Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:41:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: managing private keys  (Read 264 times)
Tnt1971

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:21:01 PM

private keys is very important key scure the private key and store it in safe palce
Yes private key is very important security system for any tokens, altcoins,bitcoin and ethereum.my ethereum wallet provide me a secret private key which is managed by secretly.

♦♦  SokuSwap  ♦♦
──   I use Soku, do you?   ──

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yvonnegalvan

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:33:30 PM

I’m having trouble understand what should be a simple issue and that is the use of the private key.  I know how public/private key pairs work.

I understand that I kind of need an address for people to send me bitcoin which is associated to a wallet.  But, once I have a bitcoin it is bound to a private key which is nothing but a big long number but I don’t know how to get at that simple number.  All this stuff about seeds for restoration just don’t add up.  Just give me the number so I can take it off line and protect it.   All these things to scan and wallets to maintain just to deal with a simple number, just a string of digits. 

All I need is the private key number,  I roll it out, protect it, get rid of all this wallet stuff until the day in 5 or 10 years when I want to send someone my bitcoin. Then I create a wallet and address and put my private key into it.

How do I get at my private keys.  It’s clear I just don’t understand enough yet and I just can’t commit to a currency system with the just “trust us, it all works”.  I keep reading and just get lost in all the details.
By managing my private key is, I write on the paper, I will make a two to three copy of my private key, so that incase that i forgot if what is my private, aleast i have a backup.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: