Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:48:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Purpose of Remittance for Mtgox Deposits  (Read 2410 times)
bitreviewer (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 05:42:00 PM

Hello everyone,
                    Nice to see a booming bitcoin community here. I decided to get myself verified in Mtgox which has gone through as I wanted to get a fairer price for my Bitcoins Vs Indian Sellers. Now while trying to make a Bank Wire the bank asks me the purpose of Remittance and being in ICICI bank they have a list of purposes, and I couldnt find any which would describe my deposit. Help me out guys who've done this through ,.
Regards
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 05:49:25 PM

Now while trying to make a Bank Wire the bank asks me the purpose of Remittance

You want to send money to your mtgox account right?

I'm not sure but S610 (other remittences), or S810(Other Transfer) i guess.

All purpose codes are written here
http://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Banking/account-deposit/pdf/forma_A2.pdf
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 05:50:10 PM

Hello everyone,
                    Nice to see a booming bitcoin community here. I decided to get myself verified in Mtgox which has gone through as I wanted to get a fairer price for my Bitcoins Vs Indian Sellers. Now while trying to make a Bank Wire the bank asks me the purpose of Remittance and being in ICICI bank they have a list of purposes, and I couldnt find any which would describe my deposit. Help me out guys who've done this through ,.
Regards

All the best mate!
Do let us know if you face any challenges.

bitreviewer (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 06:23:30 PM

Thanks for your input, the A2 form on the website must have been updated as it doesnt match the one given to me by the bank. Annoyingly enough they have no ( Other remittences) and (Other Transfer) categories and S0610 is "Premium for Pension Funds" in this form. Well there's got to be a category for investing in new currencies as its not illegal.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 06:39:32 PM

Thanks for your input, the A2 form on the website must have been updated as it doesnt match the one given to me by the bank. Annoyingly enough they have no ( Other remittences) and (Other Transfer) categories and S0610 is "Premium for Pension Funds" in this form. Well there's got to be a category for investing in new currencies as its not illegal.

Can you tell what options are in your form? and no i think  they don't allow money remittance to buy other currencies ie exchange that's why Indians can't send money via western union.

Ps:

7) Can I remit funds for acquisition of shares in a company abroad?

A resident individual may make a remittance under the Liberalized Remittance Scheme for resident individuals upto USD 200,000 (for details refer to Q.12 below) for acquisition of shares (of listed companies or otherwise) or debt instruments in a company abroad.

In addition to the above , as per relevant guidelines, a person resident in India:

May purchase a foreign security out of the funds held in RFC account maintained in accordance with Foreign Exchange Management (Foreign Currency accounts by Person Resident in India) Regulations, 2000;
    May acquire bonus shares on the foreign securities held in accordance with the provisions of the FEMA or rules or regulations made there under;
    When not permanently resident in India, may purchase a foreign security from out of his foreign currency resources outside India;

11) What are the purposes for which remittance can be made under the Liberalised Remittance Scheme of USD 200,000?

This facility is available for making remittances for any permissible current or capital account transactions or combination of both. Under this facility, resident individuals can freely acquire and hold immovable property, shares or any other asset outside India without prior approval of Reserve Bank of India. It is not available for purposes specifically prohibited (Schedule I) or regulated by the Government of India (Schedule II) of Foreign Exchange Management (Current Account Transactions) Rules, 2000. It is also not permtted for remittance being made directly or indirectly to Nepal, Bhutan, Mauritius or Bhutan or to any country identified as a non-co-operative country by the Financial Action Task Force (http://www.fatf-gafi.org). Further, remittance for any payments in the nature of margin calls including for trading in foreign exchange are not permitted.

http://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Banking/account-deposit/Outward-Remittance/faqs.html#1
bitreviewer (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 06:53:21 PM

None of them match close enough. I'v gone though another post on an SBI to Gox bank transfer on the site, and it typlically illustrates similar problems faced. Well I have had success on 2 occasions before with ' Educational' Purpose  and with no proof given not even a letter, but that was with a popular private bank and with personal relations involved. So I really wanted to know if there was a legit way of getting through a Gox deposit clean.. Maybe not
buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1001

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 05:41:43 AM

Also just an advise, if you want to buy coins you should send money to Bitstamp at the moment which is around 10% low rate.

Cheers

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 10:08:40 AM

May be S610- Other remittances or S810- Others transfers & in "Please give full details" - Want to transfer money to buy bitcoins ?
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 03:02:27 PM

Wonder how the bank will react if that is the purpose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: