Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:33:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Money  (Read 141 times)
retooled (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:19:31 AM

I have been reading over the forums and following the markets for a month or so and have enjoyed the threads on all the various crypto info.

The glaring obvious pattern that has emerged over the New Year is that there is new money coming into crypto, but its not going into bitcoin.
Most of the alt coins have increased fairly substantially over the last few days and simultaneously bitcoin has been flat.

One of the common themes on this forum and the alt forum is that when money comes out of alt coins in gets transferred into bitcoin and vice versa. So a lot of the same money is just getting passed around.

Over the last few days bitcoin has been pretty stable for bitcoin numbers but coins like ripple and eth have done very well. So money is not coming OUT of bitcoin, but rather NEW money is going into something OTHER than bitcoin. This new influx of money is going into coins that actually do something.

I am not making any statements about the pros/cons of bitcoin, but I wonder if this new money is "smarter" in that there was some research put into the decision of where to invest rather than just throw the money at bitcoin. I am certainly no expert in any of this, and I have a very limited knowledge of all things cypto, but it doesnt take much to understand that the coins or algorithms that provide a function that someone or business finds useful, have more of value that something that doesnt.

And yes I know high transaction fees seem to get blamed for a lot of bitcoin's issues but I wonder if is more than that, and the new money is simply more educated. It does not take a genius to read over Vitalik Buterin's twitter and links to see how that guy is so invested in the success of his product. He makes it pretty easy to throw some money behind.

Discuss....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
carter34

Activity: 1302
Merit: 25

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:44:11 AM

The issue of transfer fees is the problem I think bitcoin is going through now and this is allowing altcoins to grow in popularity and value. The exchange of fiat to altcoins/cryptos is not really an issue, it is meant to be though it is facilitated by the high fees from bitcoin transaction. Thats the point, it is really creating a whole lot of investment ,signifying that 2018 will see tremendous growth for digital currency.
IdiotCoder

Activity: 193
Merit: 26

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:57:01 AM

Yeah, I agree. Alt-coins like ETH are getting more popular since the fees are less. I would like to point out though that this is because Bitcoin is way more valuable than the other coins. So, if you invested in Bitcoin years earlier, you would be rich. I do agree that the cheaper fees with other cryptos are bringing in a demand for those coins, but it makes me think that they will run into the same problem Bitcoin has run into with their high fees.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:00:31 AM

I do think the current fees are definitely a factor, but I highly doubt it's the only factor. Bitcoin's current state is well publicized, and it may turn off prospective buyers who believe it's a stagnant product. This brings altcoins into light and could be why money is flowing into them. It's the new year after all, and people are looking into entering new ventures.

Another factor may be altcoins surpassing Bitcoin in growth the past year. Bitcoin has been popular for its massive investment potential towards the end of 2017, but people are finding out that there are faster growing investments. We'll see. Money from alts are likely going to flow into Bitcoin when it goes on a bull run, as it always does.

jeffer8035

Activity: 251
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:18:41 AM

I believe that the security of each moderator or team and that they are professionals in electronic informatics and economics is what makes a cryptographic project work or take off have to be committed to it and the results will be very good both for investors and for those who say the project hat's what makes them investing in alcoin and etheriun that also have their own crypto

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
The_prodigy

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:43:35 AM

I have been reading over the forums and following the markets for a month or so and have enjoyed the threads on all the various crypto info.

The glaring obvious pattern that has emerged over the New Year is that there is new money coming into crypto, but its not going into bitcoin.
Most of the alt coins have increased fairly substantially over the last few days and simultaneously bitcoin has been flat.

One of the common themes on this forum and the alt forum is that when money comes out of alt coins in gets transferred into bitcoin and vice versa. So a lot of the same money is just getting passed around.

Over the last few days bitcoin has been pretty stable for bitcoin numbers but coins like ripple and eth have done very well. So money is not coming OUT of bitcoin, but rather NEW money is going into something OTHER than bitcoin. This new influx of money is going into coins that actually do something.

I am not making any statements about the pros/cons of bitcoin, but I wonder if this new money is "smarter" in that there was some research put into the decision of where to invest rather than just throw the money at bitcoin. I am certainly no expert in any of this, and I have a very limited knowledge of all things cypto, but it doesnt take much to understand that the coins or algorithms that provide a function that someone or business finds useful, have more of value that something that doesnt.

And yes I know high transaction fees seem to get blamed for a lot of bitcoin's issues but I wonder if is more than that, and the new money is simply more educated. It does not take a genius to read over Vitalik Buterin's twitter and links to see how that guy is so invested in the success of his product. He makes it pretty easy to throw some money behind.

Discuss....

i Think the only problem that is becoming a hurdle for a lot of people is the high transaction fees that is kaking it unpalatable to a lot of corporations into implementing it and is sourcing for an alternative with the same value but lesser transaction fee
louie69

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:23:03 AM

Discuss....

i Think the only problem that is becoming a hurdle for a lot of people is the high transaction fees that is kaking it unpalatable to a lot of corporations into implementing it and is sourcing for an alternative with the same value but lesser transaction fee

Basically, bitcoin is already considered a new form of money currency which is not controlled by any governments and businesses and users have the freedom to trade globally at no cost.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: