Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:30:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm thinking of creating a forum software for BitcoinTalk  (Read 4789 times)
/dev/null

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 06:03:36 PM

well, if that is the case, the money could still be used to something else. Really, spending 6000 btc to reinvent the weel(errr...a bloddy forum) is just ridiculous, not to say, insane.

I completely agree with you. There's no need to spend that much money on a forum software when pretty good one's are available for 100-500 bucks or even for free like phpbb/mybb.

That money can be used for something more important .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
juca

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 06:15:14 PM

Theymos has no intention of honoring that post, he said the requirements had changed and that OP is almost two years old.
so? I am glad he didn't, only a nutter would spend that much with a damn forum. You are just using this fact as a "hook", to promote issues with the admin and launch a new forum. You are just pathetic.
juca

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 06:21:04 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2013, 06:32:58 PM by juca

well, if that is the case, the money could still be used to something else. Really, spending 6000 btc to reinvent the weel(errr...a bloddy forum) is just ridiculous, not to say, insane.

I completely agree with you. There's no need to spend that much money on a forum software when pretty good one's are available for 100-500 bucks or even for free like phpbb/mybb.

yes, definitely. The question here is: "what would be worthy to spend the forum's donation money?" I vote for a pool asap.
1 option that comes to my mind, that can be included, is to donate small amounts for developers(like between 1 and 5 btc) to estimulate the growth of the software ecosystem around btc and altcoins also btw. We don't need to spend the money all at once, some mod could create a thread to register the log of the money workflow. just my 2 satoshis.
edit: In fact, we if really do this poll, I would be willing to donate some btc myself, instead of complaining that the money wasn't completely spent yet, it seems a wonderful idea to use the forum, to execute/realize the WILL of many.
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 06:29:09 PM

Juca,

Did you have something to add to the conversation?  I ask because it seems like you just like to see yourself post.  Based upon your seeming inability to form a complete thought I'd guess you are still a teenager, so there's that.  Perhaps if you grow up and need to deal with other adults you will find that insulting people (for no obvious reason) is frowned upon by most non-barbarians.

If you took the time to actually read the hundred or so posts in the thread I started you'd see that there are many people who feel we need a new forum.  You'd even see in the very first post that the discussion is broken into two threads one about software choice and another about the issues to that need to be dealt with.  If you read, instead of posted, you'd see that I actually am not convinced this forum is broken and I am in no race to start a new forum; I'm still hoping Theymos will address the communities concerns before I ever recommend going elsewhere.  Lastly, you are certainly in the minority with your (uninformed) opinions but of course that comes with your lack of reading comprehension.  

Further people like you , who add nothing to the conversation, are too my mind exactly the core of the problem with this forum.  Two years ago these forums were used by intelligent people who had ideas to share.  Now that bitcoin is mainstream we are unfortunately forced to deal with trolls such as yourself.

Anybody else agree?  Come tell me what other problems need to be addresses to make a world class forum.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=244678.0
juca

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 06:49:22 PM

No Juca I didn't read what you wrote because you are not the OP and I was not talking to you.  Glad to see you have an opinion though.   Ironically your angry (useless) post is exactly why we need better administration and  (probably) a completely new forum.
This comment just shows how your mind is twisted. This forum is great, and the exercise of freedom of speech is(still) allowed. moron. The OP propose software for bitcointalk.org, not to fulfil your silly dreams of power, that means, you not only didn't read what I wrote, but also what the OP wrote, suggested
juca

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 07:01:19 PM

Hi everyone. I'm thinking of creating a forum software for BitcoinTalk. It will be a SMF fork, modified to fit the requirements theymos laid out in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50617.0

I will put it up on GiitHub shortly.
To refresh your memory Viceroy, since is too much work for you to read the OP, since you are in page 2. Got it now? Need more?
juca

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 07:02:22 PM

See I told you you could not put the barrel in your mouth and fire, you are still here Sad

And your opinion represents the minority, the majority of poll takers believe we need a new forum.

I'm guessing you probably voted in this category:  
"No, I like that they hold 6000 BTC from the community and still allow scamming (9/151)".

yes, definitely. The question here is: "what would be worthy to spend the forum's donation money?" I vote for a pool asap.
1 option that comes to my mind, that can be included, is to donate small amounts for developers(like between 1 and 5 btc) to estimulate the growth of the software ecosystem around btc and altcoins also btw. We don't need to spend the money all at once, some mod could create a thread to register the log of the money workflow. just my 2 satoshis.
edit: In fact, we if really do this poll, I would be willing to donate some btc myself, instead of complaining that the money wasn't completely spent yet, it seems a wonderful idea to use the forum, to execute/realize the WILL of many.
read, motherfucker, read!
juca

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 07:16:55 PM

I'm dying to read what the others think about your replies to me
* juca grabs the popcorn and watch
juca

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 07:31:30 PM

To refresh your memory Viceroy, since is too much work for you to read the OP, since you are in page 2. Got it now? Need more?

I read the OP.  Your reading comprehension is lacking, as is most often the case with teenagers.  I said you didn't even read my OP.  Clearly I read this OP as I responded way back on the first page:

Let me know when the software is complete, I'd like to test it out.  

The current admin does not seem serious about changing the forum as his post was made almost two years ago.  I, however, am very serious about changing the forum because the current forum and it's administration sucks.  

If you'd like to contribute to making a new and improved forum please come join us here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=244678.0

And let me know when your update is complete I'd love to test it out.

If you read what I read slowly you will see my conversation with the OP and the community does NOT require any involvement from you.  So go away you are adding nothing to any conversation in this thread.

he never answered you. you were just talking to  yourself, you never got a reply for that. read the thread again, if you don't trust me. I'm afraid you suffer from Schizophrenia. go see a doctor buddy, i start to be pity of you
juca

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 08:23:55 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2013, 07:17:54 PM by juca

If you want your post to make sense you will need to quote the exact part where I suggested, said or implied that the OP has responded to the post I made a couple hours ago.  

edit:
Ah you want to imply that my use of the word conversation implies two parties.  Fair enough, I was forward thinking when I thought the OP might respond to my desire to use the software he is developing and technically my conversation with the OP is currently one sided.  Though with your derailing of the thread I'm not sure I'll get any response now.  

* Viceroy sarcastically says
Good job juca

np, you are welcome. glad you deleted all your previews posts that i quoted in this thread. Just show how secure of the things you say you are. cool story bro, neeeext Cool

edit:
I'm sorry OP to this discussion off-topic in your thread, I just couldn't hold myself with that guy. Please, pardon me and get going, you are doing a REALLY COOL
THING.
Today, browsing the LEGAL forum, by coincidence, I noticed that he is already famous, I wish him good luck with his reputation. I guess the discussion about viceroy, if any, can continue there:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=256307.0
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: