
coino.org

Activity: 798
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:00:00 AM

Kepp money only on big exchanges like Binance or Bittrex, cause small one are hacked so often. Etherdelta was hacked recently and a lot of people lost huge amount. So at least don't keep your funds on etherdelta. For a long term investment, MEW is preferable, but if you are an active trader, for sure keep on big exchanges
Saichoukyushin

Activity: 770
Merit: 278

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:53:47 AM

What would be a better move ? to keep most of my crypto in Exchanges as seems better option. as with the constant flows - green to reds etc.
in order to make gains or min loss, it seems best to trade a red one to green
eg as today i had lots of reds, but to min loss, i took some of my ETH and verge and traded into XRP which mooned and now my gains are way up
as i keep this crypto thing a constant watch.

What do you all suggest?

i use a Coinomi wallet that is connected to Changelly and SHapeshift
so i do exchanges there.

What do you all recommend?

i am thinking just a wallet for holding a currency for long term and no intention to trade out? just add to? thoughts
If you are doing a daily trade its good to have it on exchanges but for holding a wallet is a must if its available, depends on your purpose. Much better to hold a coin in your wallet and yes to add more if you wanted.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:54:44 AM

Kepp money only on big exchanges like Binance or Bittrex, cause small one are hacked so often. Etherdelta was hacked recently and a lot of people lost huge amount. So at least don't keep your funds on etherdelta. For a long term investment, MEW is preferable, but if you are an active trader, for sure keep on big exchanges
One alternative to storing lots of bitcoin is on the big exchange, but there is a better and safer way that is by storing Bitcoin in offline wallet like electrum and also save another Altcoin in the official wallet provided. It is a crypto storage for a long time and most importantly we keep a private key. That is the main key to access the wallet that we have. Oh yes if you are a mobility person may choose to use mobile wallet that can be accessed from smartphone, but I suggest not to store too much balance there.
bitcoinking11

Activity: 378
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:20:52 AM

I don't think it is wise to keep coins in exchanges, as they can be hacked. Wallet would be the best option. Although, you can keep those coins that you want to trade daily and withdraw others to wallet.
sammrheza

Activity: 448
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:06:55 PM

What would be a better move ? to keep most of my crypto in Exchanges as seems better option. as with the constant flows - green to reds etc.
in order to make gains or min loss, it seems best to trade a red one to green
eg as today i had lots of reds, but to min loss, i took some of my ETH and verge and traded into XRP which mooned and now my gains are way up
as i keep this crypto thing a constant watch.

What do you all suggest?

i use a Coinomi wallet that is connected to Changelly and SHapeshift
so i do exchanges there.

What do you all recommend?

i am thinking just a wallet for holding a currency for long term and no intention to trade out? just add to? thoughts

maybe store some on safe wallet like exodus ...

and store some on exchange for daily trade or invest on altcoin Cheesy ....

but if just hold then safe it on cold storage ....
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:28:14 PM

It depends on what you are up to. If you are into trading, then might as well keep your cryptos in trading platforms. On the other hand, if you are just HODLING your cryptos, it is better to keep it in your wallets for safety and security purposes. You have to very well distinguish your objectives and make it at par with your actions so as to help you materialize long-term goals.
coinsontheroad

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:33:28 PM

It's a bad idea to keep your hodlings on an exchange. Whatever you are holding long term should be in cold storage. If you're actively trading then it may be best to keep it on an exchange as you would have to transfer on and off every single day and occur massive fees that would seriously add up and deplete your capital.

mayidid

Activity: 210
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:38:54 PM

Don’t use exchanges to store your coins. They can’t be trusted. If you do trading, you can put some cryptocurrencies on those exchanges just while you are trading, but keep the bulk of your portfolio in offline wallets or wallets where you control the private keys. Exchanges have a tendency to have problems and they can get hacked or just steal your money.
BobBct

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:16:19 PM

I personally use a wallet to store my holdings, and i have more in my trading wallet. it is best (for me) to have both wallets to easily use all because you can't just use all you BTC for trading.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: