Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:10:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The bitcoiners mentality  (Read 209 times)
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:11:26 AM

I believe that the bitcoin community mentality right now is wrong. We should care less about the price, bitcoin is a not a get rich quick. Instead we should focus more about the development and the technology (SegWit, LN, Schnorr Signatures, Confidential transactions etc.) because at the end of the day, If the development doesn't go any further, the price won't go anywhere either.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:19:36 AM

Totally agree. Bitcoin was not developed as a tool to quickly get rich. But it did bring wealth to a happy few. And today the perception of the mainstream is that you can make a fortune with Bitcoin. The whole idea of a decentralized currency is faded, people only think of the money they can make. Bitcoin is hardly used as a currency, we should be thankful to countries like Japan and work on further improvements.

mast3rm1nd

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:27:08 AM

if you expect people to not care about the price and the get rich quick aspect of it you are completely wrong here. these things happened before and will happen again with similar technologies and ideas. it's a fact that the blockchain and cryptocurrencies are going to change the world but all we can do is watch

FANCHAIN  (by SportsCastr) [FORBES]  Backed by Former NBA Commissioner  DAVID STERN
ANN Thread Telegram Twitter Whitepaper
NOW LIVE!
minisegway

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:28:06 AM

Business not only in technology, but also in the number of the audience that is interested in bitcoin and technology will come of their own with the development of the community
mathiaslivis

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:32:36 AM

It's very reasonable to say. My friend。 We open the forum every day, or go to the telegram, twitter. What I often see is that the bitcoin has gone up again, and how much K has come. It's really annoying. You know, if the bitcoin community doesn't go forward, all the price talks are meaningless. We want to see bitcoin and more practical projects.
AicecreaME

Activity: 2324
Merit: 454

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:45:13 AM

I believe that the bitcoin community mentality right now is wrong. We should care less about the price, bitcoin is a not a get rich quick. Instead we should focus more about the development and the technology (SegWit, LN, Schnorr Signatures, Confidential transactions etc.) because at the end of the day, If the development doesn't go any further, the price won't go anywhere either.

I totally agree with you, we can't blame them though, bitcoin's price makes the most of us think that we could easily get rich by just earning it, it is true, that is why we are too focused on its price and doesn't care about the updates, and development of it which is very wrong. It is important to earn while we are learning in bitcoin, earning without learning sounds bad at all, it is like you are studying in school but you are not completely committed on it.

We have to be smart on using our bitcoin, and not just spending it on just some worthless things that could be set aside because it is not that needed. Knowing our wants and needs is important for us to know where we are going to spend our bitcoin.
ZenRoy

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:46:43 AM

I sincerely agree to the OP. Bitcoin is not merely about price action. Improvement points have been identified and hopefully will be improved or we risk losing investors and even traders of the currency.
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:50:34 AM

I agree with you. Actually, I have observed that those people who are usually complaining about the current price of Bitcoin are mostly newbies. They thought that when they invested in Bitcoin, it will make them rich after a day. They don't know that it is not an easy money. They are always complaining. To all newbies out there, make sure that you make your own research first before you invest into something!
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:53:55 AM

Broadly speaking a way of developing Bitcoin is by getting us into the development of Bitcoin technology. But in fact and in reality we all will have an orientation to gain wealth, maybe only hypocrites who do not admit it. I am sure you are also like that, when you are a normal person then you are trying to get as much money as possible. And perhaps only very wealthy people who can attach importance to Bitcoin's development without the hope of making a profit.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:57:26 AM

this is a very good phase though. people who have this mentality and only want the money will go out of the market, it is true that price may fall because of that as it has already but in the end those who are left can focus on important matters without the distraction of the high volatility.

but it won't last long. the volatility will come back and with it the get rich overnight guys.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
ldah94

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:58:59 AM

I believe the same thing as long as a project does not have utility and innovation for nothing will serve its price, because it will not grow again it will stay stagnant and fall. bitcoin has decreased its use as a means of easy, safe and fast payments and at the same time to carry out slower transactions with high rates. I hope this is just a bad time and that your developers can continue to innovate and improve bitcoin because their project still has a long way to go.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:01:13 PM

Agree, it's unfortunate to see the community judge by looking at the price, not by the technical term. Probably because of mainstream lack of understanding Bitcoin in depth. I believe Bitcoin is still at an early age and still needs a lot of room for improvement, over the past year Bitcoin had been consolidation and this year Bitcoin pop out. I'm sure the next year is going to be more interesting, we can see how the market reach after done the first stage of movement.
icanscript

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:29:35 PM

I completely share your position.
I will add: The counteraction of the banking system is growing. We must be ready for this. It is necessary to create a system of counteraction through social media.
goaldigger

Activity: 2338
Merit: 356

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:44:50 PM

Yes you have a point , but i think there are more bitcoin holders here care more about the price because that makes them earn and help them for a living. Maybe we can do it both at the same time.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:06:54 PM

this is a very good phase though. people who have this mentality and only want the money will go out of the market, it is true that price may fall because of that as it has already but in the end those who are left can focus on important matters without the distraction of the high volatility.

but it won't last long. the volatility will come back and with it the get rich overnight guys.

This huge dump that happened on bitcoin is a good sign, because if I'm not wrong, bitcoin is going back to its track again and will PUMP soon, hoping that it would happen in the first week of January. We can't help but to focus on the bitcoin's price since that is the reason what keeps us excited about doing bitcoin. There are just two kinds of people here in this world, the other one is those who are always panic selling and the other one is those who are holding their coins no matter what is happening in the market.

It is too sad to know that there are people who have only small piece of knowledge on how bitcoin really works that is why they are doing some mistakes that they are regretting in the end.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:08:26 PM

Yes agree one hundred percent and as a developer I have looked at LN and it's a sticking plaster that won't hold
and whats killing the price is one line of code that's missing

public static money MaxFees=1.50// Goodbye 19,000 miners because we only need a few hundred of you

if the development team never understood the need to externalize the size of the blocks then they should not be writing code
and I am far from happy about the CPU wars S-M created with this mess he started and the energy waste or do you think that
he lacked vision  

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:16:24 PM

I totally agree, if we develop bitcoin further I believe bitcoin could be the undisputed currency in the entire world, the one that need to fix arethe transaction speed and fee, bitcoin itself already got support and atrong foundation, we just need to keep things on the right track and it will attract more users, now the investors all go away because of the high transaction fee, and I personally can't blame them for looking the cheapest transaction fee as possible
louie69

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:29:12 PM

Yes agree one hundred percent and as a developer I have looked at LN and it's a sticking plaster that won't hold
and whats killing the price is one line of code that's missing

public static money MaxFees=1.50// Goodbye 19,000 miners because we only need a few hundred of you

if the development team never understood the need to externalize the size of the blocks then they should not be writing code
and I am far from happy about the CPU wars S-M created with this mess he started and the energy waste or do you think that
he lacked vision  

I would have to agree that majority of the bitcoiner's mentality is really to earn and profit more in joining bitcoin considering that bitcoin is now on it's way to further enhancement its operation and technology as well. Being a bitcoin supporter, we need to be optimistic in this upcoming year wherein bitcoin should further grow in terms of market profitability.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:32:02 PM

the mentality of a lot of bitcoiners have been like this for as long as I can remember. and that is understandable since the price of bitcoin has been rising for as long as I can remember even in 2014 that we had drops the price was on the rise as far as I am concerned! lol.

and bitcoin goes on. it is good to try and tell others as much as we can to make them think about other things than making money. we don't have to change their main mentality as long as we help them see other benefits of bitcoin.

Only Bitcoin
AicecreaME

Activity: 2324
Merit: 454

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:37:27 PM
Merited by mace15 (1)

We don't know when it is going to rise again, but we are all hoping that it will pump again this first week of January. All that we can do right now is to be patient on waiting and hold our bitcoins. Let's hope that bitcoin would make another All Time High price in 2018. It is really sad though to watch bitcoin's price is on $12,000 from $20,000, it is a really huge drop.

But no worries, it is normal because bitcoin's price is volatile meaning that we will really experience this kind of scenarios, there is nothing to be worry about like bitcoin is going to die, lol
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: