Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:24:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new to mining a bit overwhelmed (android + asics)  (Read 1487 times)
dwaring28720 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:34:14 PM

Hi yeah as title says im new to bitcoins and mining. First id like to say im not doing the mining to retire or anything the way i see it. my pcs at home are on 24/7 and my office pcs are on 24/7 so why not get them doing something when im not using them. So at the minute im using bfgminer on them all and im signed up/connected to the btcguild.com server/pool.

anyway im getting off point. i bought an antminer u1quite cheap an it turned up today so i plugged it into my win 8.1 media server at home and it works a treat outstripping the rest of my pcs easily so ive ordered some more. Now i was just curious is there an android miner i can use? Ive got a mk802 android pc on a stick is there a way to connect the asics and have them recognised by the stick and have a nice little portable mining setup.

I might just be blathering but ive got an old galaxy s which would be kinda cool to have a little portable miner rig with display.

thanks for any suggestions
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xmk3

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 10:49:55 PM

I've tried quite a few of them, and all are super slow/buggy.  But they do submit shares for most any type of coin.  Since most of the android miners available are based off Poolers CPUMiner code, they're all pretty similar.  I've only found one that will hash using the GPU:

Andromine - Can start a mining thread for each CPU core.  The only android miner I've seen (to date) that supports renderscript functionality, so it will actually use the Nvidia GPU for mining w/ the CPU (for droids with decent GPU's).  Also has an "ad free" version.
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.android.joker.andromine

Another option is: Crypto Miner - Supports 1 thread per CPU core, and will mine most coins.  Also has an "ad free" pro version. 
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.miner

There are no doubt others, but these are the ones I've had the most luck getting to work on my collection of android devices.

Oh yeah!  I should probably warn you too.  These apps drain the battery quickly, and make the device pretty warm.  So I wouldn't leave one mining while it was in my pocket!   Grin
myk3916

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:38:32 AM

Hi yeah as title says im new to bitcoins and mining. First id like to say im not doing the mining to retire or anything the way i see it. my pcs at home are on 24/7 and my office pcs are on 24/7 so why not get them doing something when im not using them. So at the minute im using bfgminer on them all and im signed up/connected to the btcguild.com server/pool.

anyway im getting off point. i bought an antminer u1quite cheap an it turned up today so i plugged it into my win 8.1 media server at home and it works a treat outstripping the rest of my pcs easily so ive ordered some more. Now i was just curious is there an android miner i can use? Ive got a mk802 android pc on a stick is there a way to connect the asics and have them recognised by the stick and have a nice little portable mining setup.

I might just be blathering but ive got an old galaxy s which would be kinda cool to have a little portable miner rig with display.

thanks for any suggestions

just finished building it now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlkgYfIbwVI&feature=youtu.be

i read your comment before i was on the net searching for mk802 asic stuff... nothing.. so i built it...

donate: 185DzHCwvuRmymLvBkNDYiteP9SssY1nbK
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: