Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 09:40:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Banks blocking accounts related with crypto  (Read 448 times)
geyayy

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:41:56 AM

Even in my country, and my friends are telling me that the banks are somewhat starting to block accounts that seems to be involved in crypto currencies. However, I am not having any problem in my account, I can still deposit and withdraw money from cryptocurrencies, the one I am converting my bitcoins.

Kingofbitcoin12345

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:44:05 AM

In my country, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas "BSP" (Philippines) supports crypto currency. However a local BANK here named BDO (Banco De Oro) forcefully closed one bank account because of transactions related to crypto. The account owner reported the BANK branch to BSP. In the end the account was released and unblocked.  Wink. im so lucky i live here.

That’s good news and hoping the Philippines will soon legalize it like Japan does.. Most bank like BDO might feeling the hate now from this incident by the Pilipino bitcoin users community and I hope it will reflect to they’re net worth soon.. The BSP is doing such good job as one role model in taking action fairly in both sides and I’m sure the new government administration has the big effect on this..

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
fabuloveu

Merit: 10

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:07:54 AM

Am I the only one who heard that banks started blocking accounts of people that generated money via crypto trading or crypto investments?
The war Crypto vs Banks has begun?
I was told that same thing is beginning to happen in Nigeria. But this will only complicate issues for them. Apart from legal battles the banks will subject to themselves, the cryptocurrency investors will always find alternative ways of dealing.

The CBN of Nigeria has already issued a notice to bank to closed all account related to crypto from day 1. Their fear is that there are many fraud in the crypto world and they dont want their customers to lose their money. Remember the MMM ponzi scam was the CBN case study. All they are is saying is that bitcoin is a ponzi scam.

fabuloveu

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:12:46 AM

Banks are still at the win win side. Once you convert your crypto into fiat and send to your bank account, bank still charges some percentages and also they charges you when you deposit fiat into your crypto exchange.

Timeme

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:18:14 AM

Am I the only one who heard that banks started blocking accounts of people that generated money via crypto trading or crypto investments?
Maybe not Crypto vs Banks? It's the Crypto versus the state, because the Banks are also controlled by the state, so it's possible that the state has relevant regulations that restrict Crypto.
mashort

Activity: 281

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:52:15 AM

even in my country in Kenya, there has been a crack down on crypto traders especially in localbitcoins. banks are scared stiff
ClvrGmr

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 09:10:15 AM

What you heard wasn't true. Banks maybe not a pro crypto but neither they are anti. Cryptos are too many, we can't be specific to it and bank is centralized. You can't go to war alone.
Iyanu14

Activity: 795

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:41:17 AM

There must be something more to it. An account been connected to crypto shouldn't be blocked since banks are also investing in it.
Naoko

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:42:34 PM

What you heard wasn't true. Banks maybe not a pro crypto but neither they are anti. Cryptos are too many, we can't be specific to it and bank is centralized. You can't go to war alone.
I agree...it can't be true, because the banks are centralized, as you said, and I don't think that they would have started such war, because it will end badly
cryptopan

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:45:13 PM

I am from philippines some of the banks here are doing that,i suggest ask them in email first if whats their point of view with crypto and if they support it switch to them to protect your crypto assets.

__ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▇ █  TRADELIZE  █ ▇ ▅ ▃ ▂ __
█≣≣≣ICO Starts :April 17,2018≣≣≣█▃Your laser sword in Cryptocurrency Trading ▃█≣≣≣   whitepaper   ≣≣≣█         
≣     Onepager     ≣     ANN Thread     ≣     Facebook     ≣     Telegram     ≣     Twitter     ≣
Hopeman1

Activity: 154

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:52:34 PM

I want to know which bank has restricted bitcoin transactions? I only know that China has limited the bank accounts of several large miners.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
cryptotsunami

Activity: 114
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:13:30 AM

Almost everybody knows that it is happening specially if you are involve in trading or sig campaign. Every time you need money to pay bills , you ou have to cash out, if you have a bank account all you need is to transfer your converted into your account and suddenly those banks will give you a letter and interview you. Some of the banks will force close your account.
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:27:26 AM

Who needs bank anyway! If crypto communuty stick with bitcoin and patronize those businesses that accept cryptocurrency, then  there will be no need for bank! ALGORY.IO  is multifunctional trading tool for your crypto portfolio! Get ALGORY TOKEN NOW! It ends on Monday!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
gustaf.berg

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:40:52 AM

Even in my country, and my friends are telling me that the banks are somewhat starting to block accounts that seems to be involved in crypto currencies. However, I am not having any problem in my account, I can still deposit and withdraw money from cryptocurrencies, the one I am converting my bitcoins.

This was very much expected move from banks actually. We all know that governments doesn't like blockchain because of the tax issues. banks will try their best to abonden you and me from blockchain world but of course they won't be able to succeed.
nakamote

Activity: 210

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:04:36 PM

Yes this very alarming,my friend's account was closed here in our country because the banks are started to get alarmed by BTC's price.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 01:11:27 PM

Ive heard about it. Here in Sweden, to be able to transfer money you need to specify for what use the money will be used. If you mention bitcoin during this call you will be put on a list inside the bank. I can only guess what they will do with this list later on, maybe close our accounts or something?
rejosh

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:26:46 PM

I'm hearing the same, in Australia Westpac bank is apparently blocking accounts linked with cryptocurrency even thou they have also invested 75mill in Coinbase. Their is talk about a class action against them for anticompetitive practices as per section 45 of the competition and consumer act of Australia.
Interesting times ahead as the battle continues.

This is very interesting I hope us and EU won’t start this nonsense   

████████
         ██████████████
     ████████   ████████
  ███████               ███████
██████                     ▀███▀
████                               
██                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████                     ▀████████
██████                     ▀██████
  ███████               ███████
     ████████   ████████
         ██████████████
               ████████

GoNetwork=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
[
]
[
]

▄ 
                          ▄▄███
                    ▄▄█▀▀  ██
              ▄▄█▀▀     ██▌
        ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀   ██
 ▄▄█▀▀     ▄█▀     ▐██
██     ▄██▀          █▌
 ▀▀██▄███▀       ██
    ██▀▀█▄▄▄    ███
     █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
      █▄█▀

▄███▄▄   ▄
  ██                           ██████████▀
  ████▄                   ███████████▀
   ▀████████▄▄     ███████████
  ▄▄███████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
        ███████████████████
           ▀███████████████▀
              ▄███████████▀
   ▄▄█████████████▀

nter]
@ngelcryptopia

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:28:02 PM

Yes, this happened in Singapore where a major local bank stopped business relationship with coinhako, coinhako is similar to coinbase.

cryptotitan

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:33:12 PM

This is just a normal move from the banks,fiats are getting fucked up by the crytocurrencies.

gabbie2010

Activity: 2688
Merit: 326

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 01:42:35 PM

I was told that same thing is beginning to happen in Nigeria. But this will only complicate issues for them. Apart from legal battles the banks will subject to themselves, the cryptocurrency investors will always find alternative ways of dealing.

The CBN of Nigeria has already issued a notice to bank to closed all account related to crypto from day 1. Their fear is that there are many fraud in the crypto world and they dont want their customers to lose their money. Remember the MMM ponzi scam was the CBN case study. All they are is saying is that bitcoin is a ponzi scam.

The clamp down on crypto related account by CBN of Nigeria is unrealistic considering the fact that cryptocurrencies trading is legal and trust Nigerians traders they will find alternative means for there transactions that is the beauty of Cryptos "decentralization" the deals will be done anonymously.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: