Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:08:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WHY PAYING TAX TO GOVERNMENT  (Read 198 times)
captcha700 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:08:24 PM

Why people  pay tax to gov? is it a donation?

I earned more than 2300 bitcoin since 2015, and exchange a part of them on localbitcoin,paxful using westernunion. But i never pay any taxes to gov and i dont own any bank account.

In march 2017 i decided to form a llc in delaware , on december 11, i received a letter from the registered agent that i have to pay taxes from january to may 2018.

My question , do IRS can see  my BTC and BCC address? is it illegal to run an exchanger without  a Money Transmitter Licenses?

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 10:05:27 PM

Why people pay tax to gov? is it a donation?

Some people might see it that way. Most people are just complying with tax regulations because evading them can land you in jail.

I earned more than 2300 bitcoin since 2015, and exchange a part of them on localbitcoin,paxful using westernunion. But i never pay any taxes to gov and i dont own any bank account.

In march 2017 i decided to form a llc in delaware , on december 11, i received a letter from the registered agent that i have to pay taxes from january to may 2018.

Not having a bank account might have helped to keep you under the radar, but I assume you had to provide ID to Western Union on every trade? Those records still exist. The LLC definitely puts you on the IRS' radar, and if you are now running large transfers through bank accounts, banks file Suspicious Activity Reports to FinCEN. I believe that Western Union may file SARs on high value or structured transfers as well.

My question , do IRS can see  my BTC and BCC address? is it illegal to run an exchanger without  a Money Transmitter Licenses?

The IRS can't know identify your addresses just by looking at the blockchain. But they do work with Chainalysis to link addresses to identities, and fiat exchange is one of the easiest ways to do that.

If you trade above certain volumes, you are considered a money transmitter and you are supposed to register with FinCEN. You are also supposed to enforce some AML/KYC procedure to comply with money laundering regulations. Many people have been arrested for running unlicensed money transmitter services for exchanging Bitcoin for cash. But it should be noted that in most of the cases, there are additional investigations into guns and drugs underlying that activity.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:39:49 AM

If you're in the US you are certifiably nuts to be operating as a money transmitter without being licenced up. Look up the story of BurtW on this forum.

As for your original question, are you certifiably nuts? It's not voluntary.
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 03:13:35 AM

Of course to increase the foreign exchange of the country, for every bitcoin transaction that is taxed. State revenue will add to the tax imposed on bitcoin transactions. Given the current and more popular bitcoin transactions. This is a good prospect.
lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 03:57:02 AM

Because actually tax income for the government and increase the foreign exchange of the country.
So tax is the important thing to make improvement for the country. We need pay tax for our own country.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:02:04 AM

If you're in the US you are certifiably nuts to be operating as a money transmitter without being licence up. Look up the story of BurtW on this forum. As for your original question, are you certifiably nuts? It's not voluntary.

We all know that IRS is very dedicated in pursuing its job to go after tax evaders. Well, it can just be a matter of time until they can discover that OP is not paying the tax which can be required when we are converting our Bitcoin to the fiat money. Paying tax is a matter of obligation and since it is stated in the approved law of the law then it is also a legal obligation that if we don't follow what should be then we might be entangled with the IRS as the implementing agency for tax laws. Anyway, it can also be an adventure in evading the government and I understand that OP has no intent in paying the tax so I might as well wish him luck that the government will not really found out about it. The government right now is very creative in finding ways and means to compel people to pay their share of the tax. And we know how tax is used for the country.
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 06:16:30 AM

Thanks

Paying taxes was already explain to us in school like social science, economics and even in history subjects that we pay taxes in order for our government and country to live. Our taxes will go to salaries of armed forces, teachers, public nurses and utilities. Some is for infrastructures like bridges, roads and public buildings. If bitcoin is legal the government can trace our transactions thru local exchanges everytime we convert bitcoin to fiat and all exchanges should be legally operating too.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:11:03 AM

Well that is an obvious question you got there and the answer is yes. Taxes are a necessary burden for your country to be well funded in order for it to develop. And as far as privacy goes, I don't think that the IRS knows that you are earning Bitcoin or they can monitor your Bitcoin address but it is how a person can live in a luxurious life without even paying any kind of taxes that is why they have sensed that there is something not right and have ordered for your income tax report, if you only have been careful and practice your obligation to pay taxes the IRS won't be bugging your right now. 
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 724

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:35:22 PM

Thanks

I don't know if you are really serious on asking such thing about tax is a voluntary thing/donation. Seriously? Have you able to attend or learn up from your basic economics class? Tax is really an obligation of a citizen to be paid up which would depend on how much you do earn.Just a little percentage but you are obliged considering that these taxes are helping to build up a countries economy. Evading this thing will really put you in prison if you neglect to pay up. Regarding on being traced. They are not really seeing your bch or btc address but the mediums you have been used specially exchanges would really have an eye already.
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 03:01:19 PM

Because they unfortunately live in bad countries stealing their citizens, there is no need for that when you see some countries live without it
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: