Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:37:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Miners with Rigs Question for you !  (Read 1969 times)
TheLuckyGuy (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 09:29:46 PM

Would their be any interest too mine in a Non Public Pool where you need an invite to come in?

Basically I just want to open up a pool where people can join with a large amount off Hashes.

Let me exploin that:

When we have 100 Members with rigs running 24/7 : That would be atleast 100G/hash

An 50 BTC Block will given to 100Members and not to 600 10M/hash users etc.

But everyone would get more money becuase we would find more with less members.

And when some really big guys want to join. With 7 G/hash. It would be really easy with a less amount off users become really popular.

What do you think guys ?

/discuss !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Fletch

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

I'll have a steak sandwich and a... steak sandwich

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 10:00:11 PM

Basically I just want to open up a pool where people can join with a large amount off Hashes.
What a novel idea!

HashPeak - GPU mining hashrate peak detector
BTC: 1FLETCHvcUKosefrcZCLUQTtvx4WvgnYMC
TheLuckyGuy (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 10:02:14 PM

So you don't like it...

Maybe other's like it and when not Smiley Then I won't make it Smiley

How simple is that ?
1.21gigawatts

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 10:05:55 PM

This statement is false
TheLuckyGuy (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 10:09:07 PM

This statement is false

yeah you are right.

Damn my thinking it was an idea...

AngelusWebDesign

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 10:12:32 PM

The advantage would be -- no losses to pool hopping. All the benefit of "solo mining" with less variance.

It might have merit, except which big-time miners would want to join a smaller pool with lots of variance? If they were big enough to solo mine, they'd be doing so.

And they'd have to trust you, someone would have to set up servers, etc.

I'm sure there's a reason it hasn't been done.

But I wouldn't say the idea is totally crazy.
Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 10:16:13 PM

A hidden club for 'serious' miners beyond 5-10ghash/s would be pretty good for several reasons, most important of which being zero downtime due to DDoS.

Simply put, don't let anyone except accepted members know the mining pool IP. So the next time a DDoS hits major pools, you are safe. Plus you wont be getting pool hoppers from other sites.

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
TheLuckyGuy (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 01:32:53 PM

yeah but I need contact with some guys Smiley

Maybe I can lock down that shit. With an .htacces file Smiley

So only legit persons know about it and can join.

And the good thing is too that I wont get a big DDos attack. For some reason it can happen sure but when nobody knows the damn ip and where the server is hosted.

I will use a cloud Smiley
PandaMiner

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 03:38:51 PM

TheLuckyGuy, either your English has improved in 16 hours, or your first post was written while you were drunk, lol.  Seriously, it seemed like English wasn't your first language up there. Your most almost made no sense.  Now you're "speaking" like a pro. Kudos.

❘|❘ NEUFUND Re-Imagine ICOs | Connect off- and on-chain with equity tokens | Enjoy risk-free commitment
JOIN THE ICBM | JOIN THE DISCUSSION
ensign_lee

Activity: 886
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 06:03:11 PM

Novel idea, definitely. solves the DDOS problems and the pool hopping problems.

Too bad I only have 2 GH/s. Sad

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
KarlSpaat

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 07:22:29 AM

Less miners mean cpu power of server can be used to provide a lot of statistics. I would join, if the pool do so.

Another point is no fucking DDoS Attacks, if the pool is unknown.
Boing7898

Activity: 686
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 08:33:45 AM

Haha. I'm RTFM from HackForums.
No, I already told you that a pool for botnets only isn't profitable.
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2011, 12:00:23 PM

You would make more money in a smaller pool WHEN a DDOS hits!! Think about it, half the computers mining in the world go down all at once, but your systems stay running?  While everyone is switching over to an online pool, you would be mining at a much better rate!!

I'm down. Let's do it!
AngelusWebDesign

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 09:43:00 PM

No, you're wrong.

Difficulty only resets every 2016 blocks, not several times a day!
marvinmartian

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 09:59:34 PM

The "hidden club" part here will be difficult to enforce.

Why be hidden?  Just have an easy and novel way to inform miners if/when the main IP for the pool swtiches (to circumvent DoS).

I know some pools are doing this unofficially by switching the domain names of the pool server(s).

Then again, keeping even that a "secret" can be hard.  If one of your users is a traitor, you too can get tcp-hammered.  Similarly, if someone find a way through to your secret info.  

Off the top of my head, a "secret DNS server" seems like an interesting idea?  Can you rotate a DNS server's IP easily and keep it private?  EG.,

dns.mysecretminingclub.org -> 123.234.345.456  (has all your secret info like:  api.btcminingclub.org)

(but then, magically, dns.mysecreteminingclub.org gets pointed to something else ... several times a day)

Your idea sounds somewhat interesting though.  If I had more time in my life I'd volunteer to do some of the infrastructure work.  But I don't.  ;-(

I'll offer some free, cheap, advice.

Think ahead about your miners.  Anyone with > 5 Gh/s will be pretty tech savvy.  So if you provide them with tools that would help with anything like the above, you have an added advantage.  EG., you can have another means (other than the website) for providing "secret" info like server URLs.

You don't need to look just like other mining pools.  You want to have more "swiss army knife" options for your tech-savvy miners.

Also, anything you can do to aid in automation and providing all those little obsessive stats would help.  Nerds love stats.

EG., I'm really surprised that no mining pool has a tachometer-style hash meter display ... or lots of graphs of how my miners have been doing ... or my btc/day ... or ...

"... and the geeks shall inherit the earth."
PandaMiner

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 12:02:03 AM

EG., I'm really surprised that no mining pool has a tachometer-style hash meter display ... or lots of graphs of how my miners have been doing ... or my btc/day ... or ...

TripleMining has a tach in the header, lol.

❘|❘ NEUFUND Re-Imagine ICOs | Connect off- and on-chain with equity tokens | Enjoy risk-free commitment
JOIN THE ICBM | JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: