Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:42:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: The weekend is coming! The weekend is coming!  (Read 8753 times)
GeniuSxBoY (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 08:52:23 PM

SELL! SELL! SELL!

Grin

Be humble!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bb

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 09:07:21 PM

Grant

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 09:10:08 PM

Oh shit, i better sell all my 600,000 bitcoins now before weekend Wink
DamienBlack

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 09:13:18 PM

I actually did sell about 50% of my bitcoins for this weekend. I've seen too many big dips during the weekend. I want in on one.
Bitcoin Swami

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 09:14:16 PM

Bitcoin chat.

>> YOU:  lol yeah right?

>> Satoshi : Your awesome mayabong.

>> YOU: thanks man, hey the weekends coming.

>> Satoshi: I hear see that, I'm selling everything this weekend and retiring, with hookers and socks.

>> YOU: cool man

SpaceLord

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 09:18:17 PM

Here, we see an illustration of Paul Revere warning the British that BitCoins are dropping.
DamienBlack

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 09:20:03 PM

Here, we see an illustration of Paul Revere warning the British that BitCoins are dropping.

With bells.
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 09:25:46 PM

With bells.

With huge cowbells, no less.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjsUf_oIgp0

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
dinzy

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 09:47:19 PM

I actually did sell about 50% of my bitcoins for this weekend. I've seen too many big dips during the weekend. I want in on one.

I'd sell all or 1/2 of mine too if I weren't around to actively manage them.  Even if you loose a little cashing out, the security is worth it. 
csshih

Activity: 96

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 10:12:56 PM

He's on a horse.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2011, 10:18:41 PM

He's on a horse.

Yes, a horse named Satoshi.

Still around.
GeniuSxBoY (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 10:29:17 PM

Thread is progressing nicely  Cool

Be humble!
bb

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 10:39:44 PM

imperi

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 10:40:37 PM

I just sold all my Bitcoins. Should I buy them back at $5 or $6?

(just kidding)
GeniuSxBoY (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 10:48:48 PM

Hold your horses!!! Who said anything about buying??

Be humble!
Bitcoin Swami

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 11:03:56 PM

I'm sure these threads are very attractive to merchants.  Roll Eyes
DamienBlack

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 11:07:38 PM

If the price goes down, then merchants can charge more bitcoins. More = good.
SmokeAndMirrors

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 11:21:36 PM

Doesn't really make a difference as most merchants probably exchange to $$ automatically on the spot.

Help Bitcoins by buying clothes, technology, books, etc. through people/stores that accept BTC. This will increase overall value of BTC as well as mitigate unnecessary bank transaction fees.

My address -
1EM9HGg1SEa5Bux1rVEPxGqGSfNTTc9EkC
samr7

Activity: 140
Merit: 430

Firstbits: 1samr7

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 11:53:11 PM

Bitcoin Swami

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 12:00:03 AM

Doesn't really make a difference as most merchants probably exchange to $$ automatically on the spot.

Well automatically isn't really instant.  It takes like an hour just to get your bitcoins to your exchange.  Who knows where the price will be then. 
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 12:04:10 AM

Since everybody who's been around for more than two weeks knows that the price usually dips on the weekends, anyone buying is likely to be new. So what happens if the price doesn't drop?  Sell the rest of your coin and hope you can start a panic?  What if that doesn't work? Buy in at a higher price to stay in the game?  Quit? Wait possibly weeks or months for another entry point?  

Patterns continue until they don't. If I was a big player and wanted in cheap, I'd start buying in small quantities on Friday and build an invisible bid wall just below spot, letting the suckers bet into the case hand.  

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
DamienBlack

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 12:08:22 AM

Since everybody who's been around for more than two weeks knows that the price usually dips on the weekends, anyone buying is likely to be new. So what happens if the price doesn't drop?  Sell the rest of your coin and hope you can start a panic?  What if that doesn't work? Buy in at a higher price to stay in the game?  Quit? Wait possibly weeks or months for another entry point?  

Patterns continue until they don't. If I was a big player and wanted in cheap, I'd start buying in small quantities on Friday and build an invisible bid wall just below spot, letting the suckers bet into the case hand.  

I'd buy in higher. It is a gamble. I bet prices move down. If I lose, I lose a small percentage, if I win, I gain a mid-rage percentage. I just keep my stop loss low and I can't lose that much. Same thing as every time you make a trade.

And why would you do that if you were a "big player". We are all trying to buy at the bottom, what makes you think this "big player" is going to do a better job then everyone else?
n0m4d

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 12:14:24 AM

This.
imperi

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 12:20:41 AM

The price didn't drop the weekend all the way until right before the major gox incident happened. People were joking about how the weekend drop didn't happen.
DamienBlack

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 12:22:28 AM

The price didn't drop the weekend all the way until right before the major gox incident happened. People were joking about how the weekend drop didn't happen.

What are you talking about? Black friday was the biggest weekend drop of all, and there are at least three, clear, weekend drops before that. The week right before black friday is one of the only exceptions in the last 6 weeks.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 12:32:43 AM

I'd buy in higher. It is a gamble. I bet prices move down. If I lose, I lose a small percentage, if I win, I gain a mid-rage percentage. I just keep my stop loss low and I can't lose that much. Same thing as every time you make a trade.

And why would you do that if you were a "big player". We are all trying to buy at the bottom, what makes you think this "big player" is going to do a better job then everyone else?

A Big Kahuna can absorb any dip except a stampede and has considerable ability to prevent a stampede. A giant bear could do the same in the other direction, but those have likely all cashed out already.

Black Friday was a Black Swan. Not much to be learned there except put in a huge order at $0.03/BTC. The market doesn't have to stay perfectly even for your BTFD play to backfire. It just has to drop less than you anticipate before heading back up for good.

insert coin here:

imperi

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 12:36:29 AM

What are you talking about? Black friday was the biggest weekend drop of all, and there are at least three, clear, weekend drops before that. The week right before black friday is one of the only exceptions in the last 6 weeks.

Ok, it did fall when Friday just began, but it rebounded quite a bit to $17 by the end of Sunday when the attack happened.
DamienBlack

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 12:39:09 AM

A Big Kahuna can absorb any dip except a stampede and has considerable ability to prevent a stampede. A giant bear could do the same in the other direction, but those have likely all cashed out already.

Black Friday was a Black Swan. Not much to be learned there except put in a huge order at $0.03/BTC. The market doesn't have to stay perfectly even for your BTFD play to backfire. It just has to drop less than you anticipate before heading back up for good.

By "black friday" I'm referring to the $30-$10 event, not the hackcrash. I am well aware that the position can move against me, that is how markets work. But I'm already $0.80/BTC up and the weekend hasn't even started. Normally I'd close my position here and rebuy (as long is my default position), but I'm going to try to leave it open for a bigger weekend swing.  And I have closed 10%, which is enough to cover any minor losses if prices soar.

All in all, good bet so far. You can't trade if you expect to win every time. You have to take the earnings with the losses and try to come out black.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 12:56:36 AM

By "black friday" I'm referring to the $30-$10 event, not the hackcrash. I am well aware that the position can move against me, that is how markets work. But I'm already $0.80/BTC up and the weekend hasn't even started. Normally I'd close my position here and rebuy (as long is my default position), but I'm going to try to leave it open for a bigger weekend swing.  And I have closed 10%, which is enough to cover any minor losses if prices soar.

All in all, good bet so far. You can't trade if you expect to win every time. You have to take the earnings with the losses and try to come out black.

All well and good until the commissions grind you down. I faced the same problem playing poker. I could beat the players, but not the rake. I have some orders in on campbx.com with no fees charged currently.  Low volume, but I'm not playing with much anyway.

insert coin here:

DamienBlack

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 01:15:05 AM

All well and good until the commissions grind you down. I faced the same problem playing poker. I could beat the players, but not the rake. I have some orders in on campbx.com with no fees charged currently.  Low volume, but I'm not playing with much anyway.

0 commission at mt gox right now. Pretty good trading. Has made me a lot more active.
imperi

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 01:17:09 AM

All well and good until the commissions grind you down. I faced the same problem playing poker. I could beat the players, but not the rake. I have some orders in on campbx.com with no fees charged currently.  Low volume, but I'm not playing with much anyway.

0 commission at mt gox right now. Pretty good trading. Has made me a lot more active.

I'm very happy that trading volume has been so high at Mtgox. Over a million dollars were traded yesterday. Confidence in exchanges is necessary for Bitcoin to grow.
Bitcoin Swami

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 01:20:18 AM

People will just make sure that they have money into the exchanges before the weekend eventually.
Batouzo

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 01:34:38 AM

The weeekend approaches!

SELL SELL SELL!!!  SELL SELL SELL!!!   SELL SELL SELL!!!    SELL SELL SELL!!!

SELL SELL SELL!!!  SELL SELL SELL!!!   SELL SELL SELL!!!    SELL SELL SELL!!!

billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 01:42:13 AM

People will just make sure that they have money into the exchanges before the weekend eventually.

DING DING DING! we have a winner!

insert coin here:

bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 01:44:58 AM

imperi

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 01:57:52 AM

Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 02:02:11 AM

Who is the mysterious, dumb "other" group of people that suddenly panics *every* single weekend?

Why is someone out there volunteering to enrich day traders?
(I'm not complaining. This is just an honest question)

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 02:05:29 AM

Who is the mysterious, dumb "other" group of people that suddenly panics *every* single weekend?

Why is someone out there volunteering to enrich day traders?
(I'm not complaining. This is just an honest question)

Newbies. Greenhorns. Rookies. Fresh meat.

insert coin here:

imperi

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 02:07:11 AM

Prices just dropped from 14.90 to 14.89... it's happening guys. Sell before it's too late! Sell sell sell.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 02:08:00 AM

Prices just dropped from 14.90 to 14.89... it's happening guys. Sell before it's too late! Sell sell sell.

14.91!  Rally is back!  Buy now!

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
imperi

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 02:08:34 AM

That's a bubble. Please don't confuse people.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 02:10:32 AM

That's a bubble. Please don't confuse people.

It popped.  We're down to 14.88.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Houdini

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 02:22:50 AM

SELL! SELL! SELL!

Grin
Has any one of you jokers noticed that the price line was completely flat during the last weekend (sat - mon) and then took a Big Dip during tuesday and wednesday ?
I think 90% of the people in this thread are greedy traders trying to instill panic in newbs so they sell out before the weekend and therefore crash the price so they can buy up cheap ! Which will probably work.
Just keep in mind anyone reading this thread - EVERYONE has their own interests, so trust no one ! (like Mel Gibson in "Conspiracy Theory")
imperi

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 02:28:11 AM

The price is down to 14.84... less typing, more selling. The end is nigh.
wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 02:37:27 AM

It's those mysterious people in the "other" mining pool, I hear they live under the stairs.

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
imperi

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 02:41:39 AM

It's those mysterious people in the "other" mining pool, I hear they live under the stairs.

Other is that boy in Afghanistan running his computer all night long, praying he will hit a block to pay for his next dinner. Other is the homeless man mining on a library computer as long as he can before they kick him out. There are countless examples.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 02:46:14 AM

There is a rumor going around that Watson, the IBM supercomputer has been reconfigured to mine eleventeen thousand BTC/hr and flood the market! Get our why you still can!!!!!!!

What good are bitcoin when the asteroid/zombie/radical Muslim velociraptor apocalypse comes?

insert coin here:

DamienBlack

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 03:22:51 AM

Has any one of you jokers noticed that the price line was completely flat during the last weekend (sat - mon) and then took a Big Dip during tuesday and wednesday ?
I think 90% of the people in this thread are greedy traders trying to instill panic in newbs so they sell out before the weekend and therefore crash the price so they can buy up cheap ! Which will probably work.
Just keep in mind anyone reading this thread - EVERYONE has their own interests, so trust no one ! (like Mel Gibson in "Conspiracy Theory")

Don't know what you call "flat" but it went from $16.80 to $15.50, then went down to $13.5 on monday (an extended weekend due to the 4th of july).
sadpandatech

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 03:28:48 AM

Don't know what you call "flat" but it went from $16.80 to $15.50, then went down to $13.5 on monday (an extended weekend due to the 4th of july).

^^ Truth. He speaks it.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

Houdini

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 04:10:48 AM

As you can clearly see here, first a significant fall (from ~17 to ~15.5) just before the weekend (on thursday and friday), then completely flat during the weekend (saturday and sunday), then a huge fall down to 11.5 on tuesday and big rise until wednesday evening (GMT).
Mondays are not weekends whatever holiday it is. Weekends last two days - saturday and sunday, and this dip lasted 6 days (you could say it's still going on since it was around a stable 17 for almost a week before that and it still hasn't come back to 17), and it actually completely paused and stagnated during the weekend (I thought that was it, and that it was going to rise in the beginning of the week, but then it started to fall even more).
This weekend completely blasts the theory about weekend slumps out of the water (at least for this weekend). But bitcoin is in truth still too unpredictable for any dependable patterns.
Bitcoin Swami

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 04:25:33 AM

^^^ Truth he shows it.
sadpandatech

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 03:14:07 PM

^^^ Truth he shows it.

*adverts his eyes away from the truth*

- GA

Tx2000

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 03:28:32 PM

There is no graph.
LeFBI

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 03:29:23 PM

It's Friday,Friday, Friday....

Please everyone SELL! so i can buy low
supersonic3974

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 03:30:55 PM

^^^ Truth he shows it.

What has been seen cannot be unseen!   Shocked
supersonic3974

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 03:31:43 PM

It's Friday,Friday, Friday....

Please everyone SELL! so i can buy low

It's gotta go down on Friday!
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 04:01:21 PM

MySQL error!! Everybody's selling, SELL!

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Houdini

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 04:46:47 PM

^^^ Truth he shows it.

What has been seen cannot be unseen!   Shocked
Believe me, I desperately WISH I could unsee some of the things I've seen in my life !
Bitman_Begins

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 05:03:01 PM

Oh my god, 14.60997 where we headed to now?? up...or....down!?!?!?!?  Lips sealed Undecided

Want to join Tradehill.com? Please use this referral code as you join: TH-R18919

Join the Bitcoin Randomizer using this link and start winning Bitcoins! http://rand.bitcat.ch/?ref=128

Tip me! 1NBN21CDpuc6Gyns2oqRjDSvxaanMeYfbY
StewartJ

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 06:20:38 PM

Seems like we get big swings once or twice a week at the most to make it worthwhile for the buys and sells.

This is Intraday trading territory, not hour to hour trading.

Thoughts?

sadpandatech

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 06:32:30 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2011, 07:04:48 PM by sadpandatech

Seems like we get big swings once or twice a week at the most to make it worthwhile for the buys and sells.

This is Intraday trading territory, not hour to hour trading.

Thoughts?

This here be the Intraweekend trading territory thread. yarrrrrrrrrrrr

- GA

GeniuSxBoY (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 06:38:21 PM

Oh my god, 14.60997 where we headed to now?? up...or....down!?!?!?!?  Lips sealed Undecided

Be humble!
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 06:55:25 PM

weekend maddess

bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 07:18:14 PM

i'm going to wait for the usual mid-week sell off and then buy at $10.
Houdini

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 09:13:20 PM

Thoughts?
I'm thinking if someone were to sell caffeine / Red Bull / adrenaline injections on this forum they could make a  killing...  Undecided
We all need a vacation...  Smiley
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 09:21:53 PM

i'm going to wait for the usual mid-week sell off and then buy at $10.

Not. gonna. happen. I've had buy orders in for two days now around &14 and so far only 5.7 BTC bought. There are mountains of people looking for bargains. 10,000 coins dumped onto the market at once wouldn't bring it down to $10.

insert coin here:

triforcelink

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 01:26:27 AM

You guys are a bunch of know-nothings! everybody knows that you got to buy high and sell low!

edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2011, 05:24:43 AM

Thoughts?
I'm thinking if someone were to sell caffeine / Red Bull / adrenaline injections on this forum they could make a  killing...  Undecided
We all need a vacation...  Smiley

Why do you think I chose coffee as my business focus?

Still around.
imperi

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 05:26:52 AM

If it hits $11 I will sell everything since it confirms how lardycake and others were saying the value should be $5 or $6.

However, if it goes up to $17 I'll buy a bunch more since it means Bitcoins are on the upswing.

Wink
Bitcoin Swami

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 05:35:42 AM

If it hits $11 I will sell everything since it confirms how lardycake and others were saying the value should be $5 or $6.

However, if it goes up to $17 I'll buy a bunch more since it means Bitcoins are on the upswing.

Wink

I dont believe you.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2011, 02:50:01 PM

Told ya!  Bite the bullet and get back in, Boys. Tomorrow when all those Dwolla deposits drop, it'll be even more expensive.

insert coin here:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: