Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 12:43:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If anyone "replaces" BTC it should be Raiblocks not Bitcoin Cash  (Read 585 times)
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:11:57 AM

Avoiding the subject again? weather is rainy if you really want to know. how the consensus is better than Bitcoin in XRB? how is the generating new coins better than Bitcoin?
Distribution completed, it says on the main page of Raiblocks.net, this is supposed to be a viable replacement of Bitcoin? loling is completed, pure shitcoin only listed on 4 exchanges, 2 of them start with Bit in their names.

🖤😏
burnedbyfees (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:15:51 PM

Avoiding the subject again? weather is rainy if you really want to know. how the consensus is better than Bitcoin in XRB? how is the generating new coins better than Bitcoin?
Distribution completed, it says on the main page of Raiblocks.net, this is supposed to be a viable replacement of Bitcoin? loling is completed, pure shitcoin only listed on 4 exchanges, 2 of them start with Bit in their names.

Ask questions politely and sanely and I'm sure someone will bother trying to find the questions among your poor English and rambling.

burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:28:17 PM

You early bite Bitcoin. In the near future will make a number of changes in its code and everything will fly! Bitcoin was, is and will be a long time crypto currency number 1!

I thought the same with you. Bitcoin was , is and will be number one always in future. King of cryptocurrency is bitcoin no other altcoin can change it. All the exchange offer market pair into bitcoin not other altcoin. However if bitcoin will be changed and it will be changed by etherium.
Well there's 2 side of thoughts: mine is that Bitcoin, at its current stage, can't be fixed. Changing Bitcoin to work like RaiBlocks would have more chance that break it than fix it and taking an even 0.00001% of chance to break this now "virtual gold" is not an option. Bitcoin will unfornately stay like it is. It remains a safe investment as it will remain the first for all coins, but one coin will have to take over the mass adoption role.

I do not see why only those two altcoin are the only ones with legitimate aspirations to displace the bitcoin from its current leadership. In fact I do not even see in the near future that bitcoin can lose its hegemonic place as the most popular and coveted of all cryptos, although I have no doubt that eventually and by mere speculation some other coin could take in a temporary mod the first place in marketcap. In addition raiblocks is a very new altcoin that few really know, and there are still big projects to emerge throughout this year.
Well Bitcoin Cash is currently the one competing the most with Bitcoin because mainly of its market cap (Ripple and ETH are too different to be competitors)

Why RaiBlocks is a new competitors that should scare Bitcoin much more than like Litecoin or other coins that have the same purpose? Because RaiBlocks does PERFECTLY what Bitcoin try to do but fails at. RaiBlocks is a completely new technology that is far better than the one created by Satoshi Nakamoto. Satoshi did a good job but probably didn't expect his coin to be as much popular and before RaiBocks there was surprisingly no coin that could claim to have unlimited scalability. We now have a coin that offers all what we want for a mass adoption distributed currency.

That sums it up very well. Raiblocks is the only coin that could go to $20,000 and function exactly the same as it does now. Some people don't seem to understand this or why that's such a big deal, but it's a huge step forward for cryptocurrencies.

holly.ball8

Activity: 138
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:32:46 PM

To start I should say I don't think any coin can or should replace Bitcoin as the most dominant coin. Bitcoin started it all and we all trade and measure our portfolios in BTC. It has the recognition of casual investors and when the Lightning Network goes live the problem of moving it will be mostly solved.

However, if it were to be replaced, Bitcoin Cash is a pretty shit candidate. It offers nothing new. The only reason any of us pay it any mind at all is because it has "Bitcoin" in the name. If it were not for this, we'd all be scratching our heads trying to figure out why it's worth nearly $3000 (something which I don't think will last over the coming years, people will wake up and realise how unremarkable it is). It's value is almost entirely based on a few, very rich people pumping and manipulating it, something that could stop when they get bored and realise they've thrown enough money away on it.

If any coin should "replace" Bitcoin - it should be a coin that's its own thing. Coins that bring new features to the table. Apart from the obvious big candidates that are more useful than Bitcoin and BCH (Eth, Dash etc) there's coins which really could be far more-suitable for mainstream use.

Chief among them I think is Raiblocks. Despite being traded on very shitty exchanges (which it melted  Cheesy ) it's managed to become a top 20 coin. The main reason is no-fee transactions and low CPU-power footprint.

From the FAQ:

WHAT IS RAIBLOCKS?

RaiBlocks is a trustless, low-latency cryptocurrency that utilizes a novel block-lattice architecture, where each account has its own blockchain and achieves consensus via delegated Proof of Stake voting.

Offers feeless, instantaneous transactions, as well as unlimited scalability, making RaiBlocks ideal for peer-to-peer transactions.

The network requires minimal resources, no high-power mining hardware, and can process high transaction throughput.

To date, the RaiBlocks network has processed over four million transactions with an unpruned ledger size of only 1.7GB.

So rather than the big blocks vs lightning network war, Raiblocks is good tech that solves all of the problems related to sending or withdrawing cryptocurrencies from exchanges (despite recent problems related to a malfunctioning node). And while it's not exactly a low-maximum-supply coin, its supply of 133,248,290 XRB is low enough for it to act as a store of value. If it were listed on decent exchanges (Binance coming soon?) and if you could trade other currencies with it, I could see people doing all of their trading in Raiblocks. If for no other reason that it will be free to move around.

There are also other far better candidates than BCH. An outsider like Phore could also shake things up, especially when their marketplace (currently in closed beta) goes live. Marketplaces drove the early gains of BTC and Dash. With atomic swaps and smart contracts coming soon it could be an all-in-one coin which continues to shake things up (recent 10x growth).

Tl;dr:

Basically there's hundreds of better "Bitcoin replacement" coins than Bitcoin Cash, many of which actually bring something new to the table, so Roger Ver can suck it.

Nothing gonna come in once day and replace bitcoin. People should stop with the over hype stuff.
burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:35:43 PM

Nothing gonna come in once day and replace bitcoin. People should stop with the over hype stuff.

Another one who can't read, it's the first thing I wrote.  Roll Eyes

"To start I should say I don't think any coin can or should replace Bitcoin as the most dominant coin."

cryptodrei

Activity: 207
Merit: 10

The future is your Genome

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:49:36 PM

Agreed it should be XRB if we are choosing who will replace between the two,BCash is manipulated by roger ver and his whale friends.

oleganpetro

Activity: 798
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:51:58 PM

In xrb lot of problems with the wallet ,the developers themselves pamp it now,I don't think it will replace bitcoin.
burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:55:27 PM

In xrb lot of problems with the wallet ,the developers themselves pamp it now,I don't think it will replace bitcoin.

What problems? Webwallet is fine.

Developers pumped it? Really? Did they have a spare 4 billion dollars down the back of their sofa to pump from nowhere to 17?

Raiblock's growth is one of the most organic I've seen.

CyNotes

Activity: 199

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:59:38 PM

bitcoin must be replaced by other coins, i dont know what the real value of bitcoin has, as its mainnet is so slow and cant be used to real world, it cost so much energy but do nothing help, why should we support bitcoin
It's less fortune to you, all people here in this thread are already known about bitcoin so we supported it like other coins. It can be replaced with other altcoins but not as much as popularity it has.

Someone's trying to make 1btc in this year because for the price unstable.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]               Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program               [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●     TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
christianb35

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:17:06 PM

I totally agree that the wallet needs work and a new UI to be more user friendly and other than the webwallet Rai need a mobile wallet, it also need a complete re-branding (which is actually in progress) and it needs a new exchanges too (It will be on Binance soon).

But what is important to understand is that those things are VERY minor things, they will come very fast, I am ready to bet that XRB will have a shiny desktop wallet and a mobile wallet by the end of the year. It is also important to understand also that it is at a very early adoption stage (just a few weeks ago its market cap was bellow 1 billion)... partnerships will come.
micloop

Activity: 448
Merit: 114

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 12:12:19 PM

I heard that Raiblocks will launch mobile wallet soon, also it wins at Binance round to enter on it. I guess they are doing a pretty good work to pump that coin and I'll surf on it. Perhaps, it would become the number one someday. Let's wait and see, buyed, of course.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: