Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:41:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralized social trading platform for investing in real crypto portfolios  (Read 114 times)
Joohansson (OP)

Activity: 212
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:57:47 PM

I would like to brainstorm about an idea I never will be able to realize because I'm too lazy. Just want to hear some opinions. Ever heard of etoro.com? This idea is similar but for crypto. Would it be feasible to construct a decentralized exchange for social trading, ie. invest in high rated crypto portfolios; owned by real day traders? Some keys:

• Fully Decentralized.
  • Any users can trade with real cryptocurrencies like a normal exchange. At least 100 cryptos.
  • User A can invest in user B's portfolio with a special token. It will be like a contract and any gains/losses in the portfolio will be reflected in the tokens retrieved when contract is cancelled.
  • The tokens will automatically be used to trade in eqivalent amount of crypto in the portfolio at contract start. User A will indirectly be owning real crypto but controlled by user B. As long as the contract lives any trades done by user B will also trade cryptos owned by user A. When user A end the contract (at any time) the cryptos will be traded back into tokens and be given back to user A, with gains or losses as result. User B receive a fee. User B cannot end the contract.
  • Having a contract lets you rate the user you invest in. By a star 1-10 and with a comment.
  • A rating system will exist that tracks user ratings, amount of contracts opened for a specific user, how the user's portfolio is performing against the market and amount of tokens currently in control by the user.
  • A high rank will attract more investors with high token value invested. A good trader will not only gain on crypto but also gain from fees.
  • One fee at contract cancellation (if any gains) and one daily fee regardless of performance.
  • If your portfolio crashes, all your investors token value will crash as well. They can lose all their tokens. You will get a bad rating.
  • Fully anonomous exchange. Maybe comments should be allowed for opened contracts. Optionally disabled by portfolio owner.
  • Portfolio performance graph over different time intervals available for all users. Option to set it for public visibility. Option to allow investment contracts. Option for min/max investment/token value and max number of contracts allowed simultaneously.
  • High score lists with filter functionality
  • Some kind of reward system
  • It a win-win system. Active traders earn tokens and lazy traders pay for good results and don't need to be as active. Etoro has been a huge success I think.

PS. If anyone copy and build from this idea, you can thank me later.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: