Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:10:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to acquire 300-400 Antminer S9 units?  (Read 969 times)
RuMinerMiner (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:21:31 AM

Hello everyone,

I have a task, but I need some advice from people who are introduced to the topic. Now, the company where I work wishes to start a mining project, on a bit of a larger scale. They wish to get somewhere between 300 and 400 Antminers S9 (more accurate, they would like to have 5000TH). The thing is, it isn't that easy to get such an amount these days, especially for some reasonable price. I contacted Bitmain, and was told that I am on a wait list, so for now, I'm hoping they will reach out to me soon.

Until that happens, my question to this wonderful society is, first of all, what do you think about such a project? Is there any hope of getting such amount of units (with it's price not going way over 2000$ per piece - power supply included)?
pick it up ourselves. We need new equipment and we need it as fast as possible...

Thank you so much, hopefully somebody will help me out.

P.S. It is my first post, although it's not spam, I really have this situation, and I'm just trying to do my job, but I need some extra knowledge in the field.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 11:24:32 AM

...(with it's price not going way over 2000$ per piece - power supply included)?

Not possible, sorry.

Your best option is to come up with a deal with Bitmain directly.

RuMinerMiner (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:27:48 AM

I would love to, but it seems to be difficult to get a hold of them... Any idea how I could do that?
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:10:55 PM

You just have to keep trying. They are hard to get ahold of but at the money you are talking about spending, buying them from a third party with no warranty  would be a huge mistake.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
RuMinerMiner (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:12:02 AM

Thank you guys very much, I'll keep trying with the factory. If you have any advice you would like to share, please do Smiley I'll be keeping an eye on the forum to learn even more, and hopefully share my experiences.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:02:47 PM

Thank you guys very much, I'll keep trying with the factory. If you have any advice you would like to share, please do Smiley I'll be keeping an eye on the forum to learn even more, and hopefully share my experiences.
Personally I say screw Bitmain and go with Avalon's from Canaan.io. They *will* respond to your inquiries. FYI Canaan's Global Director of Marketing hangs out in their official A7 thread.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
cableiso

Activity: 244
Merit: 280

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:29:59 PM

Fly to China and bring proof you can pay for them, at that order size they will take your meeting.
throwaway2

Activity: 41
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:00:36 AM

potential alternative: http://bitfury.com/products#blockbox-ac
RuMinerMiner (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:08:11 AM

Fly to China and bring proof you can pay for them, at that order size they will take your meeting.

Not a problem, but I'm not flying there before they tell me they will take me in for a talk. It's not really like I'm walking into a grocery store.
cableiso

Activity: 244
Merit: 280

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:43:49 PM

You're worried about a $3K plane ticket on a 500K investment?  That seems odd
RuMinerMiner (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:33:02 AM

It's not about losing 3k, and it's not my money we're talking about here, it's about time waste.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:58:40 PM

Go to the canaan.io website and go to the bulk orders page, fill out the profile for quantity desired and time frames. They will be more than happy to give you a place in line for orders of more than 60 units.
ref https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1673843.msg26135091#msg26135091

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:50:50 PM

As fast as possible doesnt really work in this industry. You need to work around the manufacturer release schedules. Sometimes you just have to wait 2 months to get hardware, there is nothing you can do about it that wont cost you money, time, and pain when you realize you bought a bunch of overpriced hardware with zero warranty.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
llanaio

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:12:34 AM

Flying to Shenzen is actually a good way to go, but I wouldn't just go cold. Find a fixer in Shenzen that already has contacts with Bitmain and hire them as an intermediary. (Find the right one and you may not even have to go.  But you should, it's an experience!) There are also some resellers out of China who you could meet with and negotiate a reasonable price for an order like this - you can find some at eBay and Cryptonia marketplaces. Look for those based in China and screen well! A few of the bigger or older mining operations also have existing relationships where it's easy to order them before the public can get them. One of these people could also help you.
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 08:19:39 AM

It's not about losing 3k, and it's not my money we're talking about here, it's about time waste.
Setting up a mining operation requires quite a bit of work, a trip to China is probably a small percentage of that work.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: