Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:39:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] USD 5k worth BTC : Paypal Friends & Family.  (Read 224 times)
shibaji (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:02:41 AM

Anyone?

Looks like no sellers for ETH or TRX, so let me try with BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:22:55 AM

No chance. Absolutely none. PayPal is reversible up to 180 days from the time of sending funds. USD 5K is an immense sum of money. Even PayPal's Friends & Family mode is reversible if a scammer knows the right dispute strategy. It simply involves informing PayPal that the transaction was done without your authorization, that you were travelling or at work or somewhere else when your PayPal account was accessed somewhere by a person or people unknown to you.

Alternatively, the charge can be reversed as soon as you mention the F (fraud) or B (bitcoin) word. PayPal is stubbornly anti-crypto and they tend to conservatively side with whoever is paying.

Escrow will not protect anyone who risks taking PayPal, simply because the reversibility risk defeats the core purpose of an escrow service which is to protect either party from defaulting on the transaction terms.

PS.. oh yes, there is one alternative which is to pay by PayPal and wait 180 days for escrow to release the coins. That's because after 180 days you will no longer be able to dispute and charge back the $5K.

shibaji (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:29:32 AM

Thanks for stating the obvious risk. I believe that is where trust in BTC forum comes in - otherwise, it is meaningless. Maybe things have changed in past few years.
shibaji (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 06:59:53 PM

No one at all?!
Trader30001

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:43:24 PM

No one at all?!
any amount at 10%
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 08:58:37 PM

No one at all?!

I think you'll find that BitcoinTalk has rightfully become more and more cautious with trades, especially when lending or exchanging currencies, likely more than the last time you have been active - although you may already know this by shadowing the forum. Is it possible for you to use any payment form other than PayPal? Wire transfers work well.
shibaji (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:47:13 PM

No one at all?!

I think you'll find that BitcoinTalk has rightfully become more and more cautious with trades, especially when lending or exchanging currencies, likely more than the last time you have been active - although you may already know this by shadowing the forum. Is it possible for you to use any payment form other than PayPal? Wire transfers work well.

Yes, I can see that. If you are willing to sell some for wire transfer, I will do that. I used to buy from BCB (sent him a message already) and few others, but unfortunately don't see them being active much anymore.
shibaji (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:48:01 PM

10% on top of current price? That's a lot. My only motivation for the purchase is to get it quicker than Coinbase. I will wait. Thanks.
Backend

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 08:34:05 PM

We can handle Escrow for this transaction. Let us know.

-Backend
Sublime5446

Activity: 11
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:12:57 PM

Grin Grin Grin Grin   Been a long time for me too (sublime5447), came back to find my account hacked. Good to see someone with a familiar name on here, it really looks like the forum has gone to shit. I dont think there are any real trades going on. 
shibaji (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:12:21 AM

Grin Grin Grin Grin   Been a long time for me too (sublime5447), came back to find my account hacked. Good to see someone with a familiar name on here, it really looks like the forum has gone to shit. I dont think there are any real trades going on. 

Oh man! After many years! How are you? I got out of crypto during end of 2013 - lots happened inbetween, and trying to dabble again. Hope you get back your account. Nice memories! Let's be in touch.
djeezer12

Activity: 112
Merit: 38

No legacy is so rich as honesty.

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:36:07 PM

you need pp 5k ? i can help you with a trustfull source dont now if your country fits https://anycoindirect.eu you will have your paypal in minutes ..

BUY/SELL Btc, Ltc, Eth, Xrp, Xmr, Dash en Doge FOR or WITH Payeer, Wu, Perfect Money, Paypal en SEPA|| SKYPE/EMAIL = -->>djeezer12@outlook.com<<-- ***
realestone
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:26:08 PM

stay away from trading btc for paypal always ends in a nightmare
Sublime5446

Activity: 11
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:32:54 PM

Oh man! After many years! How are you? I got out of crypto during end of 2013 - lots happened inbetween, and trying to dabble again. Hope you get back your account. Nice memories! Let's be in touch.

Me too, only reason I am back is because in 2013 ripple labs gave me 40k ripples. I traded all but 8.5k of them back in 2013 for bitcoin. Some kid came by a few weeks back and was talking about ripple and I was like oh shit, so I restored my wallet and cashed a bunch out. I dont think I am gonna get my account back though, because the bitcoin address that was linked to my account had the same password. There was no coins in it but now someone else controls my old wallet. I can prove it is my account through other means but thymos wont respond to me. 
shibaji (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:52:12 AM

Me too, only reason I am back is because in 2013 ripple labs gave me 40k ripples. I traded all but 8.5k of them back in 2013 for bitcoin. Some kid came by a few weeks back and was talking about ripple and I was like oh shit, so I restored my wallet and cashed a bunch out. I dont think I am gonna get my account back though, because the bitcoin address that was linked to my account had the same password. There was no coins in it but now someone else controls my old wallet. I can prove it is my account through other means but thymos wont respond to me. 

Sorry to hear that. That's a shame. Are you planning to dabble in the crypto market again?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: