Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:09:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Fees Are Falling Amidst Greater Segwit Adoption  (Read 116 times)
mayurobin (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:46:15 PM

After spending the final quarter of 2017 ramping up, transaction fees on the bitcoin network have finally begun to decline. Bitcoinfees.info indicates an average fee of $15.79 to have a transaction mined within the next six blocks, rising slightly to $16.54 for the next three blocks and $17.29 for the next block. The median withdrawal fee from exchanges such as Bitfinex this week has been closer to $14 however.

While $14-$16 is still more than many people would like to spend, it’s an improvement at least over the $30 bitcoin fees that were reached during December. Estimatefee.com quotes an average of 358 satoshis/byte to move a transaction within the next six blocks. The number of transactions in the mempool waiting to be confirmed is now below 90,000, from a peak of over 115,000 on December 30.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
seizetehday5

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:18:16 PM

$30 only? I paid 450k satoshi for one withdrawal but I had no other choice as it was on a website and I needed the funds ASAP. Good to see Segwit finally getting adopted more I couldn't believe when I activated in October it was only at 3% then. I wonder what the adoption rate is now must be closer to 20% if I had to guess.

Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:14:41 PM

I am reading $25 here https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/bitcoin-transactionfees.html

Damage is done with me, no trust in the dev team or miners and no we do not need 20,000 miners
all doing CPU wars over a mere 7 transactions a seconds.

Total wastes of CPU so they mug us for fees instead of mining to earn a living

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Quickfant

Activity: 128
Merit: 27

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:17:56 PM

I am reading $25 here https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/bitcoin-transactionfees.html

Damage is done with me, no trust in the dev team or miners and no we do not need 20,000 miners
all doing CPU wars over a mere 7 transactions a seconds.

Total wastes of CPU so they mug us for fees instead of mining to earn a living

Any coin which has followed the concept of Bitcoin will be prone to these rising fees. Hopefully the lightning network will be introduced sooner rather than later to Bitcoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: