Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:22:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying USDT during crypto dips.your thoughts.  (Read 303 times)
Alex077
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1209

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 02:01:07 PM

During times of crypto blood bath,I prefer to sell off my portfolios and buy USD Tether which usually fluctuates minimally.Any better options or thoughts on this?
isn't that the main real use of USDT? as a "hedge" tool in this crazy volatile cryptocurrency markets
if you think USDT is used to easily cashout or move your crypto, Roll Eyes you should think twice
your action holding USDT as a way to temporary store and protect your $$ value is considered good
although you might miss the profit opportunity when there is a sudden price increase in BTC/US$ fiat market Tongue
The thing is, all the exchanges with a large number of Altcoins work with USDT, and dollar is not in use there. 
Aside from Bitfinex, which had issues with the withdrawal of the dollar for a long time, all the other exchanges work with USDT, 
Binance, Poloniex, Bitrex... Bitstamp is a good exchange to work with dollar, it operates with large volumes of trades, but there are few crypto-coins in turnover there.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kawasakinamoto

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:10:31 PM

That's what i'm actually doing right now, and it gives me alot of profit but actually this is one of the riskiest thing iv'e done in my trading career because sometimes the market is manipulated.
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:58:42 PM

The thing is, all the exchanges with a large number of Altcoins work with USDT, and dollar is not in use there.  
Aside from Bitfinex, which had issues with the withdrawal of the dollar for a long time, all the other exchanges work with USDT,  
Binance, Poloniex, Bitrex... Bitstamp is a good exchange to work with dollar, it operates with large volumes of trades, but there are few crypto-coins in turnover there.

the reason not many exchanges deal with US$ fiat because they need to follow local regulations
they need it to be legally do fiat exchanges and open real banking account
and following the rules, they need to comply KYC AML stuff required as a registered money transfer service
btw as far as I know Poloniex doesn't have 'dollar' (US$) fiat markets

Dwarf42

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:33:57 PM

During times of crypto blood bath,I prefer to sell off my portfolios and buy USD Tether which usually fluctuates minimally.Any better options or thoughts on this?
I think that at the moment you should buy as much USDT as you can see that the market is preparing for a big storm, the price of bitcoin and altcoin today has started to adjust and mitigate for many hours. Immediately. According to my analysis, the bitcoin price will reach $ 7000 tomorrow and still can not recover. You can see that the market is still in the main bear market so it is time to stock up so much USDT so that when the market recovers it can buy the best price.
infer

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:03:41 AM

It is not good at all, You should buy coins during dips and buying usdt during the pump. Because after the dips, everything will be green again. Holding usdt during that time is not good at all. It provides us an opportunity to earn money in the dip so that we need to buy more coins.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:15:12 AM

It is not good at all, You should buy coins during dips and buying usdt during the pump. Because after the dips, everything will be green again. Holding usdt during that time is not good at all. It provides us an opportunity to earn money in the dip so that we need to buy more coins.

This is what I am talking about, that buying USDT during the pump since when the coin is dump you can buy back again. You can gain more profit with this strategy too. Be always vigilant and on t alert,  because transaction on exchanges were fast also. Many traders are on the lookout of this strategy too.

Open for Campaigns
letecia012

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:56:04 AM

Forcme its a good strategy to preserve the vakue of your portfolio it may not going down since it is fix vslue to 1 dollar. i am doing the same when my coins seems gongvdown i sold it to usdt and when it is bottom I buy back so my usdt  will give me more number of couns i hold with same amount than before
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:24:00 AM

This is what I am talking about, that buying USDT during the pump since when the coin is dump you can buy back again. You can gain more profit with this strategy too. Be always vigilant and on t alert,  because transaction on exchanges were fast also. Many traders are on the lookout of this strategy too.

I think what OP is trying to tell when dip will start that time we have to convert our coins to USDT. it is right then only you can able to save your profit. when the dip will finish and start to increase slowly that time buys again. all are on the same track but explaining in different ways that's it.
sksaddam

Activity: 691

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:37:54 AM

It is better option when increase crypto market convert your token to usdt.Then when crush crypto buy your favourite token.If you thought crypto trade is risky for me then convert your token to usdt for stable price.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|
valeria113

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:03:55 AM

Go for real USD. Usdt won't return your usd if usdt has any problem. They stated it in their policy
BarbusseH

Activity: 193

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:20:15 AM

When the amount of funds for you is small, the USDT is the best option for maintaining the value of the asset. And if the amount is significant, then transfer to fiat or bitcoin to hardware purse.
Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:59:34 AM

if you have done it before crypto blood you made a master move , but changing to usdt when every thing is down , seems like you sell in loss and the price of usdt doesn't change so much , I don't think it's a good idea to change it when every thing is deep coz if they go up usdt won't change that much.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
HappyMod

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

ICO Communtiy Management & Engagement happymod.io

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 09:08:42 AM

I detest the whole concept of USDT. I am sure if it did not exist, then the market would not experience the extreme drops it has over the past few months. People throw their belief in cryptocurrency out the window when they have an easy option. I honestly believe that if the option was not there, then the market would not have dropped to the extent it has. What to do, it does exist, but I hate it. Used it once a few months ago and have refused to use it since, win or lose. You're either in or out. I'm in.

I'm not sure if USDT can be held accountable for having such a big part in how far the market dropped, but I agree that the concept is bad. I don't trust BitFinex, they don't show proof that they are actually backing each tether with a dollar, and they can just print more whenever they feel like it. I've used it as well, but it's given me more stress than relief.
I'm in as well.

Startup for Cryptocurrency Community Management, Engagement and Marketing. Expert in ICO Advising and moderation of social media platforms happymod.io
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: