Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:35:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tether (USDT)  (Read 8530 times)
penig (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:26:51 AM

Since this is supposed to be tied to $, can anyone explain why Tethers value is not static?  I could understand a small premium (as it saves people selling to $) but i dont know why it seems to trade in a +/- 4% range this past month (and as much as 1.08) at one point.  Are people actually trading the coin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 10:30:37 AM

Since this is supposed to be tied to $, can anyone explain why Tethers value is not static?  I could understand a small premium (as it saves people selling to $) but i dont know why it seems to trade in a +/- 4% range this past month (and as much as 1.08) at one point.  Are people actually trading the coin?

liquidity crunches, or if people lose belive in tether, or when they cant buy goods for tether, because the supplier doesnt trust it.

(it was once hacked and 30 million tether were removed, but they are unbacked)

tether has to buy back his own Tether to secure value from those panic attacks, similar like banks have to give out gold when people paniked

the truth is that tether cant back his USDT with US dollar, they have become a real Bank with godlike power to create money out of thin air and they never had to apply and fullfill the unsolvable banklicense problems

regards

realsmans

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Transforming the Global Shipping Industry

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:35:51 AM

Since this is supposed to be tied to $, can anyone explain why Tethers value is not static?  I could understand a small premium (as it saves people selling to $) but i dont know why it seems to trade in a +/- 4% range this past month (and as much as 1.08) at one point.  Are people actually trading the coin?
USDT is equivalent to US dollar, but otherwise, it is still coin. Tether team is trying to keep it close to dollar price, but anyway there will be a little error in price.

Blockshipping  ────────────────────────────────────────────   Whitepaper   Telegram   Github
██  Transforming The Global Container Shipping Industry   ██████████████            Twitter    Facebook         
『 The ICO starts 14 May 2018 at 2 pm CET 』  ────────────────────   Reddit   Medium   ANN Thread   
lutcor

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:43:31 AM

I see nothing good in this project except fixing your deposit, but the structure of the project is very, very strange, because no one has seen their money. And hardly anyone can see them, so the project is rather risky.
KingScorpio

Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 10:48:51 AM

I see nothing good in this project except fixing your deposit, but the structure of the project is very, very strange, because no one has seen their money. And hardly anyone can see them, so the project is rather risky.

jep no one knows weather that money exists. these people secretly founded a bank, i tried making another tether but people are not able to work on a project, here they only can speculate or play world of warcraft

svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:01:16 AM

USDT is a centralized coin with a huge lack of transparency. When they was hacked and smbd stole 30M they just make another 30M from nothing. It doesn't backed or tied with anything. Do not keep your funds with Tether.

oscarrsm

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:05:41 AM

In fact, this is not a coin for trading. The fluctuation of the course by a few percent does not make much sense. Tether is used to fix money on the exchange, if the rate falls. If the cost of only one coin falls, then I translate the cost into bitcoin or Ethereum. If the top currency is also rapidly falling, then it makes sense to buy a tether, then to buy coins back much cheaper.
Hellobx

Activity: 224

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:08:25 AM

Although the USDT and USD are 1:1 convertibility, in my country, the purchase of USDT requires a premium of about 10 percent.

Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:08:36 AM

It is suppose to be one of one with the USD but what you are seeing is just a disparity between different exchanges.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
dij778

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:16:23 AM

Is USDT good for buying altcoins on exchanges like Bittrex?
Red-Apple

Merit: 655

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:18:51 AM

the problem is actually because all the things you said here such as "being tied to dollar" and "be worth a static price of $1" are only user assumptions not reality or what the creators of tether said or promised.

in fact they don't promise anything. if you read the website Tether is not even guaranteed to be able to be exchanged with dollar. it is just a token that happens to be $1 most of the times. that's all.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:19:59 AM

Tether is not backed by USD and thats why price is changing.
Also there are many rumors that tether is going to be the biggest scam in crypto history.
I don't use Tether and will not use in the future.
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:36:39 AM

I think it is about supply and demand, you can't keep them equally so there may be some fluctuations between $0.97-$1.03. It's backed by usd in their bank accounts.
penig (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:40:12 AM

I gave that hornet nest a good kick eh?   Grin

GrandBcn

Activity: 275

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:43:29 PM

Also there are many rumors that tether is going to be the biggest scam in crypto history.

Yes, most likely you are right. And Tether can be a fraud if everyone wants to buy it and put money into reality. But for today I do not see an alternative. Perhaps soon something will appear that is backed by real capital. And yet Tether conducted an audit six months ago, which did not show any big problems in accounting.
lutcor

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:37:11 AM

Yes, most likely you are right. And Tether can be a fraud if everyone wants to buy it and put money into reality. But for today I do not see an alternative. Perhaps soon something will appear that is backed by real capital. And yet Tether conducted an audit six months ago, which did not show any big problems in accounting.
Very privately, I see that people condemn the project of Tether but nevertheless it is still on all exchanges and nothing else is happening with it, that it is really unjustified and the people who created it simply take the crypto currency for air
Azzhan

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:38:45 AM

Because when the number of people who buy USDT is increasing, then the number of USDT is certain, the USDT will not be sufficient, and there will be a premium at this time.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:48:26 AM

Tether is a tool used to make trading simpler as it is holding it's value. However, a constant increase of total crypto market value is pushing it's price up very hard and in order to keep the price constant they have to increase the number of tokens which is in turn driving it's price down.

It is very hard to keep the value of something at any time, not to say at the times of high volatility. They claim to have an USD in reserve for every Tether to keep the solvency. But for how long?

I am not saying that Tether is not a valid tool / project (we are not able to check it though) but from the economical point of view it is hardly tenable.

lutcor

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:46:08 AM

Because when the number of people who buy USDT is increasing, then the number of USDT is certain, the USDT will not be sufficient, and there will be a premium at this time.
And how do you know how much money they have today? After all, no one knows this, just like we are with you, no one knows except them, so I think this project is a scam.
natasha-lev

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:50:52 AM

Saw not very nice news that Tether may face some problems with provisions. It seems very risky coin to me.
lutcor

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:47:03 AM

Saw not very nice news that Tether may face some problems with provisions. It seems very risky coin to me.
here is another person who also expressed that the project is very risky, well, then, why we need it, of course possible, it is best not to use that project because the risk percentage is very, very large.
lutcor

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:44:59 AM

I am very surprised to see this project, but I have nothing to say here. I just do not understand where they get so much money and no one just checks them. How is this possible?
faragly

Activity: 588
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:18:56 PM

130 million Tether has just been printed - first emission after March 22nd, so after a monthly break: www.omniexplorer.info/address/1NTMakcgVwQpMdGxRQnFKyb3G1FAJysSfz
CryptoRama

Activity: 453
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 03:02:20 PM

because of demand.... How can something be static if  demand is too high/low, they allways have to regulate it with how many tokens there are on stock... and as you can sse they are adding arround 100000000 dollars per week or two weeks... dunno, what's of this? Does bitfinex making even more money with that?

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
Dluretic

Activity: 224

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 03:07:12 PM

Because the dollar has been fluctuating.
Therefore, the price of USDT will also follow USD. Grin

teddyelwyn

Activity: 268

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 03:14:05 PM

I wouldn't waste my time with tether. Havven is the better option and they're completely decentralized/trustless. Also not pegged to fiat or gold.
klimenok1991

Activity: 756

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 03:29:10 PM

As far as I know, the tether cryptocurrency is created solely for the preservation of capital, due to a stable exchange rate. And it is essentially not traded. However, its capitalization is moving up. Many users find the translation of dollars into tokens Tether risky. One of the reasons is that it is still unclear why the Americans blocked the company's funds and how the situation was resolved in the end. I personally do not really trust this coin
enixon291077

Activity: 316
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:02:17 AM

New Trading Pairs ACT/USDT, HSR/USDT, TKY/USDT Are Available on KuCoin

https://news.kucoin.com/en/new-trading-pairs-act-usdt-hsr-usdt-tky-usdt-are-available-on-kucoin/
enixon291077

Activity: 316
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:49:39 PM

New Trading Pairs Are Available on KuCoin

OCN/KCS, OCN/USDT, DRGN/KCS, CS/KCS trading pairs on KuCoin!

https://news.kucoin.com/en/new-trading-pairs-are-available-on-kucoin/
NexoFinance

Activity: 8

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 04:57:40 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2018, 05:07:54 PM by NexoFinance

All Nexo (www.nexo.io) clients can withdraw instant crypto-backed USD loans using Tether (USDT).

More details here - https://medium.com/nexo/accounts-on-the-waiting-list-87dc772830ea
yurimir
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1044

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:32:36 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2018, 09:45:55 AM by yurimir

Tether Adds $50 Mln More in Tokens Despite Losing $300 Mln in Market Capital

Tether, the controversial stable coin that has been pegged to the price of the US dollar, has released a new batch of tokens worth $50 mln. This follows on from March where they released $300 mln tokens priced at $1 each.

However, despite being a stable coin tied to an asset like the dollar, Tether has lost over $300 mln in the past 30 days as its market capitalization has gone from $2.7 bln to $2.4 bln.

Controversial coin

Tether has had a rocky road since its inception as, being based on the US dollar, the understanding is for every coin that is issued, the company must hold in its reserves equal value in US dollars.

The issue is, despite its controversy, and the fact that there has not been any sort of strong and independent audit on their claims, Tether has become a pivotal source of liquidity for the crypto markets.

Tether is now in second place after Bitcoin in terms of highest daily trading volumes, seeing $4.2 bln in trades a day or 28.58 percent of all crypto trades, while Bitcoin’s average 24-hour trading volume is $5.7 bln or 39.22 percent.

But the allegations are that exchanges have been issuing more tokens than there are US dollars in the bank which could lead to a massive collapse seeing as these Tether tokens are being used to buy other cryptocurrencies which are being turned into fiat.

Requiring an audit

One of the reasons that the coin has lost value in terms of its market cap has to do with the coverage in the media that Tether was receiving. Tether said it couldn't get enough of media reporting because of suspicious and controversial nature.

However, after being accused of "lack of transparency" by the public, a law firm said in an unofficial statement in June that USDT is backed with legitimate US dollars.

https://cryptocomes.com/tether-adds-50-mln-more-in-tokens-despite-losing-300-mln-in-market-capital

Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:05:25 AM

Looks like Tether got some competition. First DAI and now Terra:

https://coincodex.com/article/2296/terra-stablecoin-project-raises-32-million-from-binance-labs-okex-huobi-and-others/

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
lifeOK

Activity: 308
Merit: 22

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 10:53:57 AM

Finally it has proved stable coin is not so stable forever, traded recently under 90c so Tether (USDT) always having risk!
dreamax25

Activity: 365
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 01:28:36 PM

Today morning BTC experienced a huge pump, probably from the reduced confidence in Tether which also resulted in a discrepancy of BTC prices between exchanges that support fiat currency and exchanges that use stablecoins as a substitute.

https://coincodex.com/article/2486/reduced-confidence-in-usdt-results-in-chaotic-price-action/
ThunderCatSteve

Activity: 770
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 02:58:34 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2018, 02:55:25 PM by ThunderCatSteve

Today morning BTC experienced a huge pump, probably from the reduced confidence in Tether which also resulted in a discrepancy of BTC prices between exchanges that support fiat currency and exchanges that use stablecoins as a substitute.

It's not so high but still noticeable since I think that 5% change of bitcoin price is not so much but still it worth because we saw it near to $6k which was not good until now which is $6.6k
Tether USDT and the TUSD are very good coins that people can switch easily to "fiat" into crypto and into the other side which I think has made people a good opportunity by making it much easier.
Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 04:56:18 PM

Tether announced that their new bank is Deltec, a bank based in Bahamas:

https://coincodex.com/article/2567/tether-announces-bahamas-based-deltec-as-its-new-bank/

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
Zero1One0

Activity: 625
Merit: 125

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 05:24:41 PM

I just use it for short term to preserve value in USD-like.
Rather than pull out crypto to fiat and then deciding to change fiat to crypto again will take sometime.

ShareRing        ███  █    Telegram     █  ███          ShareRing
██   The world's first trusted token for sharing services   ██
██   One way to pay for sharing everything ██   no matter what it is or where you are   ██
anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 05:26:44 PM

Tether rates are affected when you use USD to buy USDT on some exchanges that allow you to trade fiat money. And that is normal when trading currency.

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
DenysM

Activity: 714
Merit: 118

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 05:34:07 PM

Tether announced that their new bank is Deltec, a bank based in Bahamas:

https://coincodex.com/article/2567/tether-announces-bahamas-based-deltec-as-its-new-bank/

The question of whether tokens were provided with the dollar at all stages of the company? The question is open and there is no answer.
Please note that the letter is not signed by any official of the bank.
georgereyes

Activity: 77

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 05:40:25 PM

The market cap pop is what cause the drop in price but not sure why people sold at less than a buck. I would never have lol.
DesktopCommando

Activity: 486

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 09:32:38 PM

For this Communities Information - USDT is going to be listed free of charge on https://emblemvault.com/ 's DEX, due to be released very soon.

https://coinscribble.com/emblem-vault-announces-support-for-more-than-500-cryptocurrencies/2085/releases/34/

https://github.com/DecentricCorp/coininfoplus/blob/master/lib/alts.js

for more information have a look at our Bitcointalk page https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1652345.0
anatolij.shishkin
Copper Member

Activity: 995

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 07:52:47 AM

I think these are small corrections of this coin. According to the dynamics of growth or decline. Maybe such an insignificant bonus stabilizes withdrawal from exchanges with large volumes. I think if you need such information it is better to learn it from official sources.

hohuan101

Activity: 335

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 09:01:37 AM

Tether is a stable coin. It is guaranteed from the bank.

For example, if the total supply of tether is 10 tokens, and they guarantee that the bank is 10USD, then the price of 1USDT = 1USD. If there are 10 tokens but they guarantee 11USD then the price will be 1USDT = 1.1USD.

That's the reason the USDT price changes.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 11:52:23 AM

That is not why it changes, it changes because sometimes people sell usdt too much for a reason and it drops a lot however since its pegged to 1 dollar when it drops too much it goes back up and can't be dropped insanely low since there is always a 1to1 ratio that will be covered by the company which means if it drops too much people would buy it and sell to bank to make a profit whereas sometimes people buy too much of it for some reason but at the same logic it would not make sense to pay too much for something that worth 1 dollars which is why it drops back down.

So, it is regular market volatility with the idea of arbitrage right behind it making it move up and down but lately the news that usdt is not pegged 1to1 anymore made it move a lot more up and mostly down.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
jarhed

Activity: 672
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 07:57:20 PM

For example, if the total supply of tether is 10 tokens, and they guarantee that the bank is 10USD, then the price of 1USDT = 1USD. If there are 10 tokens but they guarantee 11USD then the price will be 1USDT = 1.1USD.

I think everyone agrees that this token is a very convenient tool on the market that will allow you to take profits.
deebawriter

Activity: 104
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 22, 2019, 09:54:59 PM

I recently heard that tether is going Launch Chinese Yuan-Pegged Stablecoin ‘CNHT. Is it true?

https://btcmanager.com/tether-to-launch-chinese-yuan-pegged-stablecoin-cnht/?q=/tether-to-launch-chinese-yuan-pegged-stablecoin-cnht/&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=socialpush&utm_campaign=SNAP&fbclid=IwAR1_uHUi9Pw97EK3FErMQQBlk49ibQ-JU8ZWCaFtyl8_o_GXd5AkbFn5BXk
muhhentuhhen

Activity: 352

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 05:59:37 AM

I think everyone agrees that this token is a very convenient tool on the market that will allow you to take profits.

Tether is centralized and depends on how positive users are about the dollar. This is completely contrary to the principle on which Bitcoin works. Thanks to pegging to the dollar, it can solve one of the biggest problems of digital money- high volatility. Sudden changes in value can enrich or ruin an investor, so many still do not risk investing in it.
Tether works on a stable dollar, and not with reference to other currencies. This provides higher cost stability in the market.
sunsilk

Activity: 2898
Merit: 620

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 10:54:32 AM

I recently heard that tether is going Launch Chinese Yuan-Pegged Stablecoin ‘CNHT. Is it true?
It's on the news and coming from the two most popular crypto media sites, coindesk and cointelegraph so it must be true.

https://www.coindesk.com/tether-to-issue-stablecoin-backed-by-chinese-yuan-in-belgian-bank-insider

https://cointelegraph.com/news/tether-plans-to-issue-cnht-a-chinese-yuan-pegged-stablecoin

In summary, they are still on the planning phase.

Google+

Activity: 2408
Merit: 550

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 12:43:28 PM

It's on the news and coming from the two most popular crypto media sites, coindesk and cointelegraph so it must be true.

https://www.coindesk.com/tether-to-issue-stablecoin-backed-by-chinese-yuan-in-belgian-bank-insider

https://cointelegraph.com/news/tether-plans-to-issue-cnht-a-chinese-yuan-pegged-stablecoin

In summary, they are still on the planning phase.
although there is good news like that I think it's still very difficult to make usdt do price increases, what I know is usdt is bound by usd price movements so for example rising prices that will not make usdt have a lot of price increases.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
sunsilk

Activity: 2898
Merit: 620

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 09:32:30 PM

although there is good news like that I think it's still very difficult to make usdt do price increases, what I know is usdt is bound by usd price movements so for example rising prices that will not make usdt have a lot of price increases.
USDT price doesn't really increase. You are right that it's attached to US dollar and that's why it's called stable coin. Everyone is aware that USDT doesn't fluctuate that much. But for this news, this is haven't launched yet.

I don't think that this is even a good news, those institutions can't rely to crypto's that are fluctuating much because it can cause them a lot of money, so that's one reason why it's the best solution for them if they want to involve themselves into crypto, to use and adopt stable coins.

Tallos

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 12:53:17 PM

I have seen that Tether is not backed 100% by USD dollars.  They claim to backed also by loans and other digital assets. It is not a problem at all until debtors will not stop paying their debts, but it is happening, right?

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
distr@yopmail.com

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 01:24:36 PM

I have seen that Tether is not backed 100% by USD dollars.  They claim to backed also by loans and other digital assets. It is not a problem at all until debtors will not stop paying their debts, but it is happening, right?
USDT is a stable crypto, it can't be like a fiat dollar, but USDT is a crypto that saves many people from huge losses. I think a day trader must use USDT to keep the value of their assets safe.

guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 07:43:21 AM

Tether is a project sitting on a time bomb and when it explodes, it would be one of the biggest scam of the history like that of bitconnect, tether has been over hyped for too long and their secret is beginning to open to people and one of it is what op and you have mentioned. They claim to be stable but we still experience some fluctuations a lot in it and I think it is just one of the thing they are using to make money, just like banks.

If I am to consider the real stable coin, I would be looking at USDC alone because this stable coin is what I have seen that their value never changes since they were created, so they are the ones that truly portray the real stable coin for now ill maybe other ones like libra is being released.
Psynthax

Activity: 2282
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 08:26:27 AM

It's a problem dude, tether gives loan to its affiliates without created any awareness to the users. tether admits it's not again backed by dollar and a big question is why tether still issue the new tether and this company keeps to distribute that to the market in one-dollar equal with USD? that doesn't make sense at all.
Flypme

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2019, 11:23:42 AM

We are excited to announce that USDT is available on Flyp.me, your instant accountless exchange.
Start flypping to USDT to 30 other cryptocurrencies straight from your wallet and without opening any new account.

Read more here: https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@flypme/start-exchanging-tether-usdt-on-flyp-me-instant-cryptocurrency-exchanges

Twitter: https://twitter.com/flyp_me/status/1167433789569667078

▬▬▬ . FLYP.ME   ❱❱  YOUR INSTANT ACCOUNTLESS EXCHANGE ●▬▬▬
❱❱ WEBSITE ❱❱ TELEGRAM ❱❱ FLYP.ME ❱❱
▬▬▬ ●  ❱❱  TRY IT NOW!  ❱❱  ● ▬▬▬
ivndnkn

Activity: 55

View Profile
September 04, 2019, 07:49:15 AM

We are excited to announce that USDT is available on Flyp.me, your instant accountless exchange.
Start flypping to USDT to 30 other cryptocurrencies straight from your wallet and without opening any new account.

Read more here: https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@flypme/start-exchanging-tether-usdt-on-flyp-me-instant-cryptocurrency-exchanges

Twitter: https://twitter.com/flyp_me/status/1167433789569667078

This service is scammers. Reference - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5088396.0

I would like to recommend to never deal with this services in any case.

Please support my flags here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;flag=657
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;flag=658
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: