Bitcoin Forum
August 17, 2024, 03:28:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone heard of skycoin?  (Read 301 times)
rudigerletterma

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:49:57 PM

nope.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 7091

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:11:21 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2018, 05:53:30 PM by d5000

The idea behind Skycoin looks nice at a first glance, above all for decentralization advocates. Their proposal seems to be to replace internet service providers by rewarding owners of Wi-Fi routers to form mesh-nets (like for example, the Freifunk initiative in Germany) and "forwarding traffic".

But I recently read an opinion from a respected and highly skilled member of this forum that there are serious doubts about the feasibility of this project. There are very hard challenges for such a "mesh-net" project if it really aims to replace ISPs, and there seem to be much technobabble and few in-depth explanations how the system would really work. But if they don't replace ISPs and the whole thing works over the "standard internet", then they're basically reinventing Sia (a project that already exists and works).

Maybe I'm wrong but I would not recommend to invest here. It is very likely simply "to good to be true".

PS: This doesn't really look trustworthy. They keep weaseling around the issue. And the "Obelisk" consensus algorithm seems to be very similar to Ripple ...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ePesoInitiative

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:19:11 PM

Skycoin? Yeah, it's like Maidsafe. Both of them has been here forever and both has even yet come to complete. That's years, I tell ya. Maidsafe is even older than Bitcoin.  Grin

amitkumratra

Activity: 672
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:11:05 AM

I had heard about the sky coin last year, but due to lack of publicity, i did not pay attention to it.
And second time today, when I heard about Skycoin and its development. I am surprised and also regrets, why i did not buy it on that day.
I thinks that, if i had bought Skycoin on the same day, then today i get a very good profit from it.
rocky121

Activity: 107

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 02:54:03 PM

still below ICO price.
pprun

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 02:58:22 PM

Just for now as I read your topic. Seems skycoin is very interesting benefits toward what everyone in this place looking for but why it is not so popular? I think they are at the present of updating their system to make it much better when comes to market. Engaging of the product is important if possible make it perfect to approve by almost everyone.
daily ico news

Activity: 52

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 03:35:23 PM

Huh
Evangeline2

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:42:55 PM

I haven't heard of it, but it seems to have been an encrypted currency developed by the cheater team, but it hasn't been listed.

Analyst101

Activity: 182
Merit: 18

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:49:31 PM

Actually, I heard about it and apparently some programmers rate its system pretty highly. But then how do they rate it. I think it’s pretty subjective by the way. But yeah, sometimes the price of Skycoin skyrocket and literally reach the sky and make some headlines. It is slowly climbing up the coinmarketcap and I do think it’s going to go up further once they have good platforms ready. However, the problem is that there are just so many projects already and it’s hard to get noticed when there are just so many of them.
tunglong

Activity: 90
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:49:19 PM

No, i have not ever heard about it, i am a newbie
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: