Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:21:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Proof a major ICO here is a scam  (Read 150 times)
helpaccthakd (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:02:48 PM

Hi all.

I was forced to re-register here because my original account I have had since 2013 had been taken over.

Since these hackers are obviously more skilled in the dark arts of stealing than I am in the art of making coins with asics, I don't want to call them out just yet. I'm still in the process of 2FA ing all my accounts on the net. They have my IP and I have a lot of accounts to tighten up.

Can't prove they stole my coins (that hack happened in 2014) unless I can trace my emptied wallet to a known wallet they have. But I can prove certain posts I've made with additional data only I have.

These scammers are taking some serious $$ from unsuspecting users here. I was just gonna let it go because I haven't posted in a while but the thought of people getting scammed burns me.

Let me know how to proceed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yogg
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3158

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 12:44:11 PM

Let me know how to proceed.

Start by reading this thread : Scam Report Format (Use it to make scam reports properly)
And give us more details about the ICO ?
aTriz

Activity: 1218
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:46:31 PM

What ico?

Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:49:26 PM

These scammers are taking some serious $$ from unsuspecting users here. I was just gonna let it go because I haven't posted in a while but the thought of people getting scammed burns me.

What is the ICO in question? What is your old (hacked) account?
If you want to protect the users here, you need to give us at least that piece of information.
helpaccthakd (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:10:31 PM

What is the ICO in question? What is your old (hacked) account?
If you want to protect the users here, you need to give us at least that piece of information.

I will post all info if one of the mods I pm'd doesn't get back to me.

I still need to get my wife to change all her passwords when she gets up in the morning (its 5am here). I've spent all night changing passwords.
He hacker deleted all references to BCT in my email so I'm pretty sure they copied all my pass info too.
They held onto it for a while I think.

PM me if you want the ICO. I'll be up for a few more min.

My proof is irrefutable. I just know they might retaliate. I need to secure my home network completely before that happens.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:17:44 PM

I still need to get my wife to change all her passwords when she gets up in the morning (its 5am here). I've spent all night changing passwords.
He hacker deleted all references to BCT in my email so I'm pretty sure they copied all my pass info too.

My proof is irrefutable. I just know they might retaliate. I need to secure my home network completely before that happens.

Mods don't tend to get involved with scam attempts/scamming. Therefore, it would be better to just post the information here when you are ready in the correct format and any DefaultTrust/DefaultTrust2 members will have a look at the evidence provided and react accordingly.
helpaccthakd (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:23:31 PM

Mods don't tend to get involved with scam attempts/scamming. Therefore, it would be better to just post the information here when you are ready in the correct format and any DefaultTrust/DefaultTrust2 members will have a look at the evidence provided and react accordingly.

OK. Thanks for the info.
To be safe I won't PM my info out just yet. Sorry. My security is more important right now.
It still blows me away that people fall for slick marketing pyramid schemes still in this day and age.

All I can say at this point as I'm going to bed is stay away from any ICO's originating from Russia.

Stay tuned...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: