Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:53:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Accepting bitcoin payments automatically  (Read 985 times)
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 07:29:14 PM

What options are out there for accepting bitcoin payments automatically?  What I mean is, without me having to hand over a new address to each individual manually?

I'd like to be able to just point them to a URL that gives them a bitcoin address to make a payment to, and then, as part of filling out a form, enter in the address that they sent payment to.

I don't want to use mybitcoin either.  They've been scamming people left and right, and I want no part of that.  Any other options?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
semyazza

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 07:38:45 PM

What options are out there for accepting bitcoin payments automatically?  What I mean is, without me having to hand over a new address to each individual manually?

I'd like to be able to just point them to a URL that gives them a bitcoin address to make a payment to, and then, as part of filling out a form, enter in the address that they sent payment to.

I don't want to use mybitcoin either.  They've been scamming people left and right, and I want no part of that.  Any other options?

Run bitcoind on your server and use JSON-RPC calls from a program to generate a unique address for each transaction.  Store addresses in a database and check for payment using calls to bitcoind to see how many confirmations are on that address.  After the set amount of confirmations release the item you are selling.
Belkaar

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2011, 07:40:52 PM

If you want to I can share some code that I wrote for bitcoincodes.com . PM me

bitcoinCodes.com: Get XBox live, PSN and WoW game time codes fast and anonymously
Android RPC client: Bitcoiner
Bitmessage: BM-GtcxVju35PGuD6es9vrF1SXtCVxScbjB
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 07:46:08 PM

Run bitcoind on your server and use JSON-RPC calls from a program to generate a unique address for each transaction.  Store addresses in a database and check for payment using calls to bitcoind to see how many confirmations are on that address.  After the set amount of confirmations release the item you are selling.
I was hoping for an established solution... I didn't really want to spend a bunch of time programming for this particular project.

Is there nothing else besides mybitcoin?
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 08:01:49 PM

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Category:Shopping_Cart_Interfaces

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 08:07:06 PM

Mmmmm, lots of choices, thanks for pointing out that list!

If anyone has any recommendations from that list (or elsewhere), please do post in this thread!  But it looks like this will give me a good place to start at the very least.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: