The root of the problem!

<< < (4/6) > >>

Sjalq:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
-Satoshi's quote in the genesis block

"Yes, [we will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography,] but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.
Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own.
It's very attractive to the libertarian viewpoint if we can explain it properly. I'm better with code than with words though."
-Satoshi Nakamoto

TheMalon:
Quote from: Sjalq on July 08, 2011, 08:36:28 AM

"Yes, [we will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography,] but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.
Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own.
It's very attractive to the libertarian viewpoint if we can explain it properly. I'm better with code than with words though."
-Satoshi Nakamoto

It seems to be a phrase from larger text. Extracting some sentences from their context let you interpret them as you like.
Could you, please, copy/paste the entire text.

Ciao.

Sjalq:
Quote from: TheMalon on July 08, 2011, 08:41:26 AM

Quote from: Sjalq on July 08, 2011, 08:36:28 AM

-Satoshi Nakamoto

It seems to be a phrase from larger text. Extracting some sentences from their context let you interpret them as you like.
Could you, please, copy/paste the entire text.

Ciao.

So you think he built this as his cool little side project, all the things about a limited money supply, safeguards against both govt control and malicious hacking were just nice to haves and that he did not have a fundamental problem with the current system?

marcus_of_augustus:
Quote from: TheMalon on July 08, 2011, 08:23:57 AM

Quote from: bitcoin_bug on July 08, 2011, 07:44:05 AM

... bad money is the root of the problem!

Let's get rid if it.

;D
There is no such a thing as "bad money" ... you can't say "bad stone" because someone smashed your head with it!
Currencies are essential because they facilitate the interchange of goods/services.

Ciao.

Fine point.

But don't bring a knife to a gun fight .... and then praise the knife for being expertly crafted .... but inevitably not up to the job.

There is such a thing as bad money, good money, better money and best money and it is a technological continuum.

Cowrie shells and tally sticks are obviously past their use by date. Centrally issued fiat paper notes and their electronic ledgers representations are smelling pretty bad right about now too.

TheMalon:
Quote from: Sjalq on July 08, 2011, 08:45:42 AM

So you think he built this as his cool little side project, all the things about a limited money supply, safeguards against both govt control and malicious hacking were just nice to haves and that he did not have a fundamental problem with the current system?

Let me make it clear:
Bitcoin is a "proof of concept" project!
The "concept" is a solution to the problem "How to send something to someone without the need of a centralized third-party to guarantee the transaction?"
Now you can (as very often happens) to use this solution to make different thing, because not only the currencies have this problem. For example another project born with the same solution is namecoin (just search the net for it).
Now pretending that Bitcoin is a solution to the actual socio-economic-political shit in which we live ... its FAR TOO SIMPLISTIC...

Trust me ... i'm not a anti-Bitcoin moron ... i just trying to say that the Bitcoin's core is truly important and not the Bitcoin itself and that the problems of our world can not be solved by it.

Ciao.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page