Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:21:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost Bitcoin Transaction History after zapwallettxes help!  (Read 163 times)
nichol@s12josE (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:26:26 AM

Hello,

I have an unconfirmed transaction with very low fee and i thought of double spending that transaction, i have executed -zapwallettxes instead of zapwallettxes=2. After this command i have lost all the send and receive transaction history assigned to my accounts. I have tried rescan and reindexing, still nothing in my account transactions.

Can anyone help me to recover the lost transaction history?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitperson

Activity: 210
Merit: 119

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 03:42:23 PM

Hello,

I have an unconfirmed transaction with very low fee and i thought of double spending that transaction, i have executed -zapwallettxes instead of zapwallettxes=2. After this command i have lost all the send and receive transaction history assigned to my accounts. I have tried rescan and reindexing, still nothing in my account transactions.

Rename your wallet.dat and restore a previous one from backups?

How to ask questions the smart way
When you’re happy with the answers in a thread you have started, please click ‘lock topic’ to prevent spam.
1AWrZWnN4ThpGB5z24WTzsoZRMqvLpDGYU
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:24:56 PM

So is your wallet empty? if there's no sending and transaction history, then how can the wallet know how many BTC does it have?

What is the size of your wallet.dat? has it decreased? hopefully you can compare with a recent backup..

Hello,

This is not a solution... a lot of people don't do backups often, specially now thanks to HD wallets not forcing you to make backups more often. He probably doesn't have a backup that has the private keys for the recent addresses.

If there's a bug with -zapwallettxes we must find out what happened here exactly because it's pretty scary to think the next time you use that command (which I use when I get a stuck transaction) I would lose my wallet's history.
bitperson

Activity: 210
Merit: 119

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:37:46 PM

a lot of people don't do backups often, specially now thanks to HD wallets not forcing you to make backups more often. He probably doesn't have a backup that has the private keys for the recent addresses.
Time Machine on my Mac keeps, in practice, a copy of every version of every file. And although I seldom use Windows, I remember having run into a similar feature there. But of course, if the OP doesn’t do backups, then there’s nothing to restore.

How to ask questions the smart way
When you’re happy with the answers in a thread you have started, please click ‘lock topic’ to prevent spam.
1AWrZWnN4ThpGB5z24WTzsoZRMqvLpDGYU
nichol@s12josE (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:41:59 AM

So is your wallet empty? if there's no sending and transaction history, then how can the wallet know how many BTC does it have?

What is the size of your wallet.dat? has it decreased? hopefully you can compare with a recent backup..

Hello,

This is not a solution... a lot of people don't do backups often, specially now thanks to HD wallets not forcing you to make backups more often. He probably doesn't have a backup that has the private keys for the recent addresses.

If there's a bug with -zapwallettxes we must find out what happened here exactly because it's pretty scary to think the next time you use that command (which I use when I get a stuck transaction) I would lose my wallet's history.

unfortunately, I did not taken a backup there are only internal transactions in my wallet.dat now. Even the transaction hashes added to wallet but the info like account in send from is missing .. say "john" it is showing "". And some odd transactions like i didn't  received with my account "mickeal" but two transactions are showing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: