Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:58:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC are getting dumped, is this repeat of 2013 pump and dump?  (Read 223 times)
AussieBTC (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:24:43 AM

Great to see good support for bitcoin, most comments are optimistic which scares me, in saying this i hope you wont be the one loosing and paying for this, because large bag carriers don't need your or mine opinion, they predict what moves you will make.

Over the years Bitcoin was rising which i was sure would of happened, and i predict this steady grow for the future too, however my concern is this current 1 month pump, and people investing at this time, these naive people buying now and supporting this price will loose the most, and they will be the ones getting scared and selling in 1-2 months time which is what happened in 2013 back then i spoke with many people that lost thousands.

Bezobraznike price rise of 2k is nothing, all that means is large bags wait for price adjustment before they dump their other bag, and you were contradicting yourself with your comment.
Nadam se da si u pravu sto se cjene tice.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
santieevanz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:10:40 AM

Looking at the volume and what just happened to Bitcoin in last month, its obvious that this is the biggest Pump and Dump since 2013, dumping is happening now but they try to control it until they dump their huge bags.
Little guys and new comers with up to 5 coins is the ones that will loose and pay the price.

I've been in the game 5 years now and i can smell it, i'm not saying sell your coins, all i say is don't buy as we are experiencing mother of all dumps since the introduction of Bitcoin.
If you don't believe me just look at the graphs and read the posts from 2013, these posts are repeating now with the guys saying it will sky rocket and deep inside they know that its wishful thinking.
 Cool
The performance of bitcoin's value dropped before year 2018 comes and most of the people expected that it will keep on pumping before year 2017 ended unfortunately it never happened. Bitcoin's dropping of value is a disadvantage to those who hold their coins but at the same time, it is an advantage to those people who keeps on waiting to this moment and who keeps on believing that it will pump again just like what happened at the month of November. Let's hope for a better result of bitcoin and be positive enough that crashing will never happen.

RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:38:58 AM

I don't agree that it is just repeating what is in the history. If it is what you believed in, wake up. Many things have changed for the past four years. If you will be like that, you won't earn and profit a lot, maybe you'll lose money. Just be optimistic.
2013 people has not much interest in bitcoin , people more to consider it as something like a bullshit that could disappeared soon.
But then bitcoin keep growing value and its community , the development growth faster than what expected.
And here we are standing and hold a lot of money that almost has no value back in 2009-2010-2011-2012-2013. The dump can always happened anytime , but if you look at the current situation , a huge drop seems won't happened especially after the LN launched.
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 06:52:31 AM

Not so many people will agree with you and i am one of them.there is mass adoption of bitcoin today and alot of big time investors unlike those of old who could manipulate prices so much.Today,people are  always capitalizing on price dumps at the least opportunity and so there will not be a major dump like 2013.The bitcoin prices will always recover.

mrproblem

Activity: 392
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:57:18 AM

it will not be the same thing like 2013 because strategies on coins is not same like 2013. IT was not so volatile as like now in there also it was not known so much in that time.
So trading history of BTC started to change after 2015 so consider it but big players of today were not in there even in 2015s
AussieBTC (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:26:43 AM

Ah well, no one listed to me and now loose your money.
I said it is repeat of 2013.

Wink
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:12:40 PM

It's not the same thing as it happened in 2013, simply because the awareness around bitcoin is completely different now. Some regulation has been done already, some countries really support bitcoin, there are more exchanges, although with still low liquidity when compared to financial markets, but way larger than in 2013. I heard news that the pup and dump in 2013 could have been done almost by a single person or a very small number of individuals. That is not possible now.

Of course that the "pump and dump" feeling hasn't changed, and a lot of people still just want to use bitcoin as an asset, so these cycles will continue. Maybe in 2013 it really was a single person, or a very small number of individuals, and now it's wall street. I do believe that this dump happening when the CBOE futures contracts are ending is not a coincidence. Wall Street guys did this pump and dump, and will probably keep doing it while they can.

The only reason they do this however, is because bitcoin has not enough adoption yet. It may have global awareness, but it doesn't have global adoption, so it's easy for them to manipulate the market. They can buy and sell bitcoin, like if they were buying and selling candy.

Smart people and real investors (not traders), will hold their coins during these events because BTC is still in development and we know it. Let's wait for LN to arrive, and for bitcoin to start having real use capabilities. When adoption happens, market manipulation will stop.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:30:15 PM

No, much have changed since 2013.

Back then there was one exchange that had most of the volume. These days its different.

Especially with wall street getting involved and all those ETFs that are trying to get approved and listed on the stock markets.

With the existence of coin exchange sites from left to right, the circulating coins throughout the entire network is almost evenly spread and I have to agree with you. There's no way a pump and dump group could do this since Bitcoin's value is so really high and a group should be consist of BTC holders that has a tremendous amount of coins in their wallet which can manipulate its price from time to time. Bitcoin's movement and growth has changed dramatically with the continuous increase of people that was able to acquire BTC's. In fact, even Bitcoin hoarders has already gave up what they have as they can't resist to earn lots of profits.
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 01:40:21 PM

Many people do not like Bitcoin anymore due to the expensive fees and slow network so I do not really think the market will rebound much this time. I think the winter is upon us and I think the price of bitcoin if it goes below seven thousand US dollars, will probably drop at least right back to two or three thousand dollars again like the middle of last year again and then the price will remain low and regulated and suppressed at those levels.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:02:42 PM

BTC is dumping now and it is good to us to invest or buy bitcoins now because i read some news that bitcoin will reach about 40k usd this year.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Borisb52

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:08:29 PM

What is now happening in the market, crypto currency always happens. Now the market correction is coming to an end after strong growth in autumn and winter of last year. This is a cyclical process in the market. Only the correction duration is changed. Coins can not constantly grow or constantly fall.
bitcoinking11

Activity: 378
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:16:09 PM

I don't think that this is the repeat of 2013, as the current situation is quite different. At present, Bitcoin is well-known and one of the most prominent cryptocurrency. It wasn't as well-known in 2013.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: