Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:41:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you been a victim of scams?  (Read 691 times)
cl0ckw0rk

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:11:51 AM

Yea I'm still waiting for that Nigerian government official to wire transfer me $30 million...  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
toledotrips

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:13:52 AM

Ambis and ATS

There are scams for every letter.

bitconnect for B

C, we are looking for a C scam...
Anonaneadone

Activity: 263
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:25:18 AM

I am really interested in this topic and am writing Bachelor thesis about types of frauds on the internet. I believe it is serious problem and it is important to share your stories so others would be aware of these issues.

Please share your experience, where you faced scams, what were your losses, do you know anyone else who faced same issues?

Examples of scams:
1.) Shady Exchanges
2.) Pyramids and Ponzi Schemes
3.) ICOs
4.) Mining software with malware
5.) Emails from scammers.

I will be really thankful for your stories!

P.S. Please specify scam websites, token names or projects in order to bring awareness.
i am aware in pyramid scams and email scams so i have never been a victim of those and the mining and shady exchanges, i do not know both of them.

the only scam i experience is ICO, in almost a month in this forum, i only experience one and that is atlant. its almost 3 months since the ICO done but they can not calculate the stakes and give the bounties

Whitepaper     E M R X Token   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
  [ telegram   facebook   TWITTER ]         New Digital Economy
zoom_rich

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:40:40 AM

Technically yes. A coin was pumped and dumped. I was a noob. Lost lots of cash. Ruined me, though I much better now. But can't replaced what was lost, and what could have been.

Technically, it isn't a scammed but rather you've loss your money because of your lack of experience and patience. Being scammed are being fooled or deceive by someone.
Personally, I was scammed by some bounty campaigns here as they didn't paid the participants after the campaign ended but I just thought to myself that their karma will soon be serve.

The reason why I call it a scam is because it was an indirect way of taking somebody's money. Even though I can't see them, don't know who they are, they were performing actions to take away people's money. I was certainly a noob and learned big time. It wasn't a lack of patience though, if I'd panicked I would have taken all my money out sooner.
xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:26:24 AM

I was scammed in 2014. At that time, I bought $20 worth of BTC and transferred it to an exchange called Mintpal. Recently, I would like to check if my money is still there. And I found that Mintpal is gone and it is a scam.

imsotiredofmoviereboots

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:43:05 AM

I got into mining last summer and needed to download one of the .dll files for the miner. I was careless and one of the .dll's was an executable. All my passwords were compromised, had to wipe and reinstall my system and reset all of my passwords. I learned my lesson. Stay safe, fellas

I became a victim of hyips, pyramiding and doublers but I think that's the scariest kind of scams. It's not just your money but everything is in jeopardy and it will need a lot of effort to start again.
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:55:37 AM

In this forum there is a bounty called C project by EHRHC. At the first look the project is a scam but I put in mind that probably let's try some work in this probably it might give a reward. I tried joining twitter campaign in C but no pay Cheesy. Luckily for him he had a best Christmas for his life but should have a great karma ahead Cheesy
richan

Merit: 11

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 08:01:23 AM

Yes MLM networking some two years back. It promised huge amount of interest 30 to 40 % of capital for 2 months of keeping your money with them. I was too naive and couldn't realize it was a ponzi scheme. It was not based on any value, so I should have be smart to identify it was scam. First few investors were paid but the later entrance got scammed.
deepcryptomine

Merit: 101

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:00:41 AM

I have avoided being a victim so far even though I do invest plenty of altcoins. I just had a close encounter when etherdelta was hacked but that's pretty much it. I like to read this kind of posts  to remind me to be more careful.
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:04:03 AM

I was victim of bitcad ICO. It was a very interesting project and i was really impressed about it. And i decided to invest a bit. But whenever token sale completed bitcad team start to respond less and after a while they dissapeared.  ;DIt was about 1 year ago. I dont complain so much. It was an experience for me. I started to search about team more before joining icos after bitcad.
josephinerosdy

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:18:32 AM

I got scammed in my first experience to try make money from internet. I join on some ponzy scheme website, I invest some money and never get profit or money back like their claim
kinilawnabakulaw

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:17:19 AM

Hard to admit, but yes, I have been a victim of scam. I once joined a signature campaign for a bounty campaign named C. It was so enticing as they were giving bitcoins as reward but after the campaign, no payout was given.

balrog

Activity: 448
Merit: 37

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 11:21:32 AM

In this forum there is a bounty called C project by EHRHC. At the first look the project is a scam but I put in mind that probably let's try some work in this probably it might give a reward. I tried joining twitter campaign in C but no pay Cheesy. Luckily for him he had a best Christmas for his life but should have a great karma ahead Cheesy
Yea , same story . I participated this bounty too and now I can see this was a wrong decision .
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:31:05 AM

I am really interested in this topic and am writing Bachelor thesis about types of frauds on the internet. I believe it is serious problem and it is important to share your stories so others would be aware of these issues.

Please share your experience, where you faced scams, what were your losses, do you know anyone else who faced same issues?

Examples of scams:
1.) Shady Exchanges
3.) ICOs

P.S. Please specify scam websites, token names or projects in order to bring awareness.

My MEW got hacked and they stole 0.9 ETH. I'm very security aware but I got caught because I replied on an email (slack support for IOTA). I can only blame myself because I will NEVER reply to emails requesting my banking details, so why did I reply to the slack email?  I did not focus, I'm really disappointed in myself BUT I paid the school fess and hope that it will never happen again.

I believe that because of the complex nature of cryptos, especially in the beginning, we are more exposed to scams. What I like is the communities that warn their members of scams (SCAM ALERTS)

The Slack scam messaging was probably the biggest one last year and caught many people out. They were on almost all coin slack channels and sent "official" emails and PMs to every member. The first one i received almost fooled me too but i had a habit on hovering over any email links and checking where it led before clicking. Now i dont click on any email link no matter where it comes from.
Singbatak

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:32:08 AM

Yes i am and here in crypto a lot of scams are by phising site,i think also they use bitcoin in pyramiding like redex but it's legit you only need to invite before you earn so it's not good if you ask me another thing this is tool also to easy scam other because this is digital money. Always think before you do investment here like in hardware to do mining because it so expensive so what if they scam you.
D-Fault

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:35:58 AM

Hard to admit, but yes, I have been a victim of scam. I once joined a signature campaign for a bounty campaign named C. It was so enticing as they were giving bitcoins as reward but after the campaign, no payout was given.

And what did you do? How can an average member of this forum defend himself? Wrighting to the moderators so they'll ban that scam project forever? What's the options?
germa66

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:42:03 AM

Examples of scams:
1.) Shady Exchanges
3.) ICOs

some scams have happened to me and finally I lost a lot of money, from now on I will never again trust some links sent to my email by promising us to invest with big profits.

Theoneo8

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:44:40 AM

I have been scammed, but it was just 20$ pulled out of my pocket.
I sent as small amount as I could on Bitzure. But Lot's of guys left big money there.
Lara644

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:57:42 AM

I've been scammed, first by the popular MMM society which was a ponzi scheme and then by a cryptocurrency lending platform called coinreum, I lost 0.07 btc to them. I wish I had kept my btc in my wallet.
weborsha

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:05:34 PM

You know, in our country the National Bank is the greatest scammer:) i mean they offer deposits with 10% per year (in our currency), while the inflation is over 20% per year.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: