Bitcoin Forum
July 19, 2018, 12:07:52 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are this stats (temp, load) for my CPU mining safe?  (Read 162 times)
ilmank

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:12:57 PM

Hello, Just put my CPU to mining few minutes and this were the stats

An this are the stats without mining

Are the stats "safe"?
When shuld i worry? Is the temperature the most important? In wich temp shuld i be worried?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fapar

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 03:49:32 PM

Absolutely normal values.
The maximum temperature declared by the manufacturer is 95 °C.
When overclocking to 3.9 GHz (vCore 1,425) in a stress test with good cooling 84° C.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
ilmank

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:52:36 PM

Absolutely normal values.
The maximum temperature declared by the manufacturer is 95 °C.
When overclocking to 3.9 GHz (vCore 1,425) in a stress test with good cooling 84° C.
Ok, thank you so much for your response.
I will let it mine for an hour and see the max values.
Tristan1337

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:00:03 PM

Totally safe. I've run CPUs at 80c-90c for years without any negative side effects.

CPUs are super durable! 
shibob

Activity: 350
Merit: 151

POS / PRIMENODES

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 05:02:42 PM

CPU always passed duly tests for temperature which usually set at 90C. I think just guarantee your CPU working under 75C, it will be fine for 24/7 running.
My CPU which is mining as well, always stays around 70C. Your temperature is absolutely safe!

ilmank

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:09:24 PM

Been mining since 3 hours, and max temp was 62. Think im good.
Set Ready Go

Activity: 173
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:19:03 PM

I suppose you got the stock cooler, i set my cpu fan speed at 70%  for the R5 1600 OC to 3.8 and my temps are around 43-48 celsius  when mining monero.

ambient temperature in room around 20-25 celsius.
ilmank

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:42:15 PM

I suppose you got the stock cooler, i set my cpu fan speed at 70%  for the R5 1600 OC to 3.8 and my temps are around 43-48 celsius  when mining monero.

Yes, stock cooler and never touched or overclocked nothing.
I don't know what speed i have the fan, but max temp for now is 63 and it has been runing 4 hs now.
What coin do you mine with that CPU? (im new, its the first time im mining and i'm mining ETN)
Set Ready Go

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:24:50 PM

I don't know what speed i have the fan, but max temp for now is 63 and it has been runing 4 hs now.
What coin do you mine with that CPU? (im new, its the first time im mining and i'm mining ETN)

What motherboard are you running the cpu on ? anyways you can go into bios before boot up and change fan curve /fan speed for the cpu  that way you will probably be able to get alot lower temps for the mining.
Also try download Ryzen master program, easy way to overclock the cpu aswell u will get temp monitor.  http://www.amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master
ETN sounds like a good plan!
Myself im just mining XMR on it.  Its the same alghorithm.
ilmank

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:31:56 PM

What motherboard are you running the cpu on ? anyways you can go into bios before boot up and change fan curve /fan speed for the cpu  that way you will probably be able to get alot lower temps for the mining.
Also try download Ryzen master program, easy way to overclock the cpu aswell u will get temp monitor.  http://www.amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master

My motherboard is msi b350m bazooka.
Do you reccomend overclocking? Will mine faster?
Set Ready Go

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:35:24 PM

Yes try and overclock to 3.8ghz  but you might wanna try and set higher fan speed aswell. higher clocks higher hashrate.
ilmank

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:25:47 PM

Yes try and overclock to 3.8ghz  but you might wanna try and set higher fan speed aswell. higher clocks higher hashrate.

Shuld i set all 6 to 3800 rigth? https://i.imgur.com/YTIePP0.png
Sorry for all the questions
Set Ready Go

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:15:37 PM

What motherboard are you running the cpu on ? anyways you can go into bios before boot up and change fan curve /fan speed for the cpu  that way you will probably be able to get alot lower temps for the mining.
Also try download Ryzen master program, easy way to overclock the cpu aswell u will get temp monitor.  http://www.amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master
Myself im just mining XMR on it.  Its the same alghorithm.

Yes try and overclock to 3.8ghz  but you might wanna try and set higher fan speed aswell. higher clocks higher hashrate.

If you set the first at 3.8 the rest of the cores should change automatic, then just save and apply.
here is a video of the msi bios ,  he talks about the bios and at around 1 minute 30 secs he shows cpu fan curve thing i was talking about earlier. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZP94ydZG_w
ilmank

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:37:28 PM

What motherboard are you running the cpu on ? anyways you can go into bios before boot up and change fan curve /fan speed for the cpu  that way you will probably be able to get alot lower temps for the mining.
Also try download Ryzen master program, easy way to overclock the cpu aswell u will get temp monitor.  http://www.amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master
Myself im just mining XMR on it.  Its the same alghorithm.

Yes try and overclock to 3.8ghz  but you might wanna try and set higher fan speed aswell. higher clocks higher hashrate.

If you set the first at 3.8 the rest of the cores should change automatic, then just save and apply.
here is a video of the msi bios ,  he talks about the bios and at around 1 minute 30 secs he shows cpu fan curve thing i was talking about earlier. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZP94ydZG_w

I set it to 2700 RPM, it was in a smart mode that depending of the CPU temp the RPM varies, but now i set it to full 2700 RPM.
Do you remember what is your fan RPM?
EDIT: Ok, so i just set FAN to 2700 RPM, and then set to 3.8 after restart and pc reboot after few minutes of beeing 3.8
Ill just let it to 3.4, got a bit scared Tongue
Ill let the fan speed to 2700 RPM, it will give me less temp on the  CPU, but i guess that wont affect the H/s rigth?

Thanks anyway!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.