Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:10:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you actually understand Ethereum?  (Read 2509 times)
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 09:38:47 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2018, 07:33:07 PM by TimtheYoutuber
Merited by herurist (1)

If you dont understand Ethereum, check out my free article Ethereum 101

Most people really dont understand Ethereum, which is going to be damaging to the market. I have heard friends and have seen posts even on here with people who are investing that dont even understand smart contracts, proof of stake etc

Did you know their are 2 Casper's?

When you invest in a coin, how much time do you spend researching it? I normally spend at least 3 hours learning everything I can from it before I attempt to make an investment of even $1. It is important to understand the coin from a general level, and if you can understand it from a technical level that is even better.

Positivebetting

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:44:39 PM

Check out my free Ethereum 101 course

Most people really dont understand Ethereum, which is going to be damaging to the market. I have heard friends and have seen posts even on here with people who are investing that dont even understand smart contracts, proof of stake etc

When you invest in a coin, how much time do you spend researching it? I normally spend at least 3 hours learning everything I can from it before I attempt to make an investment of even $1. It is important to understand the coin from a general level, and if you can understand it from a technical level that is even better.

Kinda this is how many people value the coin, most of them just skim through with decision being less than 3hours.... because they form opinion of other people, who in fact are looking to promote their coin because they all want to take profit at end thats why it could be seen as ponzi specially for many shitcoins out there. Or for instance you look some coin say like "we are private coin" and people will buy without taking their time to even read the whitepaper.

Thank you for sharing this course I will defenetly check it out. I understand basci concepts behind ethereum but it will be worth it at least if some this course point out some valid information for me again to understand or even if I learn something new. Thanks for sharing.

I will put this video course https://www.udemy.com/your-first-decentralized-app/ which is free on Udemy for developers who want or are looking to develop smart contracts for ethereum network. It really gives nice overview of how to code so you can continue your first steps and your journey.

I also suspect that you are person behind these tutorials really appreciate that you are trying to raise awareness of cryptocurrency and because you are making these to introduce people to this new tech + courses are free Shocked!
UnlimitedMoneymaker

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 09:44:59 PM

This is a good work. I remember how I tried to understand ethereum. I read many articles and a lot of information before I uderstand what does it mean technically. Thanks for sharing.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
Qrivium

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:53:50 PM

I just signed up and will check your video.  Trying to educate family and friends about what is happening and what the tech makes possible is difficult.  Hoping your videos will do the trick and if so will pass them on.  Cheers
justin86

Activity: 406

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:00:59 PM

Thank you, I usually don't know much about technical aspect of coins and it is really hard to understand ethereum completely.

TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 03:36:36 AM

Kinda this is how many people value the coin, most of them just skim through with decision being less than 3hours.... because they form opinion of other people, who in fact are looking to promote their coin because they all want to take profit at end thats why it could be seen as ponzi specially for many shitcoins out there. Or for instance you look some coin say like "we are private coin" and people will buy without taking their time to even read the whitepaper.

Thank you for sharing this course I will defenetly check it out. I understand basci concepts behind ethereum but it will be worth it at least if some this course point out some valid information for me again to understand or even if I learn something new. Thanks for sharing.

I will put this video course https://www.udemy.com/your-first-decentralized-app/ which is free on Udemy for developers who want or are looking to develop smart contracts for ethereum network. It really gives nice overview of how to code so you can continue your first steps and your journey.

I also suspect that you are person behind these tutorials really appreciate that you are trying to raise awareness of cryptocurrency and because you are making these to introduce people to this new tech + courses are free Shocked!

Literally the worst thing to do is base a decision off a an article that titles " X coin 100% rise, Moon, HODL". I love news sites and there are some legit ones, but you need to do the background research first. Some of the technology of the coins are not even really feasible, but it is easy to market to non developer people ( like myself ) so I like to gather information from many different sites that may even offer an opinion from a developer. After I have actually read the whitepaper myself.

If you have any questions you can always let me know Smiley I love helping the community and I see you are helping as well.

"Check out my free" Yes I am, and thank you very much I appreciate the comment.

It is sort of sad though that people really dont take the time to understand and read whitepapers ( although some may be long ) you can literally make hundreds of thousands if not millions on it.

This is a good work. I remember how I tried to understand ethereum. I read many articles and a lot of information before I uderstand what does it mean technically. Thanks for sharing.

I found it hard in the beginning because there are a lot of different aspects of ethereum, that are not all covered in most tutorials etc so I think the course helps people get the main information right away and then gives them a chance to reflect with the quiz. I appreciate the kind words, thanks.

I just signed up and will check your video.  Trying to educate family and friends about what is happening and what the tech makes possible is difficult.  Hoping your videos will do the trick and if so will pass them on.  Cheers

It is a course, that allows you to reflect with a quiz at the end. Thanks and if you have any questions or need extra help feel free to PM me. I am always wiling to help others,especially if you are going to pass the knowledge to others Smiley

Thank you, I usually don't know much about technical aspect of coins and it is really hard to understand ethereum completely.

Your welcome, and if you have any questions please PM me Smiley

Positivebetting
thecryptillian

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 03:54:59 AM

Check out my free /MQivpe]Ethereum 101 course

I think a majority of today's digital currency investors are throwing blind money left right and centre. Just take a look at the John Mcafee scenario. What a circus of clowns he has for followers. I mean do people even know who this man is? He is a raging drug addict obsessed with anonymity who has been strongly accused of homicide in the past. Those accusations carry some very compelling evidence btw. But yet, masses of people are throwing large amounts of money into anything he says.

It's a great time for smart investors looking to carefully place there money in the market.
Xtreem

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:56:01 AM

Awesome courses Tim!
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 05:05:27 AM

I think a majority of today's digital currency investors are throwing blind money left right and centre. Just take a look at the John Mcafee scenario. What a circus of clowns he has for followers. I mean do people even know who this man is? He is a raging drug addict obsessed with anonymity who has been strongly accused of homicide in the past. Those accusations carry some very compelling evidence btw. But yet, masses of people are throwing large amounts of money into anything he says.

It's a great time for smart investors looking to carefully place there money in the market.

Exactly which is why I think we need some ICO standards, and I totally agree. People need to learn exactly what to look for in ICO's and actually put in the time to research

Awesome courses Tim!

I appreciate it, thank you Smiley

Positivebetting
Rkoshay

Activity: 96
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:22:41 AM

Hi, I clicked on the link and it looks like I need to sign on to your website to take the class but I wasn't sure, kind of wanted to check it out before signing up for anything so I thought I'd see if I was mistaken in that assumption. 

Thanks for any information regarding that and good luck with your courses, might sign up in any case as it looks like there's a lot of information there.

Take care........
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 05:29:27 AM

Instead of understanding the whole thing, i guess i only has like 30%+- of understanding on Ethereum

The Word "Blockchain" is already huge and technical to understand the framework and details.
Ethereum is much more than a Blockchain, it has Smart Contracts and it allows token to be built on top of its chain instead of Forking to create a new coin.

Less than an hour? I don't really take much time on understanding the whole thing but the first layer like what it does, does it has use case and is it feasible.

However for project that i invest, i guess more time will be spent Smiley
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:45:33 AM

Good info Even i gone through same issue while trying understand ethereum and smart contracts even i spent weeks of time to understand and started experimenting with lots of fear and tension. But your article everything made easy .
thecryptillian

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 06:20:29 AM

Exactly which is why I think we need some ICO standards, and I totally agree. People need to learn exactly what to look for in ICO's and actually put in the time to research

Awesome courses Tim!

I appreciate it, thank you Smiley

Yeah your absolutely spot on. Speaking of ICO's, I'd be interested in your opinion on this company I am currently looking to invest in. I have missed the pre-sale but I like what they are doing and think I might keep a very close on them. They are called BullToken. I don't have anything to do with them, I would just love your personal opinion on them.

They are  creating a community of ICO investors and basically implementing some standards into ICO's on a decentralised p2p basis.
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 12:11:28 AM

Hi, I clicked on the link and it looks like I need to sign on to your website to take the class but I wasn't sure, kind of wanted to check it out before signing up for anything so I thought I'd see if I was mistaken in that assumption. 

Thanks for any information regarding that and good luck with your courses, might sign up in any case as it looks like there's a lot of information there.

Take care........

You do have to sign up for an account, but you dont need to add a credit card or pay or anything like that.

Instead of understanding the whole thing, i guess i only has like 30%+- of understanding on Ethereum

The Word "Blockchain" is already huge and technical to understand the framework and details.
Ethereum is much more than a Blockchain, it has Smart Contracts and it allows token to be built on top of its chain instead of Forking to create a new coin.

Less than an hour? I don't really take much time on understanding the whole thing but the first layer like what it does, does it has use case and is it feasible.

However for project that i invest, i guess more time will be spent Smiley

Its an interesting subject, like do you think 30% of Ethereum is general or technical knowledge. To me, 30% means you understand transactions and a small knowledge of smart contracts and dapps from a general standpoint.

If you can learn everything in 1 hour then thats cool, I just find it hard to believe you understand everything in 1 hour. Every day the market changes and it changes quick, so you constantly have to research the new developments, while keeping an eye on the individual coins and their road maps.

Yeah I mean I skim through whitepapers etc and dont spend 1 hour, when I first look at a coin. This is too just find easily spotted scams so I dont waste more time etc. However if it passes my easy scam test, I will spend around 3 hours researching it and then possibly making an investment or just keeping it in my radar.

Good info Even i gone through same issue while trying understand ethereum and smart contracts even i spent weeks of time to understand and started experimenting with lots of fear and tension. But your article everything made easy .

Thanks man I appreciate the kind comment Smiley

Yeah your absolutely spot on. Speaking of ICO's, I'd be interested in your opinion on this company I am currently looking to invest in. I have missed the pre-sale but I like what they are doing and think I might keep a very close on them. They are called BullToken. I don't have anything to do with them, I would just love your personal opinion on them.

They are  creating a community of ICO investors and basically implementing some standards into ICO's on a decentralised p2p basis.

Right away I find it upsetting they use the word "investor" in their promotional video. You are buying a token without any equity in the company, so I dont like there start already.

Let me continue diving in....

It doesnt sound like something I would buy tbh, because its like "Buy my token, and it will increase because we are profitable" However, you dont get an equity in the company, and so their profitability doesn't make a whole lot of sense to trickle down to a token holder. Yeah you can vote and thats cool, but this seems like another coin trying to pray on people that wanna be "entrepreneur investors". It really doesnt make a whole lot of sense for me to buy into it, and its not something I would recommend. You cant use the token for anything, from what I understand. And I read about 10 minutes of the whitepaper. I saw all the Karma stuff, and it doesnt look very good to me. I am more interested in tokens/coins/projects that are going to change the world. That doesnt seem world changing to me.

Positivebetting
Coin12

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

1st of May

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:26:28 AM

Actually i am new here so i dont understand how you did this so you have that state.
But as i know as trader or investor eventhough small trader, i only need profit. If etherium profitable then i will be investing in there.
About damaging market and other thing let expert more think about that.

》》  HashCard   ∥|▌ REVOLUTIONISING HOW YOU USE CREDIT & DEBIT CARDS
▌|∥     JOIN WHITELIST     ∥|▐
Whitepaper TelegramTwitterFacebookMediumGithubYoutubeANN Thread
inillo

Activity: 254
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:34:15 AM

Check out my free /MQivpe]Ethereum 101 course

Wise words. I do spend some time understanding coins and even more for tokens and ICOs. I understand PoS and I think it will have a big effect on all coins. I only know of one Casper although I know there are two possible implementations of PoS.
darrly

Activity: 165
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:53:42 AM

Im just new to ethereum and i read alot about it. Thank you for sharing this. It will be a big help for me.

KevenDabid

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:18:42 AM

I don't think I know much about ETH, and I don't even know how the ETH's smart contract is used, but I know that it's a bull market and that investing in ETH can make me profitable.

thecryptillian

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 02:13:20 AM

Right away I find it upsetting they use the word "investor" in their promotional video. You are buying a token without any equity in the company, so I dont like there start already.

Let me continue diving in....

It doesnt sound like something I would buy tbh, because its like "Buy my token, and it will increase because we are profitable" However, you dont get an equity in the company, and so their profitability doesn't make a whole lot of sense to trickle down to a token holder. Yeah you can vote and thats cool, but this seems like another coin trying to pray on people that wanna be "entrepreneur investors". It really doesnt make a whole lot of sense for me to buy into it, and its not something I would recommend. You cant use the token for anything, from what I understand. And I read about 10 minutes of the whitepaper. I saw all the Karma stuff, and it doesnt look very good to me. I am more interested in tokens/coins/projects that are going to change the world. That doesnt seem world changing to me.

Thanks a lot for giving your advice there. I agree with everything you've said and I hadn't really stopped to consider all of those things initially. If I were to say 1 good thing about them, I was watching one video where the dev team did a bit of a q&a, and they implemented that they were interested most in investing in ICO's that were going to change the world in  positive wat. Still, I think your right and I can see problems arising in the future, I'll probably think twice now and just keep an eye on what they are doing.
BLAST2MARS

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:25:13 AM

I don't think I know much about ETH, and I don't even know how the ETH's smart contract is used, but I know that it's a bull market and that investing in ETH can make me profitable.

I think we are hundreds of people that just know that Eth is profitable. I want to know more about it but to be honest, it will take  many hours for sure to understand it for people like me that has no background on programming or any tech related stuff so I'll wait for my local news to explain it all.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: