Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:43:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think Giga-Watt is a scam ?
Yes - 15 (50%)
No - 12 (40%)
Don't know yet - 3 (10%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Giga-Watt a scam ?  (Read 4331 times)
server (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:11:39 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2018, 12:25:45 PM by server

I'm starting to believe that Dave Carlson and Adam West (Gigaminer) joined forces to scam us with their new company GigaWatt Pte. Ltd. Inc.

Their announcement thread: ⚡⛏️[ANN] Giga Watt: Best Home for your Mining. Starts today!

I would like to know your opinion. It's possible to change your vote later.

Also with this in mind, lawsuit -> https://www.silvermillerlaw.com/uncategorized/2017/12/28/silver-miller-sues-giga-watt-inc-ico-class-action-blockbuster/
* Gigwatt lost this suit and paid $1 mln.

Other customer experiences:
http://cryptomining-blog.com/9559-you-may-want-to-stay-away-from-giga-watts-services/

10x S9 rigs delivered October 2017 and Gigawatt promised to get my rigs online in:

November 2017 failed
December 2017 failed
January 2018 failed
Februari 2018 failed
March 2018 failed
April 2018 failed
May 2018 failed
June 2018 failed
July 2018 failed
August 2018 failed
September 2018 failed

Gdamn bastards Angry

But I honestly do not think that Giga-Watt will deploy mining rigs anymore [besides their "own"], so basically I/we got screwed again.

The ones to blame: Dave Carlson and Adam? James? West?/Gigaminer (what's his real name?) this gay ...again

BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dopert

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:24:31 PM

Don't think the project was prepered for all law terms between utility token or security token. It was a little gray erea. When project was initiated a lot off Fintech ICO just went for buniness.

It is not professional, i know. It also the fault of the goverment and SEC. They are responsible to outline the rules and not to point out how business must be down. So SEC look in the mirror and let it go for early bird companies and be pleased with all the free lessons taken. Make a quick deal and let it go.  Angry
cuteman

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:23:42 AM

I'm starting to believe that Dave Carlson and Adam West (Gigaminer) joined forces to scam us with their new company GigaWatt Pte. Ltd.

Their announcement thread: ⚡⛏️[ANN] Giga Watt: Best Home for your Mining. Starts today!

I would like to know your opinion.

GigaWatt Pte. Ltd. is a Singapore based company that just resells miners - mostly from Bitmain - at a low premium (abuou 10-20%).

They are real, and definetely not a scam.
mextrusion

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:35:12 AM

I'm starting to believe that Dave Carlson and Adam West (Gigaminer) joined forces to scam us with their new company GigaWatt Pte. Ltd.

I would like to know your opinion.

GigaWatt Pte. Ltd. is a Singapore based company that just resells miners - mostly from Bitmain - at a low premium (abuou 10-20%).

They are real, and definetely not a scam.

I agree, definitely not a scam.  In the long run it will be a great project. 

I don't understand why anyone would sue.  It only benefits the lawyers.
cuteman

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:03:56 PM

I don't understand why anyone would sue.  It only benefits the lawyers.

As I understood from the lawsue, it had been filled by the people who bought pre-sale tokens for 20 millions USD.

They hoped that token would significantly increase in price.  Now they are angry that unlike many shitcoins (Dogdecoin, Ripple etc) WTT did not scyrocket, and want to get a compensation from GW.  - but I doubt they will succeed.
server (OP)
Legendary

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:02:38 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2018, 03:45:09 PM by server

+1 not mining with rigs I delivered 4-5 5-6 months ago.
+1 stalling/ignoring questions.
+1 eth withdrawal showed fake tx and confirmations. Did not arrive in my wallet.
+1 targeting/scamming non-US customers.

Unreliable company because they try everything to keep my rigs offline.

[edit]
this post will be updated.
[/edit]

cuteman

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:29:34 PM

+1 not mining with rigs I delivered 3-4 months ago.
+1 stalling/not answering questions.
+1 eth withdrawal showed fake tx and confirmations. Did not arrive in my wallet.

Hmm, Giga...or Dave, you're reading this...reply Angry

Better to ask questions in their telegram support channel.    Dave will definetely not reply here   Wink  - he is busy with travelling around the globe considering talking about the bright future of mining  Cheesy
Abhi024

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:31:28 PM

I don't understand why anyone would sue.  It only benefits the lawyers.

As I understood from the lawsue, it had been filled by the people who bought pre-sale tokens for 20 millions USD.

They hoped that token would significantly increase in price.  Now they are angry that unlike many shitcoins (Dogdecoin, Ripple etc) WTT did not scyrocket, and want to get a compensation from GW.  - but I doubt they will succeed.

The people did not sue GW because of the price issue, but because they bought their tokens during ICO sale in June - July 2017 and we are in January now and they still haven't received any tokens yet.

I myself bought 1.1k Giga Watt tokens in the 4th batch of ICO sale by transferring 5 ETH and I still have no idea when I will receive my tokens. They were supposed to be released in September.
Hodlmachine

Activity: 20

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 12:17:52 PM

Giga Watt settles suit over crypto investment.

SPOKANE — Bitcoin mining host Giga Watt Inc. will pay more than $950,000 to settle a federal lawsuit brought by an investor in its under-construction bitcoin-mining facility in East Wenatchee.

The company agreed Jan. 19 to refund the original purchase price of investor tokens and equipment bought by New Orleans-based StormsMedia LLC, which paid bitcoin and Ether cryptocurrency then valued at $953,319 to buy into the project start. The deal settles StormsMedia's lawsuit filed Dec. 28 in U.S. District Court in Spokane.

The lawsuit…

Hodlmachine

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 02:23:43 PM

Yes.

Unable to vote.
snakey
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:02:00 PM

Yes.

Unable to vote.
Mining projects icos are douche like lending icos. I see they launched on cryptonomos platform..and interesting thing to note is tgat cryptonomos has only one ico on its platform..that is giga watt.
Hodlmachine

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 03:18:55 PM

Yes.

Unable to vote.
Mining projects icos are douche like lending icos. I see they launched on cryptonomos platform..and interesting thing to note is tgat cryptonomos has only one ico on its platform..that is giga watt.

I've learned my lesson.
Ylimina

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:02:56 PM

No.

They are guilty of overoptimistic projections and atrocious customer support, but it is most certainly not a scam (they actually got their shit together, only much later than they were hoping for).

Also, they didn't lose the lawsuit, they settled it for compensation they were willing to pay back even before the lawsuit (and got back their hardware and mined crypto in the deal).

-Y-
Hodlmachine

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 03:21:35 PM

No.

They are guilty of overoptimistic projections and atrocious customer support, but it is most certainly not a scam (they actually got their shit together, only much later than they were hoping for).

Also, they didn't lose the lawsuit, they settled it for compensation they were willing to pay back even before the lawsuit (and got back their hardware and mined crypto in the deal).

-Y-

This is your first post, did you make a new account just to post this convincing "No" ?

After 3-6 months they need to deliver or scam-yes-votes will rise in this poll.
Ylimina

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 06:14:08 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2018, 06:35:58 AM by Ylimina

[This is your first post, did you make a new account just to post this convincing "No" ?

Yes, I did.

After 3-6 months they need to deliver or scam-yes-votes will rise in this poll.

Their ongoing failure to deliver alone still doesn't make it a scam, just a colossal failure regardless of what's voted here. Turning into a scam would additionally require some proof of lack of any actual intent to provide the services that they were supposed to provide with the collected money.

-Y-

P.S. I partially take my words back about them getting their shit together - things were looking better at the beginning of March when they finally got the first new pods plugged and released the remaining WTT, but finalizing the next pods is still somehow taking them two or three times as much as they're saying - so they have learned absolutely nothing neither about communicating their velocity nor about actually improving it
server (OP)
Legendary

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 01:00:19 PM

P.S. I partially take my words back about them getting their shit together - things were looking better at the beginning of March when they finally got the first new pods plugged and released the remaining WTT, but finalizing the next pods is still somehow taking them two or three times as much as they're saying - so they have learned absolutely nothing neither about communicating their velocity nor about actually improving it

Nope, they're just scamming their customers and mining for themselves.
Because the boys never fail to fill their own pockets at the expense of their "customers"

These days you can find complaints about Giga-watt everywhere.

Reddit, Twitter and even on their own Linkedin page.

They should have helped these people but instead they give just bully answers, like scammers do.
Reminds me of Butterfly Labs behavior.

cuteman

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 01:11:48 PM

Are your 10 S9s still not deployed?
server (OP)
Legendary

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 01:56:59 PM

Are your 10 S9s still not deployed?

Nope, but thank you for asking.

Ylimina

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:16:52 PM

Nope, they're just scamming their customers and mining for themselves.

...right. Do you have any actual source to back that up?

These days you can find complaints about Giga-watt everywhere.

Reddit, Twitter and even on their own Linkedin page.

Don't forget Telegram.

There's no argument about people (especially Dash miners) getting screwed and losing (expected) money by massive delays and reduced rewards. What is unsubstantiated AFAIK is the claim is that GW is somehow benefiting from those delays themselves?

-Y- 
EmSshi

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:36:33 PM

BIG SCAM!!!!

I ordered Nov Batch 5 four L3 model.

It's not on the dashboard till now.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: