Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:07:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittrex estimated value in USD  (Read 146 times)
leeris (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:39:23 PM

Hi, sorry for my noobish question, but it makes me so confused..

Which USD value of my altcoins is correct? bittrex estimated USD value or coinmarketcap portfolio position (i set up a portfolio tracker)?

My estimated value of altcoins in bittrex in USD is lower than the actual altcoin value in USD on coinmarketcap.

I have 2 altcoins, XRP and XLM - when I multiply number of coins by current USD price from coinmaketcap.com, the value is higher than the estimated value shown in bittrex... why is it so?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
johnnywoo2015

Activity: 824
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:44:35 PM

Which USD value of my altcoins is correct? bittrex estimated USD value or coinmarketcap portfolio position (i set up a portfolio tracker)?

My estimated value of altcoins in bittrex in USD is lower than the actual altcoin value in USD on coinmarketcap.

I have 2 altcoins, XRP and XLM - when I multiply number of coins by current USD price from coinmaketcap.com, the value is higher than the estimated value shown in bittrex... why is it so?

This is because coinmarketcap is counting all prices from all exchanges and usually prices in South Korea are much higher than the rest.

If you plan to use or trade only on Bittrex, then it's clear. You should calculate by Bittrex prices.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
the artful bodger

Activity: 292
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:47:28 PM

Bittrex shows the price only on its exchange. Conmarketcap shows price that's the average of prices on all exchanges listing a coin.

There can sometimes be a big difference in price for the same coin on different exchanges.

Also, I wouldn't rely exclusively on coinmarketcap for an xrp price. It got it wrong a few years ago, which cost traders money. Either use the exchange(s) you are trading on to directly get the price, or double check it on xrpcharts.

https://xrpcharts.ripple.com/
leeris (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:07:48 PM

Wow so it seems that the most legit price for xrp is around 1.8 usd not 2.2 that coinmarketcap says. This is so new to me thanks a lot.

So if i would like to sell my xrp at highest profit, should i first check the exchange with a best price, send my position over there and sell it there? Exchange them for btc and then sell it on coinbase ?

Imfinnabeon

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

Decentralize The $15-Trillion Global Trade Industr

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:15:23 PM

Well what coinmarketcap is an averaging of all the prices that are available. I don't think it properly adjusts for weight as a result you must do your due diligence and make sure you are getting the right price.

Jemzx00

Activity: 1470
Merit: 546

Be nice!

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 10:16:30 PM

Every exchanges have different prices. Coinmarketcap gets the average of the overall market of the particular coin.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
leeris (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:23:24 PM

Thanks a lot fyi guys. Cheers.
dzkazmi

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:26:07 PM

Coinmarketcap value for a coin is average value for it, but bittrex value for a coin is for bittrex. If you have saved your altcoins in bittrex then you need to see bittrex value.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
GrandBcn

Activity: 275

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:36:26 PM

If you use bittrex for trades then you need to use their estimate, this value will be more correct for you. Use coinmarketcap for other external investments.
Despacito

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:43:41 PM

This is because coinmarketcap is counting all prices from all exchanges and usually prices in South Korea are much higher than the rest.

If you plan to use or trade only on Bittrex, then it's clear. You should calculate by Bittrex prices.

That's right and coinmarketcap takes the weighted average of the all exchanges listed in their system. The price you see on coinmarketcap is only to have a general opinion about the markets. It's not one exact price of any coin.
coinholic

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 11:26:49 PM

Coinmarketcap bases its prices from other exchanges in an average. Whereas Bittrex base on its own exchange market analysis which is almost accurate. Both are legit in terms of when a certain coin is included in their exchange, that coin becomes legit. But people seems to be leaning more on to Bittrex in terms of reliability.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: