Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:15:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: 350 Direct Shares AsicMiner Available  (Read 2232 times)
bitsalame (OP)
Donator

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Preaching the gospel of Satoshi

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 07:32:35 PM

142G9EiSWxbzayTFoxffnEfZaiJTZSozBQ

I am bitsalame and I am offering 350 DIRECT ASICMiner shares to sell. As you can see, this message has been signed with my bitcoin address from where I am receiving the dividends, where it generates around 6 bitcoins a WEEK. I accept escrow, that's up to you. The reason I am selling them is because I need some capital for another investment. Base price is 4.5 bitcoins per share. All bids are binding. The deadline is Tuesday, Aug 13 2013.

HPjCCj6Uf7NvJqVW6UvvQ9RnLkV6FAcphr6V235GjRQuRw2UH31TeSIU+N9rnvF/lIWnZkN+tvQOnMHN242/BU8=

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitsalame (OP)
Donator

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 07:56:02 PM

Please place the bids following the format: price@amount-of-shares
mechs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 01:15:06 AM

3.5BTC@350 shares
TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 02:07:03 AM

3.5BTC@350 shares

You're doing it wrong.

sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 03:03:53 AM

You're doing it wrong.

On BTCT there are 329 shares available for purchase at or below 4.5 btc at an average share price of 4.342. Not sure who is doing it wrong.

TheAndy500

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 03:13:37 AM

You're doing it wrong.

On BTCT there are 329 shares available for purchase at or below 4.5 btc at an average share price of 4.342. Not sure who is doing it wrong.

I'm not sure how that makes a 3.5 bid reasonable.  If the starting bid is 4.5 and you bid 3.5, you're doing it wrong.

onecent

Activity: 186

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 04:56:46 AM

you should set a lower starting bid, considering the current market price, any way, interested and reserved Smiley
pc163

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 05:50:29 AM

base on the market price, i bid 10 shares on 4.1 btc per share
pc163

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 05:52:01 AM

4.1BTC@10 shares
mechs

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 06:37:31 AM

you should set a lower starting bid, considering the current market price, any way, interested and reserved Smiley
He has a lot of shares to sell and I am offering him liquidity.  It is very fair considering the auction ends on August 13th and bids are not retractable.  In 9 days when the auction ends the shares could be trading for significantly less on the exchanges and I will still be required to honor my bid per the terms of the auction. 
TheAndy500

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 05:09:29 PM

He has a lot of shares to sell and I am offering him liquidity.  It is very fair considering the auction ends on August 13th and bids are not retractable.  In 9 days when the auction ends the shares could be trading for significantly less on the exchanges and I will still be required to honor my bid per the terms of the auction. 

As long as you understand he has no obligation to sell to you, since your bid isn't 4.5 or more.

mechs

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 05:44:04 PM

As long as you understand he has no obligation to sell to you, since your bid isn't 4.5 or more.
He says base price is 4.5/share - i thought he was giving us his cost.  He did not say starting price.  Why would anyone bid over the btct.co amount and lock themselves in for 9 days?
zulover

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 07:06:36 PM

i just cant understand the benefit of theses shares
mechs

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 07:43:13 PM

Bitsalame,
   Is my bid of 3.5 BTC @ 350 shares accepted?
bitsalame (OP)
Donator

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:43:05 PM

Bitsalame,
   Is my bid of 3.5 BTC @ 350 shares accepted?
No, but I'll stay in touch with you.
bitsalame (OP)
Donator

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:47:44 PM

Direct shares will always have a premium over passthroughs.
PTs are PTs, if bitfunder or btct.co is taken down, your shares are gone.

Anyone selling direct shares less than 4.5 are giving away their money.
I am in no hurry to sell them at all, I can sit on them and invest with my dividends.
Adriano
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 1285
Merit: 1085

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 10:11:19 PM

Direct shares will always have a premium over passthroughs.
PTs are PTs, if bitfunder or btct.co is taken down, your shares are gone.

That's not true.
if btct.co is taken down, the asset issuer will use the last BTC-TC Shareholder Report he has received (they receive it once a day AFAIK). So the only issue to solve is the first 24 hours from time of trade and it could be minimized by buying just a few shares each day up to the amount one would need.

Also, PTs can be "transformed" into direct shares without any costs at any time if more than 50 shares or once a month if less than that.

Don't be mad at me, I just want to allow everyone to know the truth. My intention is not to make harder to you to dump your shares and my advice to you would be to transfer your shares to btc-tc and sell them there, you would be able to sell them much faster and with less risk.

Adriano

--
nomnomnom

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 10:36:04 PM

That's not true.
if btct.co is taken down, the asset issuer will use the last BTC-TC Shareholder Report he has received (they receive it once a day AFAIK). So the only issue to solve is the first 24 hours from time of trade and it could be minimized by buying just a few shares each day up to the amount one would need.

Also, PTs can be "transformed" into direct shares without any costs at any time if more than 50 shares or once a month if less than that.

Don't be mad at me, I just want to allow everyone to know the truth. My intention is not to make harder to you to dump your shares and my advice to you would be to transfer your shares to btc-tc and sell them there, you would be able to sell them much faster and with less risk.

Adriano

You still have a third-part risk with PT Shares. I am sure burnside is honest, but he is not only the issuer of the asset,
he is also admin of btct. So in theory he could do whatever he wants, move shares to his account and dump them for example.
Or btct can get hacked and the attacker dumps your shares - you don't have that risk with direct shares.
mechs

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 12:03:16 AM

That's not true.

Adriano

You still have a third-part risk with PT Shares. I am sure burnside is honest, but he is not only the issuer of the asset,
he is also admin of btct. So in theory he could do whatever he wants, move shares to his account and dump them for example.
Or btct can get hacked and the attacker dumps your shares - you don't have that risk with direct shares.
That risk is minimal - friedcat is a very honest man and if burnside ever did that, friedcat would take action.
bitsalame (OP)
Donator

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 02:07:45 AM

That's not true.

Adriano

That risk is minimal - friedcat is a very honest man and if burnside ever did that, friedcat would take action.
I believe that friedcat is honest and extremely reliable considering his history, but realistically any online investment is a extremely high risk investment in the fringe of legality, including AsicMiner's.
Security Exchanges (bitfunder, btct.co and havelock, etc...) on the other hand are directly illegal, so I don't really care if their admins are good willed, they can be shut down any minute just like GBLSE.

In any case, if you put a passthrough in between you and your shares, you are adding an extra point of failure.
mechs

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 04:24:24 AM

That's not true.

Adriano

I believe that friedcat is honest and extremely reliable considering his history, but realistically any online investment is a extremely high risk investment in the fringe of legality, including AsicMiner's.
Security Exchanges (bitfunder, btct.co and havelock, etc...) on the other hand are directly illegal, so I don't really care if their admins are good willed, they can be shut down any minute just like GBLSE.

In any case, if you put a passthrough in between you and your shares, you are adding an extra point of failure.
These will not sell at 4.5 or even 4.2.  Your best bet would be to convert them to PT shares and then sell them slowly on the exchange.  Conversion is free afterall
chriswilmer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 04:40:29 AM

They would probably sell at 4.2

I'm curious about his week's dividend.
Adriano
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 04:53:27 AM

That's not true.

Adriano

These will not sell at 4.5 or even 4.2.  Your best bet would be to convert them to PT shares and then sell them slowly on the exchange.  Conversion is free afterall

+1

--
mechs

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 04:53:35 AM

I think that would be the max and I don't think he would sell them all.  It seems like people are not willing to pay a premium anymore for PT shares.  The increased liquidity of PT is more of a draw than any perceived risk of PT shares.  I think burnside has earned trust in the community and most people expect friedcat would not tolerate him cheating people even if he did go to the dark side.  As a result, the PT shares have very little perceived risk associated with them.
Adriano
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 05:00:56 AM

I think that would be the max and I don't think he would sell them all.  It seems like people are not willing to pay a premium anymore for PT shares.  The increased liquidity of PT is more of a draw than any perceived risk of PT shares.  I think burnside has earned trust in the community and most people expect friedcat would not tolerate him cheating people even if he did go to the dark side.  As a result, the PT shares have very little perceived risk associated with them.

You can just buy PT shares and transfer them to direct share at no cost at all... so burnside has little influence in the process (just while you buy them and wait for the transfer).

Anyway, friedcat know about btc-tc role in the market and wouldn't allow any "mistake" from them taking advantage from investors.

--
mechs

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 02:14:26 PM

You can just buy PT shares and transfer them to direct share at no cost at all... so burnside has little influence in the process (just while you buy them and wait for the transfer).

Anyway, friedcat know about btc-tc role in the market and wouldn't allow any "mistake" from them taking advantage from investors.
Exactly.  I mean it would be a mess if burnside tried to cheat people, but it would not make him any profit.  All PT shares are is Friedcat sending the dividends to burnside's address.  If burnside tried to "steal" the shares, Friedcat would simply stop transferring him dividends until he sorted out the actual ownership.  Zit would be a huge mess, but burnside would not make a dime in the process, hence the minimal risk.  the only real risk is your btct account being hacked and the shares stolen, that would be something Friedcat probably could not help you with.  This would not be a worry with direct shares.
mechs

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 04:55:45 AM

Bitslame,
   You should have accepted by bid when I offered it. With the way Asicminer is tanking, you are not going to find a better one anytime soon.  Looks like the beginning of a selling panic in the midst - only news tomorrow that exceeds expectations will offset it.  Then again, friedcat has done that many times before, so I would not be surprised. By Thursday this will either be well under 3.5 or back up close to 4.0
TheAndy500

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:20:28 PM

Bitslame,
   You should have accepted by bid when I offered it. With the way Asicminer is tanking, you are not going to find a better one anytime soon.  Looks like the beginning of a selling panic in the midst - only news tomorrow that exceeds expectations will offset it.  Then again, friedcat has done that many times before, so I would not be surprised. By Thursday this will either be well under 3.5 or back up close to 4.0

He should panic sell because people are going to panic sell?  Good one.

Ozymandias

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:27:46 PM

Bitslame,

He should panic sell because people are going to panic sell?  Good one.

He who panics first panics best
bitsalame (OP)
Donator

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 04:42:44 PM

Panic sells? The depth of these exchanges is so shallow, that literally anyone can manipulate the trend up or down at wish.
There is nothing wrong with this company, and a price lower than 4 is just fictitious and makes no freaking sense. This week we had an increment of dividends, all the way to 0.024571 btc per share... and the market is crashing? Hahaha, damn fools thanks for the cheap shares.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: