Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:17:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Theymos can you please explain what rule I broke to get this post removed?  (Read 3793 times)
El Cabron (OP)
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 11:59:02 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2013, 01:12:18 PM by Chaang Noi (Goat) ช้างน้อย

Theymos can you please explain what rule I broke to get this post removed?

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

You can train a dog not to shit in the house, but you can't train a dog to not be a dog  Wink.

You were the mod reported for trolling!   Grin

I have no problem with BadBear trolling and insulting me, however should I not be able to respond?  If It was for being off topic then the insult would be off topic as well. Also the topic was about reporting to the mods so my post was on topic as far as I understand it.  

His insult is still there and was not removed.   I would just like to know the forum rule that I broke so I can in the future make better posts. I'm going to assume that I am missing something and that there is not a double standard here. I doubt Mods get a free pass on insults and trolling.

Thanks.

Edit: I would also like to make clear this was in the Donator sub-forum. I paid 50 BTC so I can post there and I do not understand why non-Donators get to remove my posts (or even get to read them). I also do not understand why BadBear gets to insult me in that subforum as he did not donate. If he wants to insult me let him do it where everyone can see or make him pay like everyone else.

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 02:40:46 PM

It was probably too off-topic. You could just ignore it this once unless it happens again.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 03:09:55 PM

What you'll probably want to hear: No refunds!!

To further excite dramatization I suggest you start selling rips of the VIP forum for us cheap folks!
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

You really are a drama queen, aren't you?

Mods and Admins are humans not machines that just run and script and check the rules, humans sometimes act out of impulse.

Maybe you post was just removed out of an impulse because it was annoying. It's OK if this happens sometimes, as long as it is rarely.

Just deal with it.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 09:13:53 AM

You really are a drama queen, aren't you?

Mods and Admins are humans not machines that just run and script and check the rules, humans sometimes act out of impulse.

Maybe you post was just removed out of an impulse because it was annoying. It's OK if this happens sometimes, as long as it is rarely.

Just deal with it.

Excuse me dude, nothing is more annoying than one moderator censuring posts.

If he displays this lack of control over himself others will easily notice he does not have what it takes to be in charge of any matter regarding people. And that is what is happening here.
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 09:22:31 AM

Excuse me dude, nothing is more annoying than one moderator censuring posts.

I didn't say that. I said it can happen that a mod acts out of an impulse.

Not that a mod can just censor how he likes. But a mod that reads 100th of posts a day sometimes acts quickly. Just don't make a big deal out of it if  they act wrong once in a while.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
Hfleer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 09:48:55 AM

Theymos can you please explain what rule I broke to get this post removed?

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

You can train a dog not to shit in the house, but you can't train a dog to not be a dog  Wink.

You were the mod reported for trolling!   Grin

I have no problem with BadBear trolling and insulting me, however should I not be able to respond?  If It was for being off topic then the insult would be off topic as well. Also the topic was about reporting to the mods so my post was on topic as far as I understand it.  

His insult is still there and was not removed.   I would just like to know the forum rule that I broke so I can in the future make better posts. I'm going to assume that I am missing something and that there is not a double standard here. I doubt Mods get a free pass on insults and trolling.

Thanks.

Edit: I would also like to make clear this was in the Donator sub-forum. I paid 50 BTC so I can post there and I do not understand why non-Donators get to remove my posts (or even get to read them). I also do not understand why BadBear gets to insult me in that subforum as he did not donate. If he wants to insult me let him do it where everyone can see or make him pay like everyone else.

Deleting the post is just a way to troll you more.  If he gets away with trolling, he probably gets away with that too.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 02:12:34 AM

I thought the number one rule for going hiking is not poking a bear with a stick Sad

Moogle

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

KUPO!

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 11:15:30 PM

That ain't cool like. Insulting someone then.deleting any responses they make.
Seen mods like it before Sad will no doubt see em again

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: