Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:05:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Trading Help! New Here...  (Read 146 times)
kabizzle4rizzle (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:46:35 PM

Hey guys, I'm all signed up with binance, coin square, and coin base. I already funded my binance and hold a bit of XRP/TRX....just to get my feet wet.
Can anyone share resources on where I can learn about different coins, coin news, ICO's I can purchase. Swing trades and long term holds? I'm clueless as to where I can find info on this stuff. Any help or a point in the right direction would help....mean time, I'm combing through this site.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ItsEzMkay

Activity: 303
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:23:31 PM

Try signing up at babypips.com. They teach about FOREX markets but the same principles can be applied or the minimum loosely applied to cryptos. Good luck in your journey!

bizul

Activity: 1064
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:52:59 AM

Hello kabi,

Spend some time at coinmarketcap arranging columns to find the most appealing coin in terms of market cap. Start with new coins that are still at a low price. You can find the website of each coin there also.

I recommend looking for coins that are open-source that are decentralized and provide anonymity. I believe most coins will be abandoned soon if they don't offer transaction privacy and anonymity because any public transactions can be snooped by the government and taxed.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    OWN ONION   •  TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬  (✔) DeepVault Blockchain Notary   •  DeepSend Privacy Tech  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
Rouse_creationsHostel

Activity: 333
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:03:35 AM

Hey guys, I'm all signed up with binance, coin square, and coin base. I already funded my binance and hold a bit of XRP/TRX....just to get my feet wet.
Can anyone share resources on where I can learn about different coins, coin news, ICO's I can purchase. Swing trades and long term holds? I'm clueless as to where I can find info on this stuff. Any help or a point in the right direction would help....mean time, I'm combing through this site.

Hey kabizzle!
I'll give you some trader/investor advice:
- Have a diverse portfolio. This means you shouldn't just go all-in on one coin. You should buy 5-10 with most of your funds. Then with your leftovers, you can put into 20 other coins.

- Don't spend more than you can afford to lose.
- Usually don't buy on pumps.
- HOLDing is easier for your mental health and can be more effective than day-trading.
- Try not to look at crypto every day. You will go crazy.

My top 4 crypto picks:
LBC (LBRY)
DCR (Decred)
PART (Particl)
FCT (Factom)
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:13:43 AM

Well best thing to start is to have a look at the altcoin section of this forum

You can find ICOs here, mind though, there are a ton of them these days. These I use personally most:

Icoalert.com
Icobench.com

If you want to learn about coins, best is to either google them, look on youtube if anyone explains them or simply go on Coinmarketcap and click on the coin. On the left hand of the screen it should show some options (unless they don't have these) such as website, announcement (Bitcointalk) and other options such as social media if you look down a bit next to ''charts''.

I started by just buying a coin, then buying another one almost at random really, basically broke even. After that I got more familiar with exchanges, what different coins do, what kind of ''categories'' there are etc. I think I had some grounding in about 2-3 weeks. Its really just taking a plunge and doing a lot of research I suppose. Just click random coins and learn what they are doing and how they're doing, google things you don't understand or ask someone on the forum. It might seem a bit overwhelming at first but just bite trough it. The hardest part with anyting is getting started!

kabizzle4rizzle (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:26:51 PM

Awesome! Thanks guys for the help. I have a background with stocks, so I'm very familiar with the principals and fundamentals. All great responses! Thank you guys!
MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:25:49 PM

Hey kabizzle!
I'll give you some trader/investor advice:
- Have a diverse portfolio. This means you shouldn't just go all-in on one coin. You should buy 5-10 with most of your funds. Then with your leftovers, you can put into 20 other coins.

- Don't spend more than you can afford to lose.
- Usually don't buy on pumps.
- HOLDing is easier for your mental health and can be more effective than day-trading.
- Try not to look at crypto every day. You will go crazy.

My top 4 crypto picks:
LBC (LBRY)
DCR (Decred)
PART (Particl)
FCT (Factom)

Yeah, Decred has a lot of backing as a game changer to the crypto world. It definately has a great potential to receive traction among crypto users.
electrobit

Activity: 317
Merit: 81

Next to Full Member Rank.

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 10:32:39 PM

There are many sites about ICO news, at least the most important ICOs (or who pay more  Cheesy)

- I feed myself via facebook with the page criptonoticias
 - The website DiarioBitcoin (It´s in spanish, I comment it because there are may people who speaks spanish also)
 - The last, me and a group of developers are creating a project, you can check the project website in my profile Smiley

The Bloqqe Foundation
Businesses Age based-on Blockchain Technology.
gawer33

Activity: 309
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 01:47:25 AM

google technical analysis and fundamental analysis. try to watch on youtube on how to do technical analysis, indicators and how to read charts don't listen on above crypto is changing every day what good today might not be good for tomorrow.

STOP eating Oreo save the orangutans
https://www.orangutan.org.au/about-orangutans/orangutan-threats/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: