Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:03:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Speculative Coins to mine with GPU Rigs for 2018  (Read 3915 times)
nsummy

Activity: 1178
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:49:44 PM

I'm currently mining XSH with my 8 GPU 1070 rig and doing around 60~80 usd a day. I believe this coin still have potential to rise to 50 cent each this year. I'm using bigmine pool with ccminer 2.2 @ SMOS.
Its cant be the truth. This coin is not the most profitable for nvidia rigs. Neoscrypt coins are much more interesting

Proof? Reasoning?  I started mining XSH about 16 hours ago.  I have 2 gtx 1080s, 2 gtx 1070s, and 1 gtx 1050ti.  My blake2s hashrate is about about 20 Mh/s. So far I've mined 194 coins which is about $25.  If the trend continues I will have made $35-$40 today.  I don't think its unreasonable for someone with 8 cards to claim they make $20 more than me.  Imho there is nothing interesting about Neoscrypt beyond the sheer number of crappy masternode coins that it has spawned.  If you know of a coin that is more profitable though I'm all ears.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dougie_Jones (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:46:46 AM

I'm currently mining XSH with my 8 GPU 1070 rig and doing around 60~80 usd a day. I believe this coin still have potential to rise to 50 cent each this year. I'm using bigmine pool with ccminer 2.2 @ SMOS.
Its cant be the truth. This coin is not the most profitable for nvidia rigs. Neoscrypt coins are much more interesting

Proof? Reasoning?  I started mining XSH about 16 hours ago.  I have 2 gtx 1080s, 2 gtx 1070s, and 1 gtx 1050ti.  My blake2s hashrate is about about 20 Mh/s. So far I've mined 194 coins which is about $25.  If the trend continues I will have made $35-$40 today.  I don't think its unreasonable for someone with 8 cards to claim they make $20 more than me.  Imho there is nothing interesting about Neoscrypt beyond the sheer number of crappy masternode coins that it has spawned.  If you know of a coin that is more profitable though I'm all ears.

What pool are you using???  Using Bigpool blake2s algo for XSH, I only mined about 70 XSH in 12 hours using nine 1070s...............
nsummy

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:07:38 AM

What pool are you using???  Using Bigpool blake2s algo for XSH, I only mined about 70 XSH in 12 hours using nine 1070s...............

http://bsod.pw/   I think this is where most of the hashrate is for blake2s.
Dougie_Jones (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:03:23 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2018, 02:17:30 AM by Dougie_Jones

http://bsod.pw/   I think this is where most of the hashrate is for blake2s.

Thanks!  I'll give that one a try and see how it goes ---- I'd love to get some solid, steady income of XSH --- it does have a lot of potential.

My blake2s hash rate on bsod for XSH is about 34 GH/s ........hoping this yields good results....
Riptide_NVN

Activity: 294
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:41:30 AM

I see you can mine XSH with x17 which should work well on nvidia hardware.

One thing about XSH and other less known and newer options like it.  Bigger exchanges like bittrex and cryptopia don't trade it.  You can't park anything in a wallet up there or mine directly to the exchange.  And some of the bigger pools like mph for instance don't host it.

Takes some extra effort.  Might be worth it though who knows.
nsummy

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:31:04 AM

One thing about XSH and other less known and newer options like it.  Bigger exchanges like bittrex and cryptopia don't trade it.  You can't park anything in a wallet up there or mine directly to the exchange.  And some of the bigger pools like mph for instance don't host it.

No but you can park it in your own wallet.  Luckily I don't judge a coin's merits based on whether you can mine it at MPH or trad it at bittrex.
klintistwood

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

Out of the box is where I live

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 06:30:33 AM

No but you can park it in your own wallet.  Luckily I don't judge a coin's merits based on whether you can mine it at MPH or trad it at bittrex.

which wallet are you using for xsh?

13 GPU Nvidia Rig running under Ubuntu 16 (eth hash rate: 300+Mh/s @ 1000W for whole rig): 3x EVGA GTX 1060 3Gb (24MH/s @ 65W) + 6x MSI Armor GTX 1060 3Gb (24MH/s @ 70W) + 1x MSI GTX 1060 (24Mh/s @ 65W) + 3x Zotac GTX 1060 (24MH/s @ 65 W). PSU 2400W, Asrock ASRock H110 Pro BTC+, cheap Chinese risers, Kingston SSD 120Gb, 8Gb memory. Selling some of my GPUs (around 200€, still under warranty), if you're interested, contact me in private.
nsummy

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:35:13 AM

which wallet are you using for xsh?

The QT wallet:  https://github.com/ShieldCoin/SHIELD/releases/tag/v1.1wqt
bartjeyayo

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:09:31 PM

http://bsod.pw/   I think this is where most of the hashrate is for blake2s.

Thanks!  I'll give that one a try and see how it goes ---- I'd love to get some solid, steady income of XSH --- it does have a lot of potential.

My blake2s hash rate on bsod for XSH is about 34 GH/s ........hoping this yields good results....

I'm using lyra2v2 algo by the way. Here's my config line for miner:

-a lyra2v2 -o stratum+tcp://bigmine.org:4533 -u YOUR-ADDRESS -p c=XSH -i 22

Try it out. Last 24 hours still going strong with 50+ USD with 8 cards.
Dougie_Jones (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:33:57 PM

I was mining XSH on bsod.pw pool very successfully for about 10 hours using the blake2s algo & pool port, but then it abruptly halted and it looks like the blake2s port has been removed from the bsod.pw site?

Does anyone know anything about this?  Their site doesn't have any notifications about it being removed....

I'm on the x17 algo now but it is noticeably less productive for me than the blake2s one, on the order of 15-25% less productive.  Will the blake2s algo return to bsod.pw?

I tried switching over to bigmine, but for some reason, it is just painfully unproductive for me.  I'm talking over 50% less productive.  Not sure why.....
nsummy

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:31:09 PM

I was mining XSH on bsod.pw pool very successfully for about 10 hours using the blake2s algo & pool port, but then it abruptly halted and it looks like the blake2s port has been removed from the bsod.pw site?

Does anyone know anything about this?  Their site doesn't have any notifications about it being removed....

I'm on the x17 algo now but it is noticeably less productive for me than the blake2s one, on the order of 15-25% less productive.  Will the blake2s algo return to bsod.pw?

I tried switching over to bigmine, but for some reason, it is just painfully unproductive for me.  I'm talking over 50% less productive.  Not sure why.....

Yah I unfortunately noticed that when I got to work this morning, did a remote desktop to my miner, and noticed it hadn't been mining for hours!  Embarrassed    I got on their discord and they said the XSH wallet i under maintenance (due to double payments).  They also haven't paid out for the past 6 hours (haven't checked to see if they have resumed yet).  They didn't specify exactly why they left the x17 and removed the blake2s, so thats kind of weird, but I guess its somehow related to their wallet issue.

I switched over to bigmine and have gotten about 40 coins in a the last hour and 20 minutes, with a hashrate of 20 Mh/s.  If that trend continues it will be a 700 coin day, lol, but I'm guessing that won't hold.    Their stratum difficulty is all crunked up though, so if by unproductive you mean they are showing half your real hashrate, that is why.  Really all that matters is the shares you submit, the hashrate is just a guess.  When I first connected it was sending like 20 shares a second, now the difficulty is cranked up to 96 and I'm submitting about 4 shares a minute.  Also keep in mind the hashrate at bigmine is a lot less than it was at bsod.  BSOD was finding a lot of blocks.
Bit2017User

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:37:48 AM

I must be mining on the wrong pools or pool port or with the wrong program or something................after only pulling in about 70 XSH in 12 hours, I switched to ZCoin on SuprNova pool.

On that pool, I only mined approximately $8 worth of XZC in 12 hours...................with nine 1070s chugging away......

What is going on? 

In the  meantime, I'm going back to mining ETN, but would really like to maximize the efficiency of my nine 1070s with an nvidia-optimized coin...........

I'm going to try the spacepools ETN pool and see if I pull in more than 250 per day.

The best today is a multipool like miningpoolhub or ahashpool ( best for me )
for 1070 i recomend Nemos Miner.
Enjoy
H22221

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:14:42 PM

Mining xvg and electroneum, think they'll be big!
Beowulf Dragehjerte

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:46:13 PM

Currently am mining about 250 Electroneum per day using nine GTX 1070s. I'm mining ETN as a speculative coin, anticipating it to go well above its present value of 8 cents per coin.

Are there better speculative coins to mine? I'm talking about coins that are in extremely early stages and at extremely low values that may not yield much mining profits today, but if accumulated could yield massive profits down the road.

For example, I would have loved to have mined plenty of XVG, XRP etc. last Spring, or some ETH in 2016.

So for 2018, what are the best low-value but high potential coins that you can pull in at high quantities per month?

Right now, I am saying:

ETN
COOCH (windows miner currently broken)

It would be great to add more to this list. Perhaps there are even better speculative coins than ETN to mine right now?

WTF? im using 2 rx 580 (1800 h/s both) and im getting almost 90 -100 per day in https://etn.spacepools.org/ ,

What is your hasrate?

I note a diference between pool payments, Anyone note it too?

If you estimate your earnings for example in http://electroneum.vip/#  got 92.61 ETN/day
in https://easyhash.io/pools/etn   got     46.30  ETN/day
in https://etn.spacepools.org/ doesn t have paltform calc but i got the 90 per day..

Why such a big difference?  The pool fee?

Regards,

zeef

Hey, Im new to mining. Could you tell me how you mine so much XSH? For example what are the stuff I need in order to mine like you?
Dougie_Jones (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:11:13 AM

I was mining a bunch of XSH for a few days, around 400-500 per day with nine 1070s, but now am getting less than 200 per day................this is on bigmine pool.  Is there a best pool and best algorithm to use with nvidia cards for maximizing XSH (Shield Coin) profits these days?  I see a lot of people using x17 on the bsod pool.  Is that the best route?

Also, this could be due to the price increase of XSH...............that was a good, solid coin to get in early on.  I only got in a few days ago, so missed a month or two of mining to build up a stake before the big rise.

Are there any other great prospective coins like Shield (XSH) that are in the *VERY* early mining phase, prior to any major runup?  I'm looking to get in at the ground floor before the major bull run happens. 
nsummy

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:20:43 AM

I must be mining on the wrong pools or pool port or with the wrong program or something................after only pulling in about 70 XSH in 12 hours, I switched to ZCoin on SuprNova pool.

On that pool, I only mined approximately $8 worth of XZC in 12 hours...................with nine 1070s chugging away......

What is going on? 

In the  meantime, I'm going back to mining ETN, but would really like to maximize the efficiency of my nine 1070s with an nvidia-optimized coin...........

I'm going to try the spacepools ETN pool and see if I pull in more than 250 per day.

What was your hashrate and what miner were you using?
nsummy

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:19:01 AM

I was mining a bunch of XSH for a few days, around 400-500 per day with nine 1070s, but now am getting less than 200 per day................this is on bigmine pool.  Is there a best pool and best algorithm to use with nvidia cards for maximizing XSH (Shield Coin) profits these days?  I see a lot of people using x17 on the bsod pool.  Is that the best route?

Also, this could be due to the price increase of XSH...............that was a good, solid coin to get in early on.  I only got in a few days ago, so missed a month or two of mining to build up a stake before the big rise.

Are there any other great prospective coins like Shield (XSH) that are in the *VERY* early mining phase, prior to any major runup?  I'm looking to get in at the ground floor before the major bull run happens. 

That sounds about right.  I think x17 is the best right now.  I am getting around 130 a day with 2 1080s, 2 1070s, and a 1050ti.  Keep in mind that the price has also doubled in the past 2 days, and its one of the only coins in the green today.  You can find a calculator here that will give you estimated payouts on all of the algos.  I am sticking with x17 since its not an option with nicehash.
Dougie_Jones (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:49:41 AM

What is the best pool (or pools) for mining XSH right now using the blake2s algo?  My rigs (nine nvidia 1070s) have been crashing while using the x17 algo, and I have had much stable success with the blake2s algo.

I've been using bigmine pool for blake2s, but recently the # of people mining balek2s on there has dried up.  Is there a better pool?  I've been trying the x17 algo on bsod, but I keep getting "illegal memory access" crashes with my .bat file on my rigs when I use that....

Also, none of the pools that I've found offer the ability to get email notifications when a rig is down ---- is there a good pool for mining XSH that has this feature? 
Evil_Jesus

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:16:15 PM

Pirl looks pretty good. Worth mining a bag, it is regualy top 5 in what to mine often number 1(whattomine). Strong growth. Ripple maybe, GOByte maybe, expanse maybe. It might be BTC or ETH that rockets again so it might still be worth mining a bunch of those with nicehash(BTC) or claymore(ETH).

Look here for some inspiration or reaserch ideas

https://whattomine.com/

or here

https://coinmarketcap.com/
rs1x

Activity: 284
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:39:23 PM

Pirl looks pretty good. Worth mining a bag, it is regualy top 5 in what to mine often number 1(whattomine). Strong growth. Ripple maybe, GOByte maybe, expanse maybe. It might be BTC or ETH that rockets again so it might still be worth mining a bunch of those with nicehash(BTC) or claymore(ETH).

Look here for some inspiration or reaserch ideas

https://whattomine.com/

or here

https://coinmarketcap.com/

you cannot mine Ripple.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: